It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Start of a New Worldwide Trend ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Right. Charity is its own reward. Don't show us how good you are, just be good. And while you're at it, teach these kids to fish so that maybe they won't have to be homeless.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't see this as a new trend as such, maybe putting the idea of helping the homeless in to the consciousness of more people that are blind to the troubles of others is?

From around the age of eleven or twelve I have always tried to help the homeless people I see, I have never had that much money myself, certainly not like the guy in the video with the white supercar, I live on the bread line, payday to payday, could never imagine getting on to the housing ladder although I am fairly well educated.

And I remember doing exactly what these guys are doing, I just didn't put it on YouTube, maybe I should have if the results are inspiring to others.

If there is someone sat hungry on the street, I will buy them something to eat and sit with them for a while and talk, if they have a dog with them I will buy the dog some food too, I usually don't give money because of the obvious reasons that we don't talk about here.

I don't think I have ever ignored someone in need.

All due credit to these people in the video though, media gets to a lot of people in this age and hopefully it will encourage a lot more people to give a little bit more to those less fortunate than the majority.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Hecate666
I also find this very patronising. Don't film it, do something for the right reasons, no need to tell the world.

I get what you are saying but, the world we live in today is all about media and the internet.

Maybe, just maybe ~ it will encourage others to do what these guys are doing.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I cant put the video on as im on my phone. Theres a trend caled neck nomination which kids mix a plethora of liquids and down the mixture but i came across a video from a man from south africa who was nominated but instead of doin the stupid challenge he instead chosr to help a homeless man and give him sone food and then nominated two friends to do the same within 24 hours, what a wonderful person .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join