It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighted over Kent, UK.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Let me start by saying that i have no images or video and while i say in the title it was a 'UFO', i mean that i have not been able to identify something i saw flying in the sky that looked very unusual to me.

So if you're a photo/video or it didn't happen kind of person, then as far as you're concerned, it didn't happen.

Time/location;

Sunday 2nd Feb, 2104. 17:20 Hrs.

Tesco super store car park (North car park), Park Farm / Kingsnorth, Ashford, Kent UK.

Sighting;

Small in appearance, bright blue / electric blue coloured light flying in an erratic pattern towards the East, heading approximately towards Sevington.

It was quite bright, looked like a light point / star like and not disc shaped, triangular, or spherical from what we could see. Looked similar to a star in shape, and was moving at an erratic speed...fast - slow - zig-zag pattern moving away from the car park we were in, and heading East.

My Wife, myself and our two kids all saw it.

It appeared to dip down behind the houses to the East of the car park, but this may have been an optical illusion, due to it moving away from us.

No ordinary aircraft have a single bright blue / metallic or electric blue light..wasn't making any sound, no normal chopper sounds or lights and moved very weirdly.

Wondered if any members are from this area and might have seen it too..long shot i know, but thought i'd ask anyway.

I haven't ruled out a toy of some type, but the height and distance it covered made this doubtful in my mind at the time, but i still am not sure it wasn't a remote or toy craft with super bright LEDs perhaps.

It was nice to see, whatever it was, not freaky or upsetting...just very out of the ordinary.

I'm off to bed, so any replies will have to wait till tomorrow i'm afraid.

Thought i'd put this out there, to see if anyone else saw it.

edit on 2-2-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I know there are people out there who fly pretty sophisticated planes and choppers (remote controlled) - adults in clubs for this sort of thing who need to get permission and everything. You said it reminded you of a toy so hopefully someone here belongs to one of these clubs and can say how high they are allowed to fly.

Lots of these posts in recent days.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Why are our friends overthere across the pond having all the fun.
I was tracking another guys post awhile back that saw one in Oxfordshire that had me glued to my computer.
Keep us very updated here my friend.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Thanks Dianec.

Didn't actually remind me of a toy, but i'm not ruling it out as a suspect.

If it was a toy though, it would have been a pretty sophisticated one judging by the way it moved and it's bursts of speed then slowing...but it could have been.

Thanks anyway, hopefully there are other members from around this area who might belong to one of the clubs you mentioned...if not, i'll do a little digging tomorrow and contact a few clubs to ask.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I saw this exact thing. Just by the roundabout off Park Farm. I was heading towards Brenzett.
Exactly as you describe it, and at the same time too-the weird thing was the blue metallic glow, and the fact that it was fairly close to the ground.

My best explanation was that it was a Chinese Lantern (Chinese new year is on 31st January).

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

MysterX
Let me start by saying that i have no images or video and while i say in the title it was a 'UFO', i mean that i have not been able to identify something i saw flying in the sky that looked very unusual to me.

So if you're a photo/video or it didn't happen kind of person, then as far as you're concerned, it didn't happen.

Time/location;

Sunday 2nd Feb, 2104. 17:20 Hrs.

Tesco super store car park (North car park), Park Farm / Kingsnorth, Ashford, Kent UK.

Sighting;

Small in appearance, bright blue / electric blue coloured light flying in an erratic pattern towards the East, heading approximately towards Sevington.

It was quite bright, looked like a light point / star like and not disc shaped, triangular, or spherical from what we could see. Looked similar to a star in shape, and was moving at an erratic speed...fast - slow - zig-zag pattern moving away from the car park we were in, and heading East.

My Wife, myself and our two kids all saw it.

It appeared to dip down behind the houses to the East of the car park, but this may have been an optical illusion, due to it moving away from us.

No ordinary aircraft have a single bright blue / metallic or electric blue light..wasn't making any sound, no normal chopper sounds or lights and moved very weirdly.

Wondered if any members are from this area and might have seen it too..long shot i know, but thought i'd ask anyway.

I haven't ruled out a toy of some type, but the height and distance it covered made this doubtful in my mind at the time, but i still am not sure it wasn't a remote or toy craft with super bright LEDs perhaps.

It was nice to see, whatever it was, not freaky or upsetting...just very out of the ordinary.

I'm off to bed, so any replies will have to wait till tomorrow i'm afraid.

Thought i'd put this out there, to see if anyone else saw it.

edit on 2-2-2014 by MysterX because: typo

Wow I was actually there! But didnt see anything haha

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Damnit why don't things like this happen at my Tescos.. I'm there 5 days a week working and never see anything! And I'm only is south Essex.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Nothing like that up here in Shropshire though I have got film of a circular object zip across the view of my camera..it was back when people were getting crazy footage of the sun..so I stood on my doorstep and filmed it. I only noticed on the playback.

My first thoughts on reading your post was 'drone'. It certainly doesn't sound like a 'day to day' craft.

There is a Project Camelot video recently on youtube that describes craft types..might be worth a listen.

new topics

top topics

join