It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's something wrong with the snow in Virginia...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

We don't have any yet, but the weatherman is forecasting some, so I am waiting. I will do a video because we need to have video's that show snow melting normally.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Wow imagine if the snow didn't melt tho n it kept snowing and snowing we'd be pretty foooookt!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

We don't have any yet, but the weatherman is forecasting some, so I am waiting. I will do a video because we need to have video's that show snow melting normally.

I imagine there could be some very dry snow which responds differently from wet snow. Still I noticed no one used non butane for like a match on the videos i watched, so those to make black oily residue and smell chemical in themselves.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I tested my alaskan snow earlier in the day. It melted like I (everyone) assumes it should, not exactly right where the flame is applied, but all around it, the lighter flame heated the whole thing up and started to drip quite easily, and I barely smelled any butane, there was black soot from the lighter, but it wipes right off and is wet. It reacted completly different from what the videos showed and what others are saying their snow is like.
Mine, melted easy (tested plain snow and ice from backyard both had similar results), didnt smell, and I wouldnt even say that it burned, it melted leaving wet soot behind.
Sounds like a pretty big difference, I know my snows legit lol

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

yes that would be something to try...

but it looks like our snow is not going to much happen after all. It snowed today a little but warmed up enough to melt it before sundown and now it just looks like we are having drizzly ice.

So, no snow for us this weekend! Unless of course something changes...
edit on 31-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
We tried this up in central Alberta (Canada) and did not have the same results. The snow melted as you would expect it to, and there were no black marks on it at all.

Our thoughts were that it could possibly be related to pollution? Possibly like an acid rain effect but with the snow? Not sure. We definitely did not have the same results though. In our case the snow wasn't quite as wet, but it still formed into a ball. That could have affected the results as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Nope, it looks like the weathermen have debunked this and this is now being called an internet hoax.

www.accuweather.com...

Too bad, I was looking forward to burning snow! hahahaha, I have melted snow for distillation before, but never burned any!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm in VA and while I didn't light it I can say it tastes good. We made some snow cream after that last snow the other day. I have some fake snow in the freezer......science chem sets make me look uber smart to the little ones lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

onehuman
I haven't tried to melt my snow here in Rhode Island yet as I'm to comfy in bed, but I can say something that I noticed the last couple years is how clean my car is after it snows. I mean it looks like it was just waxed professionally. I'm pretty sure I posted about it somewhere on here last year. I have also noticed that it isn't just my car. The wife' as well as other cars driving around town.

So take a little note of that and see if that is happening where you are as well.

Count your blessings, I guess. Here, in the mid-Atlantic 98% or so of all cars on the roads are a mess with white residue from the road chemicals, salt and sand.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Thanks for the welcome. I didn't want anyone to kill themselves accidentally. As a counterpoint, what she said about it making the igloo stronger is unknown to me, but could be true. I just was imagining some poor kid in an igloo thinking the smoke would magically disappear.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

I totally understand where you are coming from. And welcome by the way.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

Unfortunately about 3 weeks ago I made snow cream. I thought it tasted slightly off, nothing super noticable but I thought the texture was strange. It tasted pretty alright, though. I added some coconut milk to it as well

I realize there's been a lot of debunking statements going on but I still think something odd is happening.
Especially since there have been people reporting that their snow does not have a reaction even close to the videos. There's a lot of 'it could be..' and even my meteorologist friend hinted at nanobots. I'm not negating science to support my theory but nothing anyone has described has completely debunked everything about these videos and this phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Thank you kindly. Some of you who think this ice thing ties to chemtrails might want to check out a site called DataAsylum. I have seen it and it is interesting. Tell me your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Apparently the everyone in my town is in such an uproar that the local news picked it up. They implied that we'd been saying the snow is fake, which I don't think anyone has implied. All of us said it's contaminated, not fake. They said it has this reaction because it's a 'dry snow.' Here's the article: WSLS

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by peaceblaster

I think you're absolutely right.

Saying that the snow is OK in your region does not debunk the snow in Atlanta.

But I appreciate folks letting us know that it isn't a generalized effect, which would be even more disturbing of course.

The question is, are the skies above some areas so polluted that the snow has become a health hazard to life on the ground?

I can't have any snow analyzed, as one ATSer suggested, 'cus I'm in Hawaii and it's 79 degrees!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

ignorant_ape
sigh - the " black stuff " is carbon `soot` from the lighter what disturbs me is that I have to explain this

You would be wrong. It disturbs me that I have to explain this. Your hypothesis does not account for the smell, which is akin to burning plastic. I get annoyed at people who don't take the time to at least look at the claims being presented before they attempt to explain them away with some basic science that they don't fully understand themselves, or they liberally apply, unsuccessfully mind you, in an attempt to apparently say "I solved the mystery!" No, you didn't.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

I actually wish we had a bit of snow, t'would be interesting to see if I could tie in weirdly melting snow (or no melting snow) with the Fukushima-west-coast-all are gonna die from the radiation effect... too bad

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I don't know. I am in Virginia and its just plain old snow and now it's melting and its only 40° outside. Of course all the snow on the side of the roads is turning black but that's normal . Day one snow is pretty. Day three snow is pretty yucky.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I am in Virginia. It's normal snow. This is such bull.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

The chemicals are designed to melt the snow not preserve it. But really this is a lie. It's just normal snow and the vid is not showing snow but some fiber type material. It's a lie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join