It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil/dollar/flu concerns - Is the sky falling, or just a little stormy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The dollar is ready to crash.
Oil will soon run out, as far as our personal gas tanks go.
A pandemic of avian/swine flu is predicted.
Global warming will have unknown consequences to farming and shipping.
A terrorist nuke could be anywhere in the country.
The Yellowstone caldera could erupt across half the country.
Highly disruptive martial law (Patriot Act) could result from a terrorist act, or any of the above scenarios.

This being said - does anyone have a six to twelve month prediction, forecast, hypothosis on what could happen to the daily life of the "average" citizen?

With so many people researching so many aspects of possible disruptions, I wonder if there is any way to sort out a middle ground in preparing for these scenarios.

Should folks with cash take it out of the bank and bury it in the yard? Buy gold? Buy jelly beans?

How bad will the oil situation get? SHould people live within walking distance to work? Will cities cancel public transit for lack of oil, or keep them going because people need to get around without cars? If you live close to work and stores, will you be subject to looting if/when martial law/plague/flu breaks out? If you live in the country, will survivalist nuts rob your emergency food supplies?

Should you invest a bundle in food storage and water purification? For ever or for as long as it takes to plant a garden, rebuild blown up roads, make it through quarantine?

How do you decide what to prepare for and still have a life if none of this comes to pass?

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Wait, you forgot planet X and various asteroids, the recent UFO activities and our crazy weather...Do I think the sky is falling? yes i do.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The only thing I see falling on us is Mr. Bush God ridden policies.

I guess is to not avail to pray anymore now that the sky is falling and Mr. Bush has kidnap God and have him ruling the country in the white house.

join