It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian man faces weapon of mass destruction charges in Pennsylvania

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Just saw this come across.. It caught my attention because the initial wording on the twitter feed was "Man arrested for having WMD"

Looks like they were searching for a pot growing scenario and in the process found clear bomb making materials. It's possible that the alleged was going to just blow things up in a field , like he later claimed. Who knows.

Man Arrested for WMD

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Looks like uncle Sam missed a FF opportunity.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

NOPE! russian

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Not all muslims are Arabs. But I could be wrong. Us good folk white boys have played with explosives in fields. But not so easy to get any more.

I honestly hope he is not a muslim if the explosives were for fun. If he is, ouch. Even if they were for fun, being a muslim with explosives can't be good.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

tinner07
Heres what I'm gonna say on this. without looking at any link I bet he is muslim.

Chew my butt if I'm wrong and call me racist all you like.

I see a pattern of violence across the world and muslims are behind 99% of it.

Funny I was going to say the same thing about the US - NATO war machine.

Back on topic:

they discovered a homemade bomb and bomb-making materials in a suitcase, the news release said.

I seriously doubt he was going to blow up a "field" with a bomb in a suitcase.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I dont care if he is Muslim Jewish Christian or atheist...he is making bombs!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Your reply that he isn't Muslim because he is Russian is almost as funny as the immediate idea that he IS Muslim because he has explosives.

Our world is in so much trouble....

Just a matter of days until "batin" is an occupation and law degrees are available at Costco.

LMAO. All in jest my friend, all in jest.

Glad they found the explosives and I hope they were not intended for any nefarious goals.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Vladislav Miftakhov comes from Tatarstan which is a predominantly Muslim region of Russia. So yes, the chances are pretty high that he's a Russian Muslim.

With that being said, I don't think he was planning on any terror attacks. From what I can tell, he liked playing with bombs. And while that in itself raises a little red flag in my head, I still don't think he was going to murder anyone. He blew up several small bombs in his yard leaving small craters. It says in the article that he was going to detonate the bomb in a field for fun. And for some reason, I believe it.

Also, the term "WMD" makes one think he had some sort of chemical or nuclear device. He didn't.

I'm no bomb expert, but here's a couple of links to the chemicals found in his bombs:

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

200Plus

Your reply that he isn't Muslim because he is Russian is almost as funny as the immediate idea that he IS Muslim because he has explosives.

Your right there. He could be muslim, but how many muslim russians are there? (NVM) I didnt realize there were so many.

That aside, i could care less about his religion.

The focus is on the explosives, lets not derail this any further.
edit on 1/26/2014 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
So what if he is a Russian Muslim.

He is also in a rural area.

It is just as likely he is an amateur stump remover. I have seen country boys use all kinds of crazy means to remove objects from fields. I have met some very insane Russians.

Building a bomb in a suitcase and having materials in a suitcase are also two different things. Country people use whatever is at hand to store things (no matter what country they are from).

I am not defending the guy. I have no idea what he was up to. I am simply playing Devil's advocate. I made a career out of defense and preparedness. Something like this just shouts "hillbilly" to me rather than "terrorist".

I could be wrong of course.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Bingo. we dont know enough yet. all we have are some bits of the story. So we can only assume.

Still a bomb is a bomb. what happens if it fell into the wrong hands?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Maybe if he'd just said he was practicing to apply for the NatGeo preppers show, he'd have been better off? He sounds tame to some of what they've had on there for extremes.

BTW... "Risking A Catastrophe"??? "WMD" for a bomb small enough to be disassembled?

Do they just make crap up now because it sounds good or what? What exactly constitutes a catastrophe vs. ..Oh.. say, a regular disaster from someone being stupid or perhaps just run of the mill crisis..which I'm sure, cannot be confused for minor inconvenience.

I mean some of these charge lists just read like the hyperbole of a cartoon from the old days.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
We used to blow stuff up for fun with aluminum german black and sodium nitrate. Made a big boom. a thumb sized device would send a 55 gallon drum 25 feet into the air.

That stuff became hard to get. The stuff he had, I expect even harder. SNIP He was holding it for somebody and I bet it wasnt for stump removal.

Pennsylvania has a lot of Amish. Now if they got busted with these explosives how many would think they wanted to blow up the local market? NONE. Because the Amish are a religous sect that feel if you dont like my beliefs, go forth and prosper.

He was holding bomb making material for somebody.
edit on 1/26/2014 by Blaine91555 because: violation removed.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

200Plus
***snip***
Something like this just shouts "hillbilly" to me rather than "terrorist".

And if a russian can't be a "red"neck then who can?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So what we have here is a russian redneck muslim bomb making terrorist who blows stuff up for fun....i jest
(Redacted) its the tip of a bigger terrorist organization.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I am a little confused. You used to blow things up for fun, but he is Muslim so he was holding it for someone?

How does that work?

I have been shot twice by Muslims, stabbed multiple times by Muslims and been blown up more than 20 times by Muslims. Yet Muslims still remain some of the most honest, gentle, and generous people I have met in my life. How can this be? Muslim does not equal evil. It just so happens that the current chapter in our history paints the Muslim as the enemy. The media will latch onto any story that combines Muslim and explosive and run with it.

But if it helps you sleep at night to condemn a man for doing what you did for fun, then by all means hate away.

(post by Frexmil2 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

tinner07
I see a pattern of violence across the world and muslims are behind 99% of it.

Change muslims to mankind and you are right..

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

shaneslaughta
So what we have here is a russian redneck muslim bomb making terrorist who blows stuff up for fun....i jest
(Redacted) its the tip of a bigger terrorist organization.

What is jest?
edit on 26-1-2014 by Frexmil2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join