It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The exorcisms of Latoya Ammons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I ran across this and thought Id share with you all. Pretty interesting IMO.

www.indystar.com...

A woman and three children who claimed to be possessed by demons. A 9-year-old boy walking backward up a wall in the presence of a family case manager and hospital nurse.

Austin, a 36-year veteran of the Gary Police Department, said he initially thought Indianapolis resident Latoya Ammons and her family concocted an elaborate tale as a way to make money. But after several visits to their home and interviews with witnesses, Austin said simply, "I am a believer."

The entire story is at the link and is pretty facinating.. not just the story from Latoya herself, but the people who witnessed and confirm this event... or actually, series of events.

According to Washington's original DCS report — an account corroborated by Walker, the nurse — the 9-year-old had a "weird grin" and walked backward up a wall to the ceiling. He then flipped over Campbell, landing on his feet. He never let go of his grandmother's hand.

That officer also took photos of the house. In one photo of the basement stairs, there was a cloudy white image in the upper right-hand corner. When an officer enlarged the photo, that cloud appeared to resemble a face, Lake County police records state. The enlargement also revealed a second, green image that police say looked like a female.

Im a TERRIBLE thread author, but am moderately knowledgeable about the paranormal. I HAD to share this with you all as I felt it was a fantastic story out of the many I am familiar with.. because of the amount of evidence and those who witnessed all of this. Rarely do we find this much information from outside sources.

Read and enjoy!!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Fascinating indeed. I'm about to read your link... But there is one question right off the bat - What is a Gary Police officer doing on an investigation of an Indianapolis resident? Those two cities are nowhere close to each other...

ETA... Nm. I'm reading now and see that this started in Gary.
edit on 26-1-2014 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

CIAGypsy
Fascinating indeed. I'm about to read your link... But there is one question right off the bat - What is a Gary Police officer doing on an investigation of an Indianapolis resident? Those two cities are nowhere close to each other...

It started in Gary :

In November 2011, Ammons' family moved into a rental house on Carolina Street in Gary, a quiet lane lined with small one-story homes. Big black flies suddenly swarmed their screened-in porch in December, despite the winter chill.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Previously posted...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Crazy story however.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is one of the scariest things I've ever read. Unless that kid was a parkour master/gymnastic/anti-gravity boot aficionado... I cannot figure out how he walked (or slowly slid as it sounds) up a wall backwards all the way up the ceiling without something supernatural going on. **SHUDDER** I'd write it off if it weren't for all the credible eye witnesses.

I wish there were more pictures, but this one was interesting.

Here is the caption:

A figure appears in the window of a home on Carolina Street in Gary. Officials say the home was unoccupied at the time the photo was taken. Photo provided by the Hammond Police Department.

Thanks for posting this... Although, I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Dailymail. Oh Please photo of house. Gary, Indiana ... Uber crime zone ( the police chief pays house calls ? ).
I think the whole town is haunted, and have long recommended leaving !

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

This is like a cheap remake of the Amityville Horror. Never heard so much BS. If this is true then the apocalypse has started.

A boy walking up a wall backwards?????

The whole lot seems to be suspisciously like the modern exorcism films produced over the last few years.

Entertaining read though.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

I have no real opinion on whether the story is true or false...but one thing did come to mind, which you sort of touched on. All the manifestations that have been reported seem to mimic "possession" as shown in popular hollywood movies. That's usually a clue that something is a hoax.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Unless of course the movies drew their inspirations from real life exorcisms.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

From possessions.

Its interesting, but I don't know if I buy it.

The boy acting daemon when asked questions he didn't like -and maybe he could dance, and ran and flipped up the wall and moonwalked glide over the floor?

The photo of the white figure is freaky, even the steps they excavated looks spooky.

But no more incidents in the house after they moved? And its haunted by 200 demons? I think they are blagging it.

But you never know. . . . . .

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Possession is real. As seen here:

Scary times ahead...

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ribidus

That video is disturbing.

Another link to the story referenced in the OP:
'Possessed' boy walked backwards up wall

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ribidus

Where and what is that? The bloke with the swords looks pretty crazy himself, he thinks he's a chicken !

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Soapusmaximus
reply to post by EllaMarina

From possessions.

Its interesting, but I don't know if I buy it.

The boy acting daemon when asked questions he didn't like -and maybe he could dance, and ran and flipped up the wall and moonwalked glide over the floor?

The photo of the white figure is freaky, even the steps they excavated looks spooky.

But no more incidents in the house after they moved? And its haunted by 200 demons? I think they are blagging it.

But you never know. . . . . .

Here's a link to the DCS report.

It's one thing to say that something happened to news crews, and something entirely different to officially state that it happened in one of these forms. My daughter lives in Indiana, and went through a custody battle with her ex last year. I got really familiar with the Indiana DCS during that mess. The officials who made these statements on record are threatening their careers with them. Takes a lot to get someone whose only livelihood is at stake to be so specific with a statement like that.

I know that some of you folks think that everyone is expecting a movie deal or whatever if they team up with a lie like this, but real life in the US doesn't work like that. For every person who gets to cash in on a crazy story like this, there are tens of thousands whose lives are just blown to hell for even admitting that something like this happened to them. The average state bureaucracy doesn't embrace official reports that read like this. That case worker's future isn't very bright, and neither is the future for the psychologist that reported the incident of the boy walking up the wall backwards. This case is going to be a big laugh at Indiana's expense, and these folks won't be getting anything worthwhile from filing this report.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

This is a very incredible account. My jaw pretty much stayed on the floor while reading it. the DCS report just sealed it for me.
S+F OP
Shaade

ETA:
I would also love to see some of the police reports regarding this.
edit on 1/28/2014 by Shaade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
With the DCS report, law enforcement and medical assistant witness accounts this is actually one of the best modern cases of demonic possession. The fact that they'd be willing to report it officially gives a lot of credence, though to be fair the DCS report doesn't look openly state they believe it was possession. It just reports that multiple people stated it; which is still credible given the number of officials willing to put their reputation on the line to support it.

Could it be a bunch of people hoping to get a movie score? Maybe. Could it be case of true possession? Possibly - and again; this one is only a couple of years old, with our current for the time evaluation procedures and knowledge; while I'm sure it wasn't pleasant for the family; assuming it happened, it's nice to have a "new" case with credible information and witnesses.

In the paranormal realm I've always been skeptical of demons and the like, because I have no real believe in heaven or angels or any of that. However while some may call it hypocritical I find it more reasonable that spirits (or ghosts, or extra-dimensional visitors or who knows what) may come with malicious intent more than them being actual "demons" exiled from "Heaven" or the like.

Still, I am glad the nightmare is over for that family. Real or the result of familial stress, if they are together, happy and strong - then it's a good thing.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
See this book called, "The devil and Karen Kingston." It a true and scientific deliverance of a little girl. I have authenticated the authenticity of the book twice.
joestallard.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Now i`ve seen that video (cheers btw av got to go sleep in a mo lol) and read the report.

Well.... ma minds a little blown tbh!

Am going to dust off my (home made) file on demonic possessions.

This is the sort of thing i love ATS for.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Soapusmaximus
reply to post by Ribidus

Where and what is that? The bloke with the swords looks pretty crazy himself, he thinks he's a chicken !

It's in Venezuela. It's called Maria Lionza.

Here you go for more info:

New York Times Story Maria Lionza

Wikipedia article about Maria Lionza

NYTimes video report about Maria Lionza

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This story made me think of this video I had seen on youtube a while back.

It's pretty freaky if you ask me.
edit on 28-1-2014 by Ribidus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join