It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im a beleiver he is not

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
My boyfriend does not believe in the paranormal .He takes the easy road by saying he believes in energy .But it is the energy in the living not the dead he says .So I have a few questions ? Im sure he will read this and the responses from those that reply .

Ok here is the story;

We met almost 2 years ago on the internet , We hit it off from the start or at least that was my feeling .We spend weekends at his place on the river .Almost from the moment I arrived I could feel the presence of two spirits . A woman and his dad ,holy # was my first reaction this is great, finally someone I really like , (a lot) And his dead father wants to talk with me wants me to tell him how to relax so he can communicate directly with him. Hell no where my thoughts. Im not letting this get in the way of something that could make me so happy .You would be surprised how many friends I have lost over this gift (not sure what else to call it)So I tried to ignore him , He would not have It , He was the most stubborn, persistent spirit I have ever come across .

So by my third visit I was becoming very frustrated .By this time I also new who the woman was , She had died in this house not just in this house but in the room we where sleeping in .I knew she had died in the corner of the room .She was looking for a key to unlock the door. I knew she is a panic and vomiting

So we started with her .Now in his defense he had said that his family had bought this house because the girl that lived there had overdosed . He did not tell me it was in that house or room and not until I shared with him did he say yes the room was a mess exactly how I described it. Even to where the bed was in the room and the vomit all in the corner of the room and trailed
to the bathroom , and the door was locked ,He was a very good listener and even contributed some things.

So I reluctantly approached the subject of his dad. We discussed many many things the main thing being his dad did not realize how the things he said and did to him made him feel the way they did .I told him his dad had been trying to communicate with him and for him to relax and just open himself up . He wanted a sign from his dad. So that night we where laying in bed . Almost asleep , when there was a very clear wind chime .We both heard it not once but twice .Mind you this was in minutes of him saying he wished his dad would just do something to let him know he was there . He said he had no wind chimes...Said maybe it was a neighbors wind chime and he did feel it was his dad . We heard it two more times that night . Then about twenty minutes later a sigh loud and clear he said this could have been our breathing resonating off the walls . I was so frustrated I could feel his dads frustration .

The next morning we looked every where and could not find anything that could have made the wind chime sound .But he still makes reasons no matter is said to him.

I just wish his dad could communicate with him. its obvious his dad needs to discuss something personal between the two of them , without my involvement. Any help in this or advice would be appreciated

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The saying " When the student is ready, the teacher will appear" comes to mind.

If he isn't yet ready to embrace the paranormal, the worst thing you could do is try to convince him it's real; that will just cause him to strengthen his defenses.

Like religion, our beliefs are personal choices, and we all know how frustrating it is to have a fanatic prothletise to us!

Give him a chance to absorb the information you have shared and let him come to his own conclusions in his own time. You can't live with a psychic and not eventually know that there is more to our existence than meets the eye!

P.S. My 'sperm donor' was an absent parent. I tried to get to know him as an adult. If he were trying to contact me from 'the other side' to say 'sorry', I would not care to acknowledge him.
Sometimes it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

It is what it is.
edit on 6u1212America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: To add comment

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessOfPhilosophy

Hmm. Interesting story! It seems like you have 'mixed signals' from your boyfriend, though - on one hand he doesn't believe, but on the other he wants a sign from his Dad, and you BOTH heard the chimes. Hmmm.

I'm wondering what things you have in common with him (since your 'gift' doesn't seem to faze him).....but that's just my nosey-ness (sp?) !

Is he interested in looking at material that backs up paranormal? Or willing?

It must be pretty uncomfortable for you - stuck in the middle, and you never even knew his dad...but it's pretty 'synchronous' that you'd hook up with a skeptic only to become the 'medium' between him and his estranged/disembodied father.

Wow. Not much help from me, I guess, except to ask him if he's even willing to entertain some actual 'investigation'.....

hope someone else can do more to guide you. I, sadly, lack that particular 'gift'. I'd like to hear more of your stories, though, Your Highness!!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

People are receptive to different energies at different times. He may need time to come to terms with the "mental locks" being removed. Some people can just float away if they are not grounded.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Thank you for reading and your response it is very good advice .

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

PrincessOfPhilosophy
My boyfriend does not believe in the paranormal .He takes the easy road by saying he believes in energy .But it is the energy in the living not the dead he says .So I have a few questions ? Im sure he will read this and the responses from those that reply .

Ok here is the story;

We met almost 2 years ago on the internet , We hit it off from the start or at least that was my feeling .We spend weekends at his place on the river .Almost from the moment I arrived I could feel the presence of two spirits . A woman and his dad ,holy # was my first reaction this is great, finally someone I really like , (a lot) And his dead father wants to talk with me wants me to tell him how to relax so he can communicate directly with him. Hell no where my thoughts. Im not letting this get in the way of something that could make me so happy .You would be surprised how many friends I have lost over this gift (not sure what else to call it)So I tried to ignore him , He would not have It , He was the most stubborn, persistent spirit I have ever come across .

So by my third visit I was becoming very frustrated .By this time I also new who the woman was , She had died in this house not just in this house but in the room we where sleeping in .I knew she had died in the corner of the room .She was looking for a key to unlock the door. I knew she is a panic and vomiting

So we started with her .Now in his defense he had said that his family had bought this house because the girl that lived there had overdosed . He did not tell me it was in that house or room and not until I shared with him did he say yes the room was a mess exactly how I described it. Even to where the bed was in the room and the vomit all in the corner of the room and trailed
to the bathroom , and the door was locked ,He was a very good listener and even contributed some things.

So I reluctantly approached the subject of his dad. We discussed many many things the main thing being his dad did not realize how the things he said and did to him made him feel the way they did .I told him his dad had been trying to communicate with him and for him to relax and just open himself up . He wanted a sign from his dad. So that night we where laying in bed . Almost asleep , when there was a very clear wind chime .We both heard it not once but twice .Mind you this was in minutes of him saying he wished his dad would just do something to let him know he was there . He said he had no wind chimes...Said maybe it was a neighbors wind chime and he did feel it was his dad . We heard it two more times that night . Then about twenty minutes later a sigh loud and clear he said this could have been our breathing resonating off the walls . I was so frustrated I could feel his dads frustration .

The next morning we looked every where and could not find anything that could have made the wind chime sound .But he still makes reasons no matter is said to him.

I just wish his dad could communicate with him. its obvious his dad needs to discuss something personal between the two of them , without my involvement. Any help in this or advice would be appreciated

Yes, I would have to agree with nugget on this, when someone is ready, and not one moment before that, they will see what they are meant to see.

Some people are afraid of such things. Or nothing has ever happened to them, that causes them to at the least question.
Not everyone believes in such things, of course. And that's okay too.

No thing, idea or belief can be forced, as you know. I believe that those whom we have loved and those whom have loved us, have always come back to us in many ways. We just don't always recognize it, see it or feel it. But I have no doubt in my mind or my soul that the essence of who we are--our souls, vibrations and energies--is eternal.

In this life, there are a million things between us, our relationships, that are left unsaid and undone. There will always be messages that need to be delivered. But until we are receptive to receiving them, we won't.

It is frustrating, when you are aware of this beautiful reality, but another refuses to believe. It isn't our place to make someone believe. Perhaps, it is only our place to be there with our own awareness for someone.

You say that you wish his dad would communicate with him. If you believe in what you say you do, then you know his dad has already come to him, more than likely many times. It is up to him to understand just how his dad has done so. We can never know how this happens with another and their loved one.

Don't be frustrated, though I know its hard. Just be there.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

This is my fourth day on this site and my third post .You may enjoy them .My first post made the home page that thrilled me . Really had some great responses . And third article and not one flamer I am really impressed with the people on this site !!!!Thank you for your input

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Princess, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and have to say the hairs on my neck stood up a couple of times.

It sounds like your fella may have had a slightly tempestuous relationship with his father? If so, unfortunately that isn't going to help your situation... It's going to take time and a great deal of energy from all three of you but I do believe you'll get there eventually!

I wish you all the best, do let us know how things progress

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I am one of those that think that sometimes things are better left as they are. When hurt is involved, time is a great healer.

Excellent opening post. S&F.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

paradisepurple
Princess, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and have to say the hairs on my neck stood up a couple of times.

It sounds like your fella may have had a slightly tempestuous relationship with his father? If so, unfortunately that isn't going to help your situation... It's going to take time and a great deal of energy from all three of you but I do believe you'll get there eventually!

I wish you all the best, do let us know how things progress

Thank you for reading and sharing your point of view if only the spirits could teach me patience LOL

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Seems to me you're very patient... And count yourself lucky that at least your boyfriend believes in something, even if it's only 'energy'... Mine just believes in football

Your guy isn't a complete sceptic so I have high hopes for you, I really believe that you'll get there eventually. Good luck and keep us posted!

And by the way, a huge welcome to ATS!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by paradisepurple

Thank you for the welcome, Have you read my other two post Would like to know your thoughts on those.,

Bet your glad football seasons almost over

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You wrote that thread about the boy and his mother in the supermarket yesterday.You must be a sensitive.You have to live in like 2 different worlds.If true why don't you ask your bf dead father something that only he and the deceased would know and you couldn't.Then tell your bf something you couldn't possibly known.Unless....

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

We have tried that he just makes excuses Even the wind chime sounds his dad says that the two of them made wind chimes when he was growing up . My boyfriend says oh I must have mentioned that well he had not then I was upset .I have never lied to him not an attention seeker . Have nothing to gain. accept a happy boyfriend. Even the name of his first dog didn't work .

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Haha so weird you should say that about the football season, my fella was listening to it on the car radio today & randomly shouting at it, as men do....I said 'thank god the season ends soon' and almost lost the will to live when he said ''nah there's ages to go yet! It doesn't end until May..!''

Anyway, just read the OP's from your other threads, wow you have some stories to tell... ! You say you don't believe you're special, I have to disagree. I've had some odd experiences but nothing like what's happened to you. It sounds like you've embraced your gift after all these years and I for one am seriously looking forward to your contributions, glad you're here

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You are so sweet . Thank you so much. Look forward to chatting with you more

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I would love to hear about some of your experiences .

top topics

join