It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian Riots - In Photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hey all,

There is some crazy stuff going down in the Ukraine, and i thought that a lot of the photos of the riots there were worth sharing. So without further ado:

www.washingtonpost.com...

rt.com...

rt.com...

www.businessinsider.com.au...

www.theatlantic.com...

I think the above photos capture the riots pretty well. Wouldn't want to be over there though.

Thanks for perusing this thread.

Daas.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

One thing I will always give RT, they take some AMAZING photos... The other ones are just as impressive.

I hope the violence stops soon, we will only see an uprising of extremism and freedom restricting laws come from this...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

iRoyalty

One thing I will always give RT, they take some AMAZING photos... The other ones are just as impressive.

I hope the violence stops soon, we will only see an uprising of extremism and freedom restricting laws come from this...

I agree on everything you stated.

The best thing for Ukraine would be a truce while everything gets sorted out. People are starting to die...

I do feel for the people though. Their government is pretty corrupt, so i don't blame them for rioting. Personally, i wouldn't be rioting over my government's refusal to have closer ties to the EU though...

Thanks for perusing and commenting.

Daas.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

iRoyalty

I thought this was a result of a "freedom-restricting law" being pushed ?

NBC World News - New Anti-Protest Law Triggers Violent Clashes in Ukraine

So actually it looks more like people are freaking out over having their freedom's restricted to begin with?
I am open to being wrong here but how ?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Looks like the Middle Eastern, Arab Spring Riots are spreading, wonder how long before we have them in Europe and the US. The Sheeple are waking up to their corrupt governments!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is why Obama spies on Americans and wants to confiscate all guns. He's afraid of "change".

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Sure but the original mass protests were about Ukraine's refusal to join the EU, to be fair, I don't blame them! I wouldn't want to join the EU right now... I feel that a lot of the propaganda to get the Ukrainians on board with joining was western intervention, I know, something bad, blame it on the west... But the Ukrainians think so too, the US Embassy was surrounded by protesters this week.

The protests only got violent when the government passed new laws to stop the mass protests. These were not long standing laws, or what started it in the first place.

Anyway regardless, they will only get worse with the violence.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

flammadraco
Looks like the Middle Eastern, Arab Spring Riots are spreading, wonder how long before we have them in Europe and the US. The Sheeple are waking up to their corrupt governments!

It will never happen in the US...the closest we shall see came in the form of the Occupy movements. Right when it became a direct threat to The Beast and its swallowing of wealth and, thereby, power, It used its Voice to sway people into arguing with each other. "People can afford tattoos, but not work a slave wage job at the turd factory like me??? Screw them. They don't work hard enough." Only the fringe of the fringe was put on display just like the anti-war movements were turned into a freakshow by the press in the '60's. It was our one chance for this generation...we blew it.
The Beast has won.
Oh well, I heard the turd factory was moving to Mexico...I wonder if Wal-Mart is hiring...
edit on 24-1-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I can see it happening in the UK, Europe and the US, and in my opionin it does need to happen as for to long the elite have ruled the sheeple on this planet. The only problem is what will we be left with, what system of government will take its place? Will it be like mad max if this was to happen in the Western World?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

w8tn4it
This is why Obama spies on Americans and wants to confiscate all guns. He's afraid of "change".

Spying on Americans is a tradition that crosses all political demographics, red, blue, whatever (especially the whatevers...have to watch them since they argue against the Show on the Hill as it is portrayed to them) Obama is not the first nor the last, I am afraid.
As for the gun thing...maybe he's just scared of texting in a movie theater?

Back to the OP...wow!
The one of the priest in the empty space in front of the phalanx of riot police is thought provoking without fire and explosions.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You are correct in a sense. The protests began when the Ukrainian government decided not to join the EU, or at least have much to do with it. The people saw the government's decision as being influenced by Russia, who some obviously have ill feelings towards.

From memory, the protests were slightly violent back then, but all hell has broken loose since these new laws were introduced.

Hopefully things get well over there, and soon!

Daas.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I agree with some others here. I do not think those in the West will see this type of challenge from the people. At least those in some English speaking countries.

I know for a fact that us Australians wouldn't challenge the government in such a manner. I know it is stereotypical, but a lot of Aussies are still stuck on stupid sports and useless crap. Those who are aware are only a minority, and do not have the power to change the system themselves.

I think change is possible in the USA, but i cannot see it happening. We see how the US government and media handled the Occupy protests..

I think Britain has a high chance, if their riot some years ago is anything to go by.

As for Europe in general, i think that is where we will see it. People over there take no #, and know what they want. It is a good thing, as a lot of them try not to be driven into the ground by governments and corporations.

These are my opinions of course, but opinions i have formed from observance nonetheless.

Daas.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

they protest because they want to trade with EU and not Russia. Maybe even join EU some day...
the protests just escalated to riots after the new low restricting protesting freedom.

I don't get it, since when is EU the better choice ??
Sure is Ukraine a new big market for the EU...

riot and fight for becoming the new Greece or what is going on over there ???

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

daaskapital
Hey all,

There is some crazy stuff going down in the Ukraine, and i thought that a lot of the photos of the riots there were worth sharing. So without further ado:

www.washingtonpost.com...

rt.com...

rt.com...

www.businessinsider.com.au...

www.theatlantic.com...

I think the above photos capture the riots pretty well. Wouldn't want to be over there though.

Thanks for perusing this thread.

Daas.

That's OK, these riots will be comming to you soon, no matter where you are. Yes even here in Australia Das.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

These so-called riots are happening on a tiny patch of land, outside of which normal life continues. It's like walking along the street and seeing a set where an apocalyptic movie is being filmed. That's what it probably is, a set. Or a set-up. Whatever you like to call it. But this is not a 'riot' by any reasonable definition.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
We should all see these pictures and understand that there are 3 sides to this conflict.

1. The People
2. The Police.
3. The Banksters

Guess which side is not in any of the pictures.

This is the face of the New World Order........the mega-wealthy and their Thug protection outfit v's the rest.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I just saw on skynews.... looks like the Government has fallen!

People have taken over Government Buildings!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The protest have spread further around Ukraine now..www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
For those interested, here is a link giving a pretty good definition to what they all are fighting about.

It has a lot of history behind the build up of what started it.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I don't see any human being in these pictures, accept maybe that old women, those aren't protesters, those are militants.
Watch this video on RT and tell me these are protesters. Savages at most, you can almost see the rabies.
rt.com...

These policeman have families to, and when u see the kind of violence these protesters use, on has to wonder. These policemen didn't get any orders to retaliate, so they let themselves get butchered. That shows some respect. Not once did they retaliate.

As always you have a few bad apples even in the force, but most of them are just doing their job. These protests are being fueled by banks and players in the West, this is just a stab towards Russia.

edit on thAmerica/Chicago126000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join