It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conflict between Australia and Indonesia imminent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
And people wonder why Australia and the US are increasing forces on the northern parts of Australia.

Not only do we have North Korea being North Korea, we have Indonesia increasing their military strength with F-16's, Apaches and submarines and moving more frigates to their southern waters.

Then we have Australia getting caught spying (as if Indonesia aren't!) and now encroaching Indonesian waters numerous times.

Wondering if there's more to all this than we know.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

They treat Australia arrogantly and like crap ,fed up with Indonesia, and their attitude, like we owe them anything ??? NOT !! plus the foreign aid money our ''Politicians give this corrupt country, beggars belief ,and they dump all their illegal immigrants here

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I have a problem with the way they are treating Australia over an incident which happened 4-5 years ago under a previous government.

They clearly want to harm Australia through alternative means, such as freezing bilateral relations on a number of things.

Now they have the gall to try and halt our policy of turning back the boats, even though it is a problem which is clearly theirs.

Things will get interesting, but i think it is time we stick it to them.

Daas.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
To be fair, I'm Australian. My country is playing agent provocoter. There is an Agenda to bait both indonesia and timor. This is all part of the Pacific Rim plan of the US.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Wow, you guys are surely... unbiased. And capable of objective opinions.

I don't mean to attack you personally, but I take this as a perfect example of being "led by the media".

"THOSE are the bastards!" "Yes, we did spy, but THEY weren't better!" - as if that even mattered.

Yes, you might now attack me that I don't know anything and so on, blablabla. The truth is that you were led to hate some other country.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

America is forcing indonesia to initiate conflict by sheer will? over an incident 4 years old? Not buying this lame blame game...this is simple, take our unwanted people or else, They do not try to keep their people at home, so they do not seem to want them, so force them upon their neighbor whom gives them money? yea, this is america's fault...again.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

I'm being objective.

You'd be an idiot to believe that Indonesia aren't spying on Australia.

And I believe we are testing Indonesia and not really sure we should.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

AlphaHawk

I'm being objective.

all countries spy is OBVIOUS.. who hasn't read SunTzu?

Indonesia is a muslim country..

Honor Rapes.. that is all i care to know. Suicide Bombers.. more than i need to know.

Wipe Muslims from the globe.

gives us something to do, puts people to work..

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Well, non-adults with this opinion (and their star-givers) are one of the worse reasons the world won't come to terms - it's always the other people who are scum and have to be defeated, right?

Nope.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

AlphaHawk

I'm being objective.

Uhm.. ANY country is doing it's spy-job?.. The process of accusation is the preferred way of leading the MSM and the people to one's opinion.
And BTW: are you trying to insult me?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I wonder what the Brits will get from all this. Surely they'll have a deal with you australians, unwanted maybe, forced maybe.
edit on 23-1-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Yep... the US hegemony has found another proxy and theater of war, since it s middle eastern endeavours got called out for the fakes they were.... but heeeey... what s that? Gullible and formable Australians.... niiiiiiice...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

i m really sorry for you, if that s your mindset...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Trueman

I wonder what the Brits will get from all this. Surely they'll have a deal with you australians, unwanted maybe, forced maybe.

Nothing. Why should they assist a former colony who hates them?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Dynamitrios

Yep... the US hegemony has found another proxy and theater of war, since it s middle eastern endeavours got called out for the fakes they were.... but heeeey... what s that? Gullible and formable Australians.... niiiiiiice...

You may have a valid point when the whole "shift to the pacific policy" is considered. What better way to get assets to the area than have one of America's longest allies endangered by LBFM (little brown fighting machines; great jungle fighters IMO).. Just a thought.. Once upon a time the USA was all over Indonesia training and helping their military... That went sour (if I remember right) in the late 70s

Now the U/S is all over everyplace looking for bases and bi-lateral agreements.. It is my understanding Indonesia is a small part of the grand plan... So you have to wonder what if any pressure would be applied if things progressed to a real shooting event?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Rollie

Trueman

Nothing. Why should they assist a former colony who hates them?

Regardless of personal feeling and hubris a conflict between a leading and important Commonwealth nation and the worlds largest Muslim nation supplied with US manufactured weapons would be a matter of grave concern for the UK government. It would be very tricky diplomatically and I would imagine the UKF&CO is keeping a weather eye on the situation.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

edit on 23-1-2014 by Rollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

well, isn t it obvious like a lame joke??? if you manage to "occupy" Indonesia, you re damn close to China s backdoor,... Russia s too, ...you re basically being able to control the south-eastern sea... let alone upcoming nuclear powers such as india... i really do hope they get their ass handed to them...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This current hoo-ha between Australia and Indonesia is little more than a piece of political theatre between two egocentric politicians looking to sure up nationalist support from their respective countries.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

No it wasn't meant as an attack on you, it's just a phrase.

And the MSM hasn't swayed my opinions, I try to avoid their hyperbole as much as possible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join