It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive details on the nuclear bomb about to explode in America...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Melyanna
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Purchasable Oil is the only factor, and it has been declining steadily since 2005.

All oil is purchaseable. You should spend some time around an oil patch. That oil is coming out of the ground and will be sold.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna

They've just found more oil in austrailia than in the whole of the middle east haven't they??

Plus, you know they just invent money on a screen whenever they need it, right??

It's not about economy, it's about maintain control for the 4 companies that own the world...

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I want to just add a link to a article that has some stats about oil production and mentions peak oil ...wattsupwiththat.com... sorry there are no nuclear bombs in the piece but it is a good review to have a look at ....peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I just wanted to put my 2 cents on this. Not that you are wrong about economic turmoil, but your choice of title is horrible.

Obviously I, like many before me, clicked your link. There is no damned Nuclear Bomb.

Perhaps if you stated economic disaster or something similar, not Nuclear Bomb to explode in US.

In short, you turned me off real fast and for that no S+F.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

First off, thanks for your great response.

Although there is no standard definition of a family, if we assume 5 people per acre, which is easy to do,

7,000,000,000 billion people

divided by 5

1,400,000,000 family groups

divided by 247 acres per square kilometer

= 5,668,016 square kilometers required

divided by the area of texas: 696,241

= 8

I stand corrected. It would take 8 states the size of texas.

Surely you can see that we still do not have a population problem?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

No, they haven't found more oil in Australia. They printed a bunch of faily tales about solid rock that contains a waxy substance called kerogen that cannot be economically produced at any price of oil because it takes more energy to produce than it contains. The bit of oil that can be fracked from australia similarly cannot be produced economically, as proven by the fact than none of the fracking companies in america are cash positive.

You can only produce money on demand for so long. At some point it is worth more as toilet paper, and those who produce oil won't take it. More fairy tales.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

Not sure how that changes the fact that the amount of oil available for purchase has declined steadily since 2005. That is all that matters.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Keep swinging kiddo, and tuck yer chin down.......
If the title is off putting to some too bad.
The message is loud and clear.......................there are none as blind as those who WILL NOT see...........................................peace out

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Melyanna
reply to post by ukslave

With respect, no. If you can't make the connection, then move along, nothing to see here....

I was enjoying reading your post, a few good points made, though it has more holes in it than one of my grans pasta drainers. Who exactly are these shadowy government people orchestrating all this? I think your giving them (whoever they are) far too much credit, sorry but they are just not that smart!

Not sure about your assertion that the world's population could fit into Texas and have that much spare land available...do you have a source for that? Can't be right..

Our dependence on oil is not was it was, so i doubt even if reserves do run low there will be no atomic bomb of a crisis. Our dependence on oil was mostly driven by our love of cars, but electric and hybrid cars are getting more and more common, as are nuclear and renewable energies which kinda makes your points rather mute.

Btw, your attitude to some of the above posters replies really stinks!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

doorhandle

Melyanna
reply to post by ukslave

With respect, no. If you can't make the connection, then move along, nothing to see here....

I was enjoying reading your post, a few good points made, though it has more holes in it than one of my grans pasta drainers. Who exactly are these shadowy government people orchestrating all this? I think your giving them (whoever they are) far too much credit, sorry but they are just not that smart!

Not sure about your assertion that the world's population could fit into Texas and have that much spare land available...do you have a source for that? Can't be right..

Our dependence on oil is not was it was, so i doubt even if reserves do run low there will be no atomic bomb of a crisis. Our dependence on oil was mostly driven by our love of cars, but electric and hybrid cars are getting more and more common, as are nuclear and renewable energies which kinda makes your points rather mute.

Btw, your attitude to some of the above posters replies really stinks!

Edit: just noticed your math above regards how people would fit into texas, 5 states sounds more like it.i.ll give you that one.

Oil availability is in decline yes, but methods to extract and find more are increasing, Japan alone has a rich supply untapped just if its shores, and demand for other sources of energy are increasing.

edit on 2020142014Mon, 20 Jan 2014 12:10:46 -060012pm120MondayAmerica/Chicago by doorhandle because: (no reason given)

edit on 2020142014Mon, 20 Jan 2014 12:14:05 -060012pm120MondayAmerica/Chicago by doorhandle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by doorhandle

About the 'your funeral' stuff, I just don't know how else to react. The responses given reflect a complete lack of understanding of the basic issues, and I simply don't have time to engage in a discussion with someone who hasn't the learning to engage in a discussion.

That isn't a criticism. No cosmic law says anyone has to study such stuff.

How would you suggest ending a discussion more pleasantly?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Melyanna

About the 'your funeral' stuff, I just don't know how else to react. The responses given reflect a complete lack of understanding of the basic issues, and I simply don't have time to engage in a discussion with someone who hasn't the learning to engage in a discussion.

That isn't a criticism. No cosmic law says anyone has to study such stuff.

How would you suggest ending a discussion more pleasantly?

Well not wanting to derail your thread as this is a bit off topic, your thread has some good points btw, but you don't need to be quite so agressive to people who disagree, threads then tend to spiral into insults rather than actively discussujg your points.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Melyanna
reply to post by Shiloh7

Not one fracking company has produced a positive cash flow, and the production is already starting to peak.

Here are the numbers for the increase from September to October for the last four years.

2010 3.1%
2011 8.5%
2012 9.2%
2013 3.0%

Most of the production increase for the entire year comes in October. Notice anything? Fracking is the best new technology they have deployed.

Fracking wells Cost more than 10 x ordinary wells, and produce less thatn 1/10th of the total production. that means it is 1/100th as good as a regular well.

I would absolutely love to see your sources for these facts. Fracking has been used for over 50 years, it is fairly recently come to be a widespread practice. The reason it has is b/c the technology to horizontal drill at depth has become so efficient and accurate. IMO (having oilfield experience) these companies don't waste money...if fracking didn't profit, I would be very surprised if they were persisting with a failed technology.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Melyanna

Are you posting on ATS to teach what you know to others for their benefit or are you posting to preach a sermon from your lofty podium?
If the topic is so important to you that you post in on a public BBS, shouldn't you have the time and patience to share your knowledge in order to educate others?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Melyanna
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

Not sure how that changes the fact that the amount of oil available for purchase has declined steadily since 2005. That is all that matters.

i went looking for sources to counter this claim.
imagine my delight to find this article dated Aug 2013, in a journal that is known to be very liberal and left leaning. now they do say that production dropped, but then they turn around and say that it increased by 3%. granted not a giant number, but it does show that your wrong.

here is a chart for just 5 U.S. States and Regions.

Due to controversial techniques pioneered in the natural gas industry and high oil prices providing incentives for oil companies, more oil is being extracted from previously unviable fields. Estimates of US proven reserves have risen as a result:

In 2011, oil and gas exploration and production companies operating in the United States added almost 3.8 billion barrels of crude oil and lease condensate proved reserves, an increase of 15 percent." (EIA)

you do know who EIA is don't you, the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

and from the same article from the International Energy Agency says,

US production had fallen from 10 million barrels a day in the 1980s to 6.9 million barrels per day in 2008, even as consumption increased from 15.7 million barrels per day in 1985 to 19.5 million barrels per day in 2008. The IEA estimates that production could reach 11.1 million barrels per day by 2020, almost entirely because of increases in the production of shale oil, which is extracted using the same horizontal drilling and fracking techniques that have flooded the US with cheap natural gas.

which you can bet the same techniques and technology will be and are being used in other places in the world.

here is where even the the ones who poo poo on oil have said the there is a increase in production, although small it is a increase,

But others like journalist Chris Nelder argue that we've increased spending on oil production by tremendous amounts only to see global oil production edge up a bit. Older, cheaper oil fields are declining, and their oil is being replaced by crude from far more expensive sources. Nelder made his numerical case to the Washington Post like this:

In 2005, we reached 73 million barrels per day. Then, to increase production beyond that, the world had to double spending on oil production. In 2012, we're now spending $600 billion. The price of oil has tripled. And yet, for all that additional expenditure, we've only raised production 3 percent to 75 million barrels per day [since 2005].

the Mother Jones Article,
What's in Crude Oil and How Do We Use It?

i'm not saying that there will never be a end to oil, it is a finite source of energy. i'm saying that by the time it is about to run out renewable energy will be very well established and fossil fuels will be a back up.

ETA: thought i would add this, it is a advertisment for crude oil sales from Nigeria. one of the least productive oil producers in the world.

page.CRUDE OIL FOR SALE

minimum order 1,000,000 to as much as 10,000, 000 from a country that is ranked 13th in production, and only produces 2.4 million barrels a day.

edit on 20-1-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

No we will not. Evidently you were educated in a liberal and BLIND school. Oil comes from dead dinosaurs huh? Funny how methane can be found on titan isn't it?

Make any connections there kid?

edit on 20-1-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

The source for the fracking numbers comes from the EIA's:

www.eia.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">US Field Production of Crude Oil Page

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and study the numbers for the last four years. Most of the years increase comes from September to October each year, and exactly as predicted by anyone who looks at fracking objectively, the annual increase has already started to level off.

Info on the unprofitablility of it comes from many sources:

www.ft.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Shell regrets huge bet on US Shale - isn't profitable

petroleumtruthreport.blogspot.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Shale Plays Not Working for Big Oil

Gotta run, more sources later

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Since no one can agree on this topic we can all agree the U.S. holds the world hostage on.......SALT

www.environmentalgraffiti.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Read this and you may have to adjust your theory.

Oil Glut Threatens US Shale Revolution
oilprice.com...
edit on 20-1-2014 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

And this,
‘Peak demand’ oil theory fails scrutiny test
www.ft.com...

Back to the drawing board for you....
edit on 20-1-2014 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join