It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radar and Space Surveillance and Unknowns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There are many entities who are involved in surveillance of US airspace and space itself. Ranging from Air Force Space Command, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command, Army Space and Missile Defense Command, NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command) and the now US Strategic Command.

Their precise capabilities are not known beyond their official statements. There are many definitions and terms used for unknown quantities, including Uncorrelated Targets, Unknown Tracks, Fast Walkers, Slow Walkers, UFOs (a term that is not often used in official circles) Unidentified Aerial Phenomena, Unknown Events and other classified terms.

Events that occur within the atmosphere are referred to as “air breathing” events and this is under the preview of NORAD. Any unknown event detected by NORAD is classified “SECRET”. UTR (Unknown Track Reports), do equate to UFOs, it is just a term they do not use. I have only ever seen one declassified UTR one side was censored completely.

The National Reconnaissance Office also has involvement in space surveillance but all of its operational activities are classified Top Secret. So all this surveillance and what have they admitted to concerning the UFO, well you guessed it, nothing forth coming.

edit on 19-1-2014 by Frankinpillow because: spelling problem.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankinpillow

Yes, quite.

The NRO do have some interesting PDF's you can download from their site, including the 'SAMOS to the Moon' files and the 'CORONA project'- interesting as a historical document, but I doubt there is much 'meat' in them.

I believe 'uncorrelated target' to be a term used by NATO operators, and you are right, the term UFO is hardly ever used outside civilian circles.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Well the cynic in me says this is because there is nothing to be discovered, but that does not hold water with the sheer volume of sightings that cannot be explained away as natural or man made, which simply leaves UFO's, whatever they may actually be. We simply don't know.

WRT to the likes of Roswell, Denver Airport Complex, SETI or anything else, until such time as I am presented with irrefutable proof, the case remains unproven.

Many of the technologies used to peer up and out or down in relation to Earth are ATS for a variety of reasons which include Commercial Confidentiality and Security. Just because our taxes pay for these technologies does not give us the right to know what is going on, no matter what we may think. If there is anything out there we will be the last to find out, that's life!

As we evidently know more about the surface of the moon than we do about the deep depths of the ocean, perhaps we are wasting time looking out rather than looking in?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
In a great read I am currently wrapped up in primarily about abductions it was mentioned that there is a mention that some agency has satellites probably for tracking purposes lined up all the way out to the outer planets in our solar system, so keep track of possible et's entering our system. This seriously wouldn't surprise me one bit, as there is so much we do not know about what really goes on with all these agencies and programs.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Shuftystick

Well the cynic in me says... Many of the technologies used to peer up and out or down in relation to Earth are ATS for a variety of reasons which include Commercial Confidentiality and Security. Just because our taxes pay for these technologies does not give us the right to know what is going on, If there is anything out there we will be the last to find out, that's life!

Hogwash! Commercial Confidentiality and Security. Sounds oh so privileged and bourgeois-zy. Whose security? the corporate elite? Yes we do have rights to know, and history has proven corruption an coverups usually fall hard. You sound like the dis info guy saying move along now nothing to see here with the thats life comment.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Shuftystick

Just because our taxes pay for these technologies does not give us the right to know what is going on, no matter what we may think. If there is anything out there we will be the last to find out, that's life!

That's the opposite from what it should be...Because our taxes pay for this technology; it is we who should be approving it.

Here is a possible technology...all the science and technology exists today...

If this existed, wouldn't you like to know about it? Don't you think you have the right to know, after all, t would be paid for with your money.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"Joe Stefula, formerly a special agent with the army's Criminal Investigation Command, has made public what purports to be a diagram of an infrared event detected by a DSP satellite on May 5, 1984. "I haven't been able to determine that the document's absolutely authentic," says Stefula, "but I have been able to confirm that the DSP printout for that date shows an event at the same time with the same characteristics."

According to Stefula's alleged source, now said to be retired from the military, the official code name for unidentified objects exhibiting ballistic missile characteristics is "Fast Walker." "But what makes this particular Fast Walker so peculiar," says Stefula, "is that it came in from outer space on a curved trajectory, passing within three kilometers of the satellite platform, and then disappeared back into space. Whatever it was, it was tracked for nine minutes."

The May, 1984 event allegedly generated a 300-page internal report, in which only portions are classified, though none of it has been released. "I don't think they would do a 300-page report on everything they detect," says Stefula, whose efforts to obtain the report have so far been unsuccessful, "so there must have been something significant about this that led them to look into it. My source told me that they basically looked at every possibility and couldn't explain it by natural or man-made means." According to the unnamed source, "Fast Walkers" are detected, on the average, "two to three times a month.""

ufodigest.com...

I know regulations concerning Fastwalkers are classified so I assume the detection of them would also be classified.

new topics

top topics

join