It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great New Discoveries in Mocollope Archaeological Site (Peru)

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It's just beautiful, I'm so happy to share this with you my friends. Murals with battle scenes , pottery, remains of a slaughtered prisoner.

According to the sources, all that was presented yesterday in site by archaeologist Regulo Franco Jordan , director of the El Brujo Archaeological Complex and advisor Archaeological Project Mocollope.

Clearly that is just the kick off and they already made great discoveries. This site will give us more surprises.

Archaeologists have reportedly discovered human remains as well as metal and ceramic artifacts in a dig at the Mocollope archaeological complex in the district of Chocope in the region of La Libertad, in northern Peru.

But that information didn’t come directly from the archaeologists working on the dig. Archaeologist Régulo Franco told La República only that “We are exploring the progress on the investigation and the conservation work. At this time, I can’t give any more information.” According to La República, Franco says that investigators are dealing with artifacts from the Moche civilization, from approximately 200 AD – 800 AD.

But Carlos Alza Moncada, the mayor of Chocope, told press that archaeologists have discovered human skeletal remains, fragmented ceramic artifacts, and a metal mask. Alza also condemned the “huaqueros,” thieves that rob archaeological sites for pieces to sell on the antiquities black market.

Shortly before the dig at Mocollope began, archaeologist Franco theorized that the complex may contain the tomb of an important Moche figure. Franco is famous in the archaeological world for his 2006 discovery of the tomb of the Lady of Cao.

El Comercio reported in September that the dig at Mocollope represents a total investment of S/. 270,000. Jorge Quijano Roja is the head archaeologist working on the excavation.

TAGS: archaeology, regulo franco, jorge quijano roja, carlos alza moncada, mocollope, La Libertad, history, chocope, Moche culture, moche, lady of cao, dama de cao

elcomercio.pe...
www.peruthisweek.com...
www.larepublica.pe...
edit on 19-1-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Nice to see there were people sewing patches on the holes on the knees of the pants. You don't see our army doing that anymore, they just buy a new uniform.

I wonder what the triangle under the chin represents and why the triangles are on the box shape thing in his hand. It must represent something they were carrying, maybe a container for extra spear heads or something. It just might be an ammo box

S&F, good find.
edit on 19-1-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

rickymouse
Nice to see there were people sewing patches on the holes on the knees of the pants. You don't see our army doing that anymore, they just buy a new uniform.

I wonder what the triangle under the chin represents and why the triangles are on the box shape thing in his hand. It must represent something they were carrying, maybe a container for extra spear heads or something. It just might be an ammo box

S&F, good find.

This might help you :

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Nice thread, thanks for sharing. I love the chin armor!
No such thing as a "close shave" in them days!
I must add, th first picture is enhanced, bigtime! Thats detrimental.

S n' F

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Pretty interesting stuff. I'm curious as to what that block in the right hand is supposed to be, though?

And what's with the guy in the second photo? I've never seen anyone so depressed about finding ancient artifacts.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Trueman

rickymouse

S&F, good find.

This might help you :

I think that guy belongs in the constipation thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

kx12x
reply to post by Trueman

Pretty interesting stuff. I'm curious as to what that block in the right hand is supposed to be, though?

And what's with the guy in the second photo? I've never seen anyone so depressed about finding ancient artifacts.

Yeah I was just admiring the same.

Kings Chamber - Pyramid of Giza

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well, that settles that, then.

It's been proven to be a depiction of the King's Chamber in the Great Pyramid.

Onward to solving more mysteries!

Harte

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Triangle under his chin is obviously his bandana!

OP, S&F...I love when modern man, comes face to face with remnants of his ancestors, and is amazed at how little we know about them.

Des

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Tortilla chips...in case they wanted a snack?

That statue in the photo you posted OP looks to be fantastic craftsmanship, wonder why he has a headdress and a golden copy of the UFO's Kenneth Arnold says he saw flying over Mt. Rainier?

edit on 19-1-2014 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

kx12x
reply to post by Trueman

He has a shield on the right hand.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
are you sure that isn't a baseball bat and a square catchers mitt the guy has in the picture? Maybe what appears to be a spear head is just a decoration. This may be the worlds first picture of a baseball player.

It's surprising what a person can dream up when they are waiting for a homemade wild blueberry pie to get out of the oven. I can even see a piece of pie in the triangles.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

This picture looks brand new and not over 2000 years old.The colours are too fresh and fully saturated,and perfectly straight lines when it's supposed to be hand drawn?
edit on 19-1-2014 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

It's because it is
check the link and you will see the original. Here are the two pics side by side

edit on 19-1-2014 by lambchop because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2014 by lambchop because: add picture

edit on 19-1-2014 by lambchop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ooooooppppppsssss sorry,saw it's not in English and couldn't be bothered with the translator so didn't look at the pictures either.

top topics

join