It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. troops may return to Middle East to train Iraqis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't think that "we" fully pulled out of Iraq as thought by the majority of the population, I can't comment much but I will show this much and let you guys find the rest

SOURCE

United Nations Security Council resolution 1546, adopted unanimously on 8 June 2004, after reaffirming previous resolutions on Iraq, the Council endorsed the formation of the Iraqi Interim Government, welcomed the end of the occupation and determined the status of the multinational force and its relationship with the Iraqi government.[1]
The resolution was co-sponsored by the United Kingdom and United States.[2]

Permanent members of this council are:
China, France, Russia, UK, and the USA

now check this out;

The NATO Training Mission-Iraq (NTM-I) was established in 2004 at the request of the Iraqi Interim Government under the provisions of UN Security Council Resolution 1546. The aim of NTM-I was to assist in the development of Iraqi security forces training structures and institutions so that Iraq could build an effective and sustainable capability that addressed the needs of the nation. NTM-I was not a combat mission but was a distinct mission, under the political control of NATO's North Atlantic Council. Its operational emphasis was on training and mentoring. The activities of the mission were coordinated with Iraqi authorities and the US-led Deputy Commanding General Advising and Training (DCG (A&T)), who was also dual-hatted as the Commander of NTM-I. The mission came to an end in December 2011.[1]

SOURCE

If you follow this link and scroll down who doesn't have an official withdrawn date??

Also want to point out that around the NEC (New Embassy Compound) Why is it that there has been built all kinds of training ranges and other facilities that support not only the "contractors" mission but also state department and Iraqi forces, also I want to point out that there has been massive funding in the past for the specific purposes of training and political resolve in the region. As far as small arms, the monument of "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier" actually doubles as an armory for the old Republican Guard and that is one of many that are located throughout central Baghdad, I have a hard time believing there is a high demand for small arms or vehicles, there are fields miles wide with nothing but vehicles we just left there.

If you think that we are still not in the area then I think that your mistaken

With U.S. troops out of Iraq, the U.S. presence there will fall to 5,000 private security contractors charged by the State Department to guard American diplomatic installations and convoys, provide emergency medical evacuation and rescue U.S. diplomatic personnel if they fall under attack, among other tasks. Are security contractors up to the job?

Published in 2012 hmmm
edit on 19-1-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Big friggin suprise here eh? Gots to keep the military-industrial- complex in business.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

HUMBLEONE
Big friggin suprise here eh? Gots to keep the military-industrial- complex in business.

Oh, Defo...the machine must a keep on rollin.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

Man, this presses my stupid button

I spent a year over there trying to train those guys. It's a different world and they see defense far differently. The US Military has spent years training them. What will be achieved from more of the same? Other than lucrative contracts for support of the mission?

I could go on but I will hold my tongue. Leave Iraq to Iraqi's. They know their culture and their people. They know what they need and how to make it happen. That end state is not something I want to be associated with.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join