It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2014 Garden Thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

I re read my post about the fungus and I wasn't too clear. The white fungus is on some of my pepper plants. I've been watering my punkies and zukes at the bottom so the leaves are fine. we do get some fog at night being on the coast but the only problem with fungus (or whatever it is) has been with the peppers, and then only on some of them. Also on some of my peppers there seems to be a rotten spot. I don't know if it's over watering or getting sun burnt.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: missvicky
I dont know much about peppers.

Ripe rot occurs on ripening fruit that is kept in warm, humid conditions. Harvest peppers prior to use and store any unused peppers in a cool area away from direct light.
Blossom end rot is due to calcium deficiency and sporadic watering.
Sunscald is a result of too much exposure to direct sunlight. The fruit may become light colored and feel dry and papery.
One of the more common bacterial infections that affect peppers is bacterial leaf spot. With bacterial leaf spots, pepper leaves exhibit small yellowish spots. These may become brown or enlarge, leading to leaf drop.
source

Look half way down this page at Bacterial & Fungal Diseases for full list.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
a reply to: tovenar

If it is slugs then you can stop them getting to the plants by putting crushed up egg shells in a ring around them, the slugs dont like sliding over them, or if it isnt going to rain and you can keep the water off it, some people use bran or something else that sucks the moisture out of them as they slide. I prefer snail and slug pellets myself, they can be a bit expensive but they give you long term control, most of them have a bittering agent that deters your pets from eating them.

If there is not much rain, you can also use diatomaceous earth (de) for slugs and just about every other insects. It is broken up fossilized diatoms that cuts open slugs, ants, fleas, roaches and many other insects. You can even eat the food grade variety, its completely safe for garden use.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
built it underwater :3

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Great event happening near me next weekend, that I just found out about. From what I hear, can get small trees to plant for $5 to $15. Looks like I'll get an earlier start than I planned on those fruit trees! Woo hoo!

Looking forward to never having to buy apples for the horses, and to having fresh-squeezed homemade OJ, etc.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
good

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join