It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Lockdown: Illegal Fed Checkpoints, blatant K9 False-Alarming & 0% DUI Arrests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

In recent months, numerous civilians nationwide have been experiencing this blatant violation of their civil rights. A mere fraction of them are bothering to document this as it really catches us by surprise as its not anywhere near borders, not even county borders, that police and feds are now unleashing federal checkpoints under the guise of DUI checks.

What can we do about this, if anything? I mean, besides just stop funding the whole corrupt system thru taxpaying, and expatriating?

Just so you know what they put people thru, that haven't really alerted, except the dog is trained to be rewarded to alert, therefore alerts most everytime.

What in the world happened to so-called Americans?! Notice they lie straight to your face, professionally, suggest you have weapons, then even while they are feeling you up, suggest you have pepper spray.. since when does money feel like pepper spray? Must go along with the military dumbing, I mean, so-called 'training'.

Plus, now people routinely get arrested for DUI 0.00% alcohol -- they call it a negative positive because they wanted you to fail the test, even if you're not a drinker, its up to the machine OR the police mood at the moment!

Is this what's left of US, already? Whoevers left, being dumbed, I mean trained, for all-out Martial Law.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

K-9 false hits are one of the OLDEST cop scams.

When the dog gets a "good boy, good boy" extra 'love' for a positive hit.

How long before the dog does it just for the affection? especially when the other side of the coin is feelings that the handler is displeased with NOT hitting on a car/person.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I was arrested 10 years ago for DUI, I had not had much to drink, and when asked was truthfull to the officer about the amount. It had been a couple hours since my last beer, and I felt fine. I was stopped for speeding, in a poorly marked rural road, going 50 in a 35. Basicly a speed trap.

The second I admitted to having beers earlier, I was told to step out of the car, and given the field test, finger to nose, walk the line, follow the flashlight etc, he the field tested me with a meeter. Then arrested me, man, that sucked. When we got to the hwy patrol post, I agreed to blow. Cause I felt perfectly sober.

I blew a .074. The limit at the time was .1. Needless to say I thought I was good to go. Nope he still charged me. I had to get a lawyer for 750 bux and it got thrown out of court.

I learned then that you can be charged with dui regardless of how little alcohol is in your system, since it is up to the officers disgression to decide if you are under the influence. He gets an arrest in his credit, you get screwed. He has no repercussions of making a false allegation. The law is on his side.

Moral of the story, the "legal limit" is bull.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
One of those checkpoint things looks like it's along I10 and they have been there for a LONG LONG time, i mean at least the last 15 or so years IIRC.. They have to be, they check cars for things other than drugs and drinking, they're looking for PEOPLE smuggled in the cars... it's about 2 miles form the border and EVERY VEHICLE including state ones get searched there, including government ones.. it started long before 9/11 and long before the "war on Terror and even long before "DHs" which reminds me one of those videos is pretty old as they have the pre Dept of Homeland Security uniforms on.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Five words: "am I free to go?" If they say no, its illegal detention.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Dear captaintyinknots,

In an ideal world, or perhaps in some countries, that "five word" test would be the way to go. Unfortunately, the US doesn't work that way. Our courts have declared that each situation has to be judged on the circumstances, and in some cases, actions which I would have bet were arrests were declared to be investigative detentions.

www.legalupdateonline.com...

You should probably reconsider your comment.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

charles1952
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Dear captaintyinknots,

In an ideal world, or perhaps in some countries, that "five word" test would be the way to go. Unfortunately, the US doesn't work that way. Our courts have declared that each situation has to be judged on the circumstances, and in some cases, actions which I would have bet were arrests were declared to be investigative detentions.

www.legalupdateonline.com...

You should probably reconsider your comment.

With respect,
Charles1952
nope. I've witnessed it first hand. Checkpoints are not investigations. They are just that...."check" points.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

I took my daughter to California for her grad present last fall. We were staying in Palm Springs for a few days and took a trip down to check out the Salton Sea area. Anyhow, we got all turned around and ultimately lost leaving the area. All of a sudden, on a dark two lane highway we saw this structure, lights, barrels, and signs stating "US Border Patrol Stop"! We decided to turn around but HAD to stop at the check point once we did as it was set up coming from the south (I think).

I just acted COMPLETELY stupid, told them I was from the Mid West, used my flirty girl powers, and we were free to go. They ended up answering a few questions for me, lol, and never asked me for an ID, never checked out the car, etc...

My experience was a good one, so to speak, but I honestly was terrified and shocked to see such a thing. There were five or six military looking dudes, dogs, etc. It was crazy. People from that area probably know what where I am talking about. I honestly was lost, had no cell reception, so I have no idea where it actually was.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I have not run into checkpoints except in Arizona and Texas. One checkpoint our friend ran into was about 60 miles from the border in Texas. We were a little taken aback because they stopped us. It reminded me of the Nazi checkpoints I use to read about. With the uniformed guard and german shepherd dogs. It was eerie.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I just drove across the entire country and never saw a single checkpoint or road-block.

I prefer riding a bicycle whenever possible because they do not retain any kind of interest in it or me which is easily exploitable by any of the virtual "sea of codes and contract law" they are there to stick onto your greasy forehead.

It isn't hard at all to slide through anyway, all one must do is pay attention and exercise some common sense. Check your lights, don't drink alcohol at all regardless of the so called "legal limit", slow down if you are not sure of the speed limit until you see a sign posting it, etcetera.....

In a nut shell, don't be in a hurry, and if you can't avoid being in a hurry, stay the hell home and don't put others in danger because you can't manage your time any better than a middle-school kid.

And from my personal observation over many years, many people resemble the previous paragraph / sentence/ line/ whatever....

There is a reason you are no longer teaching this in your public schools, it does not serve the interests of the state for you to have an inkling they are completely full to the brim with horse-crap.

And they are really, really, really full of it, and themselves.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

You do not have to be under arrest for them to use what you say against you. I have come to realize that the law regarding a minimum of two witnesses to convict or try can use you as a witness against yourself in this type situation.

It is best to be quiet, regardless of the situation you may find yourself in, and quiet means no stupid bumper or window stickers too.

I ride a bicycle a lot and am frequently amused by the "Stupid Message Parade" of bumper and window stickers I see out there. I really don't care where you do your banking, it just proves you don't know any better than to advertise for them free of charge. So you don't like fords and have a pictogram of a guy peeing on a chevy logo, brand loyalty is for retards anyway, it's all basically overpriced junk the day you buy it......

I'm gonna stop drifting away from the topic now.

new topics

top topics

join