It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light field camera will change the future of photography

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Light field camera will change the future of photography I think "Shoot first, focus after".Imagine you take multiple random pictures and never worry about blurry unsharp pictures anymore.This has so much new potential and Ill bet they gonna use this for video applications too.

Great for Ufology ...

The Lytro camera lets you create and share living pictures that you and your friends can endlessly refocus after you take them.

Gallery

Lytro

edit on 0b27America/ChicagoSun, 12 Jan 2014 07:49:27 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 12 Jan 2014 07:49:27 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I didnt were to put it So mod if it's in the wrong section then i will notice the change..

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Amazing, a game changer.

I would like to see a more professional product design, but the technology behind it is definitely going to revolutionize photography. Especially in my field where I have to adapt a lot to my clients wishes, being able to change the focus on the go without using software that might cause artifacts is a god sent gift.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

I would rather think that most professional photographers are going to loose many clients if these camera's going to be cheaper in time . Because talent is something of the past for using this kind of technology? So are u really glad that this is going to change the market?
edit on 0b15America/ChicagoSun, 12 Jan 2014 08:08:15 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 12 Jan 2014 08:08:15 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Very good find. And if this does work with video and other fast-action film as well it could revolutionize the film industry in terms of time and trouble.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

0bserver1

I would rather think that most professional photographers are going to loose many clients if these camera's going to be cheaper in time . Because talent is something of the past for using this kind of technology? So are u really glad that this is going to change the market?
edit on 0b15America/ChicagoSun, 12 Jan 2014 08:08:15 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 12 Jan 2014 08:08:15 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

Technology cannot make up for the lack of talent. It is really not important though how a piece of art was created, aslong as it resonates with those who perceive it. It is a good thing that people have more opportunities to express themselves, that is what art is about essentially, but then again, a hobbyist can't compete with a professional photographer who has a trained eye.

edit on January2014201412-0600fCST09America/Chicago9 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

0bserver1
I would rather think that most professional photographers are going to loose many clients if these camera's going to be cheaper in time . Because talent is something of the past for using this kind of technology?

The same was said and feared with the arrival of digital photography. Photographers evolved with the new technology.
Talent will still be about creating the right picture, composition, feeling ... no matter the technique being used.

Edit: as Clairaudience states.
edit on 12/1/14 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I love the gallery.
We will see how it pans out.
Since this is ATS..I'm chuckling a bit. This may help weed out some of those blurry photos of UFO's. " look. Is that a UFO over the white house?...nooope! That's a bird sir/mam."

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
That is so cool! Thanks for sharing this.

I wish I could get one - if for no other reason than to be able to say "enhance" and actually achieve the unrealistic photo enhancements they've been showing in movies for years.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I really want one! Any idea how much they cost?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

They are a bargain-$499
Cheaper than a decent DSLR...
store.lytro.com...

Could be worth waiting for the next gen to get any bugs worked out.
But great for post processing images.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Bigburgh
I love the gallery.
We will see how it pans out.
Since this is ATS..I'm chuckling a bit. This may help weed out some of those blurry photos of UFO's. " look. Is that a UFO over the white house?...nooope! That's a bird sir/mam."

Partly. The other thing that is needed is sensor of a few hundred meg resolution so we can have digital zooming equivelent to 210mm telephoto lens. That way we can enlarge the 10 pixel wide UFO to a 100 pixel wide bird with feathers, wing tips and a fish in its beak !

One wonders what happens when you take two photos like this and thus have a 3D image from camera to object. Oh look the "UFO" is six inches wide and several hundred feet in front of the white house.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
double post
edit on 0b24America/ChicagoSun, 12 Jan 2014 10:14:24 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 12 Jan 2014 10:14:24 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

0bserver1

Maybe you're right about that, I don't really know ,But SLR camera's could much cheaper after this..? Anyway I want one ... Soon .
I also think one day we will have sort like angle point of reference shots? like taking a photograph and you can point out from what angle you want to see the picture?

Aleister
reply to post by 0bserver1

Very good find. And if this does work with video and other fast-action film as well it could revolutionize the film industry in terms of time and trouble.

That would be awesome A whole new dimension of opportunities within homevideo..

VegHead
That is so cool! Thanks for sharing this.

I wish I could get one - if for no other reason than to be able to say "enhance" and actually achieve the unrealistic photo enhancements they've been showing in movies for years.

NP pass it on...

Movhisattva

0bserver1
I would rather think that most professional photographers are going to loose many clients if these camera's going to be cheaper in time . Because talent is something of the past for using this kind of technology?

The same was said and feared with the arrival of digital photography. Photographers evolved with the new technology.
Talent will still be about creating the right picture, composition, feeling ... no matter the technique being used.

Edit: as Clairaudience states.
edit on 12/1/14 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

True when the first digital camera's came we feared the same..

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

0bserver1
Gallery

Lytro
I find it hard to believe what they say:

When friends check out the living pictures you’ve shared, they get to explore them the same way you do. They can refocus again and again just by clicking or tapping, shift the perspective, and post their comments. It doesn’t matter whether they’re using a computer, a tablet, or a smartphone.
I can't see their gallery with a tablet, yet they say on their website that "it doesn’t matter whether they’re using a computer, a tablet, or a smartphone".

liars.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The words gimmick and fad come to mind here. Future shop has had these out for a while now and if they were that good I think I'd be seeing way more of them on the street. So no...I don't this product as any kind of game changer or even a threat to the DSLR.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I rather enjoyed the Gallery examples, but, while the Gallery demonstrates an interactive focusing effect all along the depth of field, I don't see this new technology as doing anything for motion blur.

Lens Blur and DoF blur may now just be an interactive component.

These cameras, and/or this technology added to cameras might help people who have horrible focus in that respect, but, they won't do away with horrible photography.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Playing around with the gallery (like moving the perspective within the photograph) is simply amazing. It also reminds me of Deckard's computer in "Blade Runner" when looking for clues in a photograph. I never thought that part of the movie would ever become reality, but here we are.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Well noted , I remember that scene from blade runner .That's why I also think somehow angle tilt from curtain point of view will be possible in the future, combined with 3d surrounding computer calculations to build simulated pictures that cant be seen within the picture..?
edit on 0b20America/ChicagoSun, 12 Jan 2014 15:19:20 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 12 Jan 2014 15:19:20 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

0bserver1

You haven't been paying attention.
That already happened...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join