It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart recalls donkey meat tainted with fox meat from stores in China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Reuters is reporting that Wal-Mart customers there are outraged to learn that their donkey meat was recently found to contain "the DNA of other animals," including fox.

Wal-Mart issued an apology and has announced that customers who purchased "Five Spice" donkey meat will be reimbursed.

Wal-Mart recalls donkey meat tainted with fox meat from stores in China

How closely is fox related to...... dog? Where do they get the fox meat these days, is it still hunted, or by now fox are on their way to being domesticated? Albeit, for their flesh.. as opposed to... fiendship!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

I stopped buying meat at Wal-Mart a LONG time ago.

You want good meat- go to a real grocery store.

This is pretty sick, more reasons not to buy meat at Wal-Mart.

(And yes I know this is in China) - but you should still not buy meat from that place- ever.

Edit- to add
edit on 11-1-2014 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Well that's good; wouldn't want any fox in my donkey.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

RIght...? I was just there, didn't see alot of signs for donkey or fox meat. Def not a sign for donkey-fox meat o.0

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
People buy donkey meat and they are complaining about fox being in there? Am I reading this right?

Sounds like a kebab here in the uk. Anyone that's eaten 1 will know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

eNumbra
Well that's good; wouldn't want any fox in my donkey.

Heh.

What next Monkey turd on a skewer smothered in satay sauce?

Seems like anything that used to breathe is being ground up and put into little supermarket meat trays these days.

Roadkill, old nags, dogs, cats, rats...people.

We're not at waterworld levels yet are we?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Donkey meat? for human consumption? am i reading this right? is this real wth!!?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
As if, humans, as predatory carnivores with regressive, though acceptable herbivorous tendencies, are predisposed to eat one meat over another?

Only things I want to know are if I buy pre-packaged meat, what's in there, is any of it "endangered species" and what is the Mercury content.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Foxes are being domesticated quite frequently in Asia. There is actually a study going on in Siberia with generations of foxes being domesticated and they show to have changes in their coat colors and also behavior towards humans. The results are fascinating to anyone interested in genetic changes and traits.

Sadly I believe there are also farms dedicated to the sole purpose of skinning and harvesting the meat. I don't know for certain though...
Here in America a few years back there was quite the illegal trade ring going on for their use as hunting and I wouldn't doubt for their fur as well. I don't even want to think what goes on in other parts of the world.

Hopefully I haven't accidentally gotten ahold of any walmart meat. I don't want to be labeled as a cannibal.
I wonder what donkey tastes like

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Not only disgusted at mention of donkey meat, im also surprised as this is news to me that donkey sells for human consumption, guess i been in my bunker for too long. Donkey meat, that's just so wrong imo

Im glad i buy at my local butcher shop, there i can see the carcass as being a cow...

Id rather go vegetarian then eat donkey meat period.
edit on 11-1-2014 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I must admit, I've never before in my life heard of people eating donkey meat, let alone it being available in main supermarkets? Can I ask if this is just America?
I'm actually a little shocked, but I suppose all cultures are different, and eat different I suppose. Wal-Mart owns our Asda right? Oh blimey.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

abecedarian
As if, humans, as predatory carnivores with regressive, though acceptable herbivorous tendencies, are predisposed to eat one meat over another?

Only things I want to know are if I buy pre-packaged meat, what's in there, is any of it "endangered species" and what is the Mercury content.

I'd be concerned about more than whether or not the animal is rare (or well done :-) ), i wouldn't fancy eating ground up tumor, from a cancer riddled monkey brain...would you?

It's not really about WHICH animal, it's about the history and safety of the meat for consumption. With 'unorthodox' animals being secretly shoved into the mincer, you don't know what the hell is going on with the meat..with traditional farmed animals, generally, we do. They are checked by vets, the meat's tested and inspected (or should be), the origin and farms are marked on it and so on...it has a history trail that can be checked to see if it's fit to eat.

With just about anything that has eyes being thrown in, we don't get that.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Missbeck, sorry if i confused you with my prior reply, this is in china i believe, i kinda got disgusted at the mention of donkey meat which i forgot to add that Australia "thats where i am from" may start donkey meat imports hence my reaction above. But this article i believe concerns china. Still disgusting.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaSpace

No, my own fault! Anyone feel free to kick me up the arse!
It even says in the opening OP 'CHINA'

Still not my chosen choice of meat though.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I don't buy meat from Walmart / Asda, I don't trust it.

China doesn't have a great humanitarian tradition nor that of animal welfare. Remember the truck of live cats on the way to a restaurant story recently, and if they eat dogs and horses, donkey and fox isn't far off. Also China has a tradition of eating bugs and all sorts due to difficult times in their history.

But I guess if their buying something specifically labelled and it actually contains something else they might not like it. Also perhaps Walmart might be upmarket there, as opposed to street vendors of live chickens etc. so the clientele might be more choosy and or foreigners with more exacting tastes.

Hearing things like this makes me consider being a vegetarian again. Currently we limit 'meat' to fish, chicken and occasionally venison and wild game from specific upmarket ethical retailers. We also eat vegetarian food a lot.
edit on 11-1-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

MegaSpace
Missbeck, sorry if i confused you with my prior reply, this is in china i believe, i kinda got disgusted at the mention of donkey meat which i forgot to add that Australia "thats where i am from" may start donkey meat imports hence my reaction above. But this article i believe concerns china. Still disgusting.

you aussies are going to start eating ass?....wow!...the kiwis are going to be all over this, why would you make it so easy for them. I see a lot more barfights, and snotknockers at the football games
edit on 11-1-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Vegan here, Genesis 1:29 and all, so this sounds insane to me. If it moves, swallow it. Eddie Murphy must be looking over his shoulder (if you don't get the reference, ask someone).

I once knew a Chinese guy, a tai-chi teacher, who showed me his freezer and in it was a package labeled "Tiger". The insanity is worldwide, and has taken the oceans and forests and skinned them inside out.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MissBeck

Hahaha, America? Come on now, I know no one like us but we do have our standards. We like our over processed, hormone pumped, diseased cow...of course smothered in cheese. MMMM...Obesity, smothered and covered.

I wonder if Donkey is lean?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SgtHamsandwich

Who says nobody likes you?? Exclude me from that 'group'. I love you guys!
But it was me, not reading properly. I do apologize!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join