It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My delayed pics of Xmas '12 Jupiter Apogee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I know there is suiggly and other bad photo aspect's, but through all that you can see the base points of light and the shadow's.
For me it was a very cool event.

The first pic is when I noticed it and started taking pics.

In this second pic I started to notice a very bright flash of light and then the left upper part of the moon saw some kind of dramatic activity unfold.

The flashes of light where not captured in the photo's but that is not what sparked my interest in in this event. What sparked my interest in this was post's on ATS and other boards at the time. I did not want to post then cause of ridicule of the topic at the time.

And the smoke cloud explosion on or near the moon.

What you think ATS? I know they are not the best photo's but something happened for sure that Christmas Night for sure.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm confused. What are these photos of? Jupiter? The Moon? All I see are bright overexposed blobs of light and some smoke trails. Seeing as the title of the thread is Jupiter's apogee (didn't you mean to say "perigee" aka the closest approach to Earth?), I was hoping for nice photos of Jupiter through a telescope, or at least decent photos of Jupiter with a regular camera.
edit on 10-1-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I don't have a clue what I'm looking at, but they are very unusual pictures, thanks for posting.

Perhaps someone knows what this is...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Very clear looking pictures. Good job, have you looked into this?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

proob4
What sparked my interest in this was post's on ATS and other boards at the time. I did not want to post then cause of ridicule of the topic at the time.

What topic? Were there other threads about this?

Thanks for the pics, I'm very interested in this.

edit on 11-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

You just had an incorrect setting for shutter speed. I think the outcome is awesome but I'm rather biased cause I love light painting with planets and stars..

Here's my own photo of Jupiter with a slow shutter speed. This is somewhat similar to what your photos had going on. campl.us...
Also, might wanna see this for future reference.
Shutter Speed

Another more elaborate photo of Jupiter I did

edit on 11-1-2014 by rbkruspe because: Text

edit on 11-1-2014 by rbkruspe because: Photo

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Do you mean this is an image of when Jupiter appeared to be right next to the moon on Christmas night 2012?

If so, then it simply looks like you were jiggling the camera as you took the picture, resulting in Jupiter leaving a trail, and the moon ending up blobby.

Here's a link to a story about that Christmas 2012 alignment:
Jupiter, Moon To Align On Christmas Night

Jupiter would have looked to be at the "ten o'clock" position relative to the moon at some points during that alignment on that night (although the relative positions of the moon and Jupiter moved throughout that night). In your image, that squiggly trail is at about the "ten o'clock" position, which would lead me to believe it was Jupiter, and the "squigglieness" was the result of a shaky camera during a long exposure.

edit on 1/11/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Thank you for resolving this "mystery". So it's just Jupiter next to the Moon, made squiggly because of shaky camera.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Could you tell what is the make/model of your camera so we can know what sort of chips it has, CMOS or CCD?
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join