It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Cali to Maine, Detroit's Chief of Police now advocates armed citizens.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I love enlightenment.

Kind of crazy that your rights in the US are dependent on where you live.

Sounds like the good people of Detroit will now have a fighting chance.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
And what would be your thoughts about this? You provided a link and little to no commentary regarding what he was really speaking about.

Please explain what he is saying and why you do or do not agree with this.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Also, I have lived in the Metro Detroit Area for many years. I watched this news conference. Your video is edited to portray something that the original video of the news conference never intended.

Me thinks you are trying to stir a pot - when no pot is available to stir.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rochester

I think he is trying to say that when lawful good people are armed it is better for society as a whole.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Rochester
Also, I have lived in the Metro Detroit Area for many years. I watched this news conference. Your video is edited to portray something that the original video of the news conference never intended.

Me thinks you are trying to stir a pot - when no pot is available to stir.

Interesting if that is the case. Do you think you could find a more complete video that would better demonstrate the context?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The point from the video is clear.
He said Maine is one of the safest states and it was because of the citizens right to concealed carry and the criminals knowledge of it. There is still crime in Portland like all major cities, but it was safer because: "The good Americans were armed."

You know why? Because we are the only means of defense when the fight comes to us. If someone attempts a strongarm robbery and you are the target, do you think you have time to call 911? No. But if you have a firearm and a CCW, you have a much stronger percentage survival rate. Merely because you can fight fire with fire.

Face facts people... in the right hands guns can save lives.
In the wrong hands, they can take them.

Guns will always be around until the last one is smelted away and production ceases. Until then, all criminals believe they are superior to you if they have one, and they don't care about the law. Use your head properly and protect your life if you deem necessary with your Constitutional right. That is why most, if not all, states have it in their Constitutions, also.

I am glad to see this Sheriff knows the facts of a well armed nation.

new topics

top topics

join