It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Association creates the illusion of death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Death is an illusion because individualism is an illusion of the Explicate Order. On a fundamental or Implicate Order everything is an interconnected whole. It's like waves in water. Waves occur based on local conditions but all of the waves are connected to the same water. This is like Consciousness. Waves of experience occur based on local conditions.

The illusion of death and separation comes from a strong mind association. We associate ourselves with our local experience and body and some become trapped inside the illusion. It goes back to Plato and the Allegory of the Cave all the way up to the Holographic Principle of today.

So. if we prick our finger it hurts therefore the mind must emerge from the material brain and the material body must be the sum of who we are right? That's truly a limited way of thinking. It's a prison mentality. It basically says the sum of who we are can be summed up by our local reality. Think about how disconnected that is from the universe.

We see a strong mind association in recent experiments associate themselves with fake arms. If you stab the fake arm people jump. They feel like it's their arm. It's like when you see someone fall hard in a movie you may feel a little tingling in your back. Mind can elicit a physical response so some people connect the mind with the material brain. So of course when the material body dies mind association tells us the mind dies right?

All this shows is that the illusion is strong. It must be strong in order for us to truly experience different local realities. The truth is, the illusion must be strong in order for us to fully experience the local reality.

So there's an assumption that the mind emerges from the material brain even though there's zero evidence to support this notion. The material brain is an advanced measuring device that stores information. The mind operates and navigates this information.

It basically goes like this.

This part of the brain is active when this an action occurs therefore this part of the brain must be responsible for the occurrence of the underlying action. Again, there's zero evidence to support this but this is the assumption that's being made.

You can look at any device that's active and then make this assumption.

I can look at my modem and parts of my modem light up when I'm surfing the internet and those parts don't light up when I'm not searching the internet. So someone from 3,000 years ago would see my modem today and assume that it's alive. There must be a mind controlling my modem. This is the same assumption materialist make about the material brain today.

The reason the mind must emerge from the material brain is because parts of the material brain our active when an underlying action occurs.

They never tell you how the material brain can be responsible for the action occurring. It just must be the case even though it makes zero sense.

For instance, how does the material brain recall specific memories at will? How does the material brain know the difference between these specific memories? How does it know the difference between a memory from the Army and a memory from a trip to Vegas? How does it know which specific memory I wish to recall?

What occurs is the mind wishes to recall a specific memory that's stored on the material brain. The material brain stores information that the mind operates and navigates.

How does the material brain know the different degrees of the spiciness of food?

If me and a friend are eating the same dish and she thinks it's too spicy and I don't think it's spicy enough, what specific part of the brain decides if the meal is spicy or not really spicy? Is there a spicy meter in the brain?

A couple gets a new bed set. The husband thinks the pillows are soft but the wife thinks the pillows are a little hard. Who decides what's a little hard and what's soft? How does the material brain decide what's a little hard and what's soft?

Look at mental illness and things like anxiety. I remember a relative going to the hospital over and over again because he knew something was wrong with his heart. After he went through a bunch of test, they found nothing but he still felt there was something wrong with his heart. The Dr. told him it was all "in his mind."

Where is that located? Again, the mind can elicit a physical response and this is do to a strong mind association with the material body.

You hear the expression "mind over matter." I remember seeing a guy walk over coals and it didn't bother him and another guy tried it and couldn't take it. The guy who walked over the coals said he convinced himself the the coals weren't hot and he thinks about eating something cold while walking over the hot coals. How does the material brain convince the body that the coals are not that hot? How does the material brain decide which memories to recall and how does the brain know the difference between a memory drinking a slushie or a memory eating a fudge bar?

Mind association is a prison but it's necessary in order for us to experience the local reality we are in. If mind association wasn't strong then how could we truly have a local experience? There's people who break free from this strong mind association and we say they're enlightened.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

I enjoyed reading your opening post. It was well written and profound. it really brings home to me a notion that we are like a tortoise in a shell out of our own making.

While reading , I could imagine with very little difficulty how the controller of the material mind was remote.

Perhaps we could add that at night when we go to sleep the real us (somewhere remotely) switches off the apparatus (our physical mind/body)

Great post

edit on 9-1-2014 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Death is an illusion, though not often without pain and fear, but its like waking up from the corporal dream of suffering.

Individuality is NOT AN ILLUSION for you are an infinite part of infnity, and there is no ONE conceiving itself as ONE, for Infinity is this mad, crazy, endless, forever infinite person/place/thing, spiralling endlessly in infinite variety. If there is a boundary or definition or limit on ONE, for really its Infinite Ones, and Infinite Varities of One, then it becomes finite. If its finite, in the infinite time, this would have ended nearly an infinity ago.

Its like Infinite Fractals, never ending, all at once, no time. In Oneness, in Love. But for all the levels of being, birds of a feather flock together in a frequency match, hence infinite levels.

You'll always be you, loved enormously by your Family, uniquely yourself, and you're going to progress ever forward once through the trials, growing and learning Your Way, shining Love Your Way!
edit on 9-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Nice thread.
Isn't it strange that modern neuroscience does not deal with the mind, just a brain.
edit on 9-1-2014 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

BDBinc

Nice thread.
Isn't it strange that modern neuroscience does not deal with the mind, just a brain.

Very good observation.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

For instance, how does the material brain recall specific memories at will? How does the material brain know the difference between these specific memories? How does it know the difference between a memory from the Army and a memory from a trip to Vegas? How does it know which specific memory I wish to recall?

The brain has been up loading everything you've experienced, and learned, including everything you missed but was there to take in, from birth.
Connecting everything with a neural infrastructure, capable of linking and compare, store and remember, within the time you need to blink.

How does the material brain know the different degrees of the spiciness of food?

The substance that spices your food, causes a pain sensation, the higher amount of spice, the more pain.
However, your body gets used to sensations, and people react different to sensations as well
Causing the difference in what someone senses.

There is evidence that suggests information isn't just stored in the brain, our DNA is a good candidate for the out side storage.

Will can change the brains functions. A sensation can be altered, by focusing on something else.

Our brain is connected with everything around it, and only the ability to define who we are, separated us from the natural world. The ability of language, created words to define everything. We learned to isolate everything by labeling it with a word. Understanding individual differences, and awareness of experiencing physical sensations, learned us what hurts or what makes us laugh.
We don't like pain and fear the unknown, and that we age and die. It creates the illusion of time.

In our efforts to experience happiness and any other emotion, we got lost and our ego grew larger, until we've lost our memories about our origins and made ourselves, priority number one.
Only because we are weak, we need the savety of the group to survive, with our ego's in the way, people work hard to satisfy their biggest needs. People will do everything to reach their goals, or not at all...
The worse in man destroys our world, the best in us, creates a better on, and everything in between, unites, and divides us, creating tension, conflict and war.

I think...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I like your wave analogy. Just because a wave rises then falls doesn't mean another wave won't pop up later on. We are the waves of the ocean, the ocean is consciousness, just because our certain wave only lasts for a short time doesn't mean we won't become another wave in the future. All waves belong to the ocean and the ocean always creates new waves, it's a never ending process and we are part of it.

S&F, I agree with all you said.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

BDBinc

Nice thread.

Great point!

This is a big problem because the reason they don't deal with the mind is because they just accept the fantasy that the mind must emerge from the material brain.

This makes no sense. The brain isn't some magical information storage device that creates it's own user. The thought of the idea is just silly. The brain uses bits to store information. It's no different than any other information storage device that needs a user to operate and give meaning to the stored information.

This is science. This is basic common knowledge but many people BELIEVE that the mind must emerge from the material brain even though there's zero evidence to support this silly notion.

For example. A DVD player stores information on how to play a DVD. The User operates and plays the DVD they want to watch.

My Mother loves to watch VCR tapes of her and my Fathers surprise birthday parties. The VCR player and the VCR tape stores the information to play the tapes. It's the user that chooses to record the event and play the tapes.

The Brain is no different. In order for me to recall those specific memories from those birthday parties, the material brain needs a user that intends to recall those specific memories that are stored in the brain. The User knows the difference between the 2 different surprise birthday parties.

What they say is the brain is so complex that we don't understand how the mind emerges from the material brain but it MUST emerge from the material brain. It's a belief. It's no different than Muslims believing the Mahdi lives at the bottom of a well in Iran. At least Muslims have faith, many in science act like the mind emerging from the material brain is a fact.

Again, IT'S A FANTASY!

There must be a user outside of the material brain that operates and gives meaning to the information that's stored on the material brain. When I want to recall a specific memory about the first time I went swimming, the User has to tell the material brain to retrieve this specific memory that's stored in the material brain.

To say the material brain gave rise to the user that operates the information stored in the material brain is pure fiction. The brain isn't some magical device. It stores information just like your computer, TV or DVD player. It needs a user that's outside of the material brain to give that information life.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Another recording device that witnessed and remembered everything in the field would be called knower of the field.

Imagine if the body was in the mind, and the world and body appeared together.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
I like your wave analogy. Just because a wave rises then falls doesn't mean another wave won't pop up later on. We are the waves of the ocean, the ocean is consciousness, just because our certain wave only lasts for a short time doesn't mean we won't become another wave in the future. All waves belong to the ocean and the ocean always creates new waves, it's a never ending process and we are part of it.

S&F, I agree with all you said.

You are not a wave - you are the ocean waving.

The general misconception is that one is just a wave among other waves and the fear is that one will end when the individual wave goes.
When the wave drops down it realizes the ocean is the one waving.
edit on 10-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I agree, we are the ocean but we can't ignore the fact that we are also the waves of the ocean as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You put your left wave in, you pull your left wave out. You put your left wave in and you shake it all about.

You do the hokey-pokey and you turn yourself around.

That's what it's all about.

Whee!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

BlueMule
You put your left wave in, you pull your left wave out. You put your left wave in and you shake it all about.

Whee!

And I thought that song was about legs

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

crowdedskies

BlueMule

Whee!

So did I, until that time I was taken to Turiya and came back!

edit on 10-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

BlueMule

crowdedskies

BlueMule

Whee!

So did I, until that time I was taken to Turiya and came back!

edit on 10-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

I suppose Quantum Mechanics would also have something to say about it. If you look for legs you will see legs if you look for waves you will see waves.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

I agree, we are the ocean but we can't ignore the fact that we are also the waves of the ocean as well.

But there is nothing other than the ocean waving.
The ocean is seeing the waves. The waves are made of nothing other than the ocean but it may appear that the waves are separate from itself.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

But the waves still exist, illusion or not. My unique wave or perspective exists just like your unique wave or perspective exists. We're all the ocean, but the ocean has many facets to it all the same.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

But the waves still exist, illusion or not. My unique wave or perspective exists just like your unique wave or perspective exists. We're all the ocean, but the ocean has many facets to it all the same.

The waves 'appear' to exist but the ocean does not appear to exist.
The waves are motion and the ocean is rest.

If one has misidentified oneself as a wave then one will be tossed about by the appearance.

The inherent Intelligence of Reality has the property of being able to interpret its radiant energies as patterns, and has the further ability to imagine hypothetical interpretations regarding what these imagined patterns might consist of: e.g. beings, entities, situations, etc.

It can happen that these hypothetical interpretations might include the idea that these patterns actually inherently exist as entities in themselves, that they might be actual independently existing individualities that have coherent identities that persist in time; and are more than just the instantaneous Radiance of Reality, as they actually are.
theopendoorway.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

The immediate presentation of this unspeakable actuality is the field of your experience, which is an instantaneously appearing virtual field of Radiant Presence as apparent qualities. This is the actuality of which every/ and any/ thing that you think exists consists. This is inclusive and complete; nothing whatever other than this field exists. In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now.

theopendoorway.org...

top topics

join