It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEO and DA joke about murdering innocent man for the sake of convenience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is disgusting to me. It needs to be heard.

Here's the transcription of the recorded conversation:

Arresting Officer Mobley: I should have just let [the arrestee] get off the train and go. Assistant District Attorney Barta: Ah, you should have said that he pulled a knife on you and shot the son of a bitch. Mobley: (Laughter) Barta: (Laughter) He pulled something out of his pocket and it looked like a gun... then... it was a goddamn comb, I'm sorry! (Laughter) Mobley: My bad, I'm sorry! (Laughter) Barta: My bad! (Laughter) Barta: (Laughter) Oh well, anyway… (Pause) Or, you could have arrested him, alleged that the train tried to pull out, and here's a thought, throw him under the track, the wheels, and then say he tried to escape. But too late for that.... Mobley: Yeah ... Mobley: Oh well! Anyway....

link to source

I believe this is more clear evidence that the system is stacked against people of color. I call it WASP dominionism. In a nutshell, they believe they have a birthright to dominate everything. It is woven deeply into the culture. It is passed from generation to generation. IMO, it is diabolical and evil. These are the true enemies of people seeking life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
edit on 9-1-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: syntax error

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Sometimes in the heat of the moment (or later in the day if they are still wound up) people say and suggest things that are not of their character, even Law Enforcement officials.

Have you never been wronged by someone and said off the cuff "I wanna kill that son of a b****" or " I should of beaten the sh** out of him" or something similar. Now if someone happened to be recording that and played it to your colleagues at work (assuming you have a job) or to your children, would it not sound a little un like the proper manner.

People do things and say things.....we dont always mean it but we are ALL human....even COPS.

Just saying.
edit on 9-1-2014 by projectbane because: righted a wrong

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

projectbane

Sometimes in the heat of the moment (or later in the day if they are still wound up) people say and suggest things that are not of their character, even Law Enforcement officials.

Have you never been wronged by someone and said off the cuff "I wanna kill that son of a b****" or " I should of beaten the sh** out of him" or something similar. Now if someone happened to be recording that and played it to your colleagues at work (assuming you have a job) or to your children, would it not sound a little un like the proper manner.

People do things and say things.....we dont always mean it but we are ALL human....even COPS.

Just saying.
edit on 9-1-2014 by projectbane because: righted a wrong

Do you ever joke about killing people by plotting the entire thing out to each other like this?

Did you say you should have killed the person and planted evidence against him so you could get away? NO, you say you could have just killed him because of whatever happened....This is sick, and if you think this is okay or a joke.....SO ARE YOU!

Especially law enforcement officers/judicial employees....This means they have done this in the past and gotten away with it when they are able to laugh about planting evidence against someone...IMO of course
edit on 1/9/2014 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by projectbane

It is different when the people making the jokes are agents of the government, paid by tax dollars, and are carrying weapons (some of which the average person can not own, at least without jumping through hoops) that can kill you. By way of their position, their testimony often holds more weight in court than the 'common' person.

In view of this, I would have to say... NO, they don't have an excuse for joking around about killing someone. Especially when they actually kill people far too often................ maybe they weren't really joking.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have a public position and as such I dont ever say stuff even jokingly that could be overheard or construed in such a way to paint myself or my office in a negative light with the people we serve.

If it's a conversation you can't have in front of the people you work for, the public, then you shouldn't be having that conversation.

This goes for on and off the clock. It's a mindset thing. If you can't treat the public with respect and courtesy, regardless of how they treat you, then you should find another job.

Maybe this was all a joke. Maybe it was simply poor taste and neither the DA or the officer would ever participate in such an act. Though I doubt it. Let's say it was all innocent. So what we're left with then, best case scenario, is two public servants who suffer from a complete lack of sense.

Any defense you can allow them is still reason enough to fire them. Either they're cruel and malicious or they're idiots. Either way they shouldn't be in the positions they are in.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Not that I am defending someone being murdered for convenience, however, there are two things that pop out at me. Firstly; We have no idea of the scope, and context of the conversation.

Secondly; There isn't a person alive who hasn't joked about bodily harm to another. Period. Just because LEO does it, now it's 'wrong?' I think more people would be benefited by remembering that next time they have an off-the-cuff remark about someone's mortality.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Chronogoblin

Not that I am defending someone being murdered for convenience, however, there are two things that pop out at me. Firstly; We have no idea of the scope, and context of the conversation.

Secondly; There isn't a person alive who hasn't joked about bodily harm to another. Period. Just because LEO does it, now it's 'wrong?' I think more people would be benefited by remembering that next time they have an off-the-cuff remark about someone's mortality.

How would you like it if you overheard your doctor 'joking around' with another healthcare worker about letting you die on an operating table because you were a 'pain in the ass patient'?
Would you feel comfortable going back to him?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass
This is disgusting to me. It needs to be heard.

Here's the transcription of the recorded conversation:

Arresting Officer Mobley: I should have just let [the arrestee] get off the train and go. Assistant District Attorney Barta: Ah, you should have said that he pulled a knife on you and shot the son of a bitch. Mobley: (Laughter) Barta: (Laughter) He pulled something out of his pocket and it looked like a gun... then... it was a goddamn comb, I'm sorry! (Laughter) Mobley: My bad, I'm sorry! (Laughter) Barta: My bad! (Laughter) Barta: (Laughter) Oh well, anyway… (Pause) Or, you could have arrested him, alleged that the train tried to pull out, and here's a thought, throw him under the track, the wheels, and then say he tried to escape. But too late for that.... Mobley: Yeah ... Mobley: Oh well! Anyway....

link to source

I believe this is more clear evidence that the system is stacked against people of color. I call it WASP dominionism. In a nutshell, they believe they have a birthright to dominate everything. It is woven deeply into the culture. It is passed from generation to generation. IMO, it is diabolical and evil. These are the true enemies of people seeking life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Your argument of this being a system stacked against people of color is ridiculous. The only colors referred to in that article you linked were said by the writer of the article trying to infer it was a racially motivated talk. Nowhere in the transcript is there anything about the man being black or them even caring that he was.....it was simply the biased opinion of the author of that article that came out. If anything I would say the author of the article has a chip on their shoulder and should curb their own racism when writing.

And speaking of retarded...have you even looked into Ojore's background? It isn't like he was a real angel of a person and having a criminal record as extensive as his would be the more likely reason he was picked up. The guy wasn't exactly someone you would want to sit down and have coffee with unless you were ready to get in a gun fight or start an armed revolution.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I believe this is more clear evidence that the system is stacked against people of color.

OH MY!

What makes anyone think this was racially motivated?

If every word that came from our mouths was recorded we’d all be caught saying inappropriate things at some point? It sounded like a joking convesation…nothing more. I think anyone who is seriously offended by that conversation is a little too uptight.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I'm not sure that's a valid argument, but I'll allow it. Say I did overhear that. Then what? I find a new doctor. I think people need to understand that what's said, is often so very much different than what's done. I would've thought people would've learned that from the government? Honestly, how can you know that you're doctor hasn't said something like that about you? You can't. Does that make you want to go back? Do you even care? Probably not.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

Say I did overhear that. Then what? I find a new doctor. I think people need to understand that what's said, is often so very much different than what's done.

We don't have the option of 'finding' a new police force.... unless you move to a different area. Then you will likely find the same type of people in that police force.
Sure, people joke around. But it isn't something that we would be comfortable with when they hold our lives in their hands. Cops need to hold themselves to a higher standard.

Honestly, how can you know that you're doctor hasn't said something like that about you? You can't.

Of course I can't. But I bet you would like to think that your doctor doesn't joke around about letting you die under his care.
edit on 9-1-2014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

It all started with the Jews and their concept of racial superiority

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This is a fine example of how indoctrinated our public servants have become.

Serve & Protect? That went out the window years ago.

Sure, they'll show up to calls, but with fire in their eyes and an us-against-you mentality.

The kingdom, power and glory is not theirs...

...but they think it is.

edit on 9-1-2014 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

While I would agree that the words of these two officials are damning, terrible, and not the words of people who should be trusted with enforcing law, or promoting and defending justice, I would also say that the ethnicity of the person about whom they were conversing, is far from the main point as it is possible to be.

These people were joking about the life of a human being, a human being who they have a duty of care to protect, even as a felon. That the person was not guilty of a crime makes the situation worse of course. The shade of the subjects skin could not be less important to this situation. In my veiw these two officials should be stripped of their jobs, their pensions, and prevented from taking any job at any level of law enforcement or the legal profession.
edit on 9-1-2014 by TrueBrit because: Added clarification

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

I believe this is more clear evidence that the system is stacked against people of color.

No, just stacked against the people.

I'm not sure where in the world you are getting a "color" issue here, but they are certainly two jerks that indicate a propensity for abusing their authority in general.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

butcherguy

It is different when the people making the jokes are agents of the government, paid by tax dollars, and are carrying weapons (some of which the average person can not own, at least without jumping through hoops) that can kill you. By way of their position, their testimony often holds more weight in court than the 'common' person.

In view of this, I would have to say... NO, they don't have an excuse for joking around about killing someone. Especially when they actually kill people far too often................ maybe they weren't really joking.

People do and say things for all manner of reasons. You just happened to hear a couple of people (LEO) saying what they should or should not of done. However, you do not have the full backstory, or were not there present when the arrest or the situation this conversation transpired from. You are merely judging from a interjected view.

The trouble with people like yourself and others here on ATS is that your whole view on certain segments of the populas, this time law enforcement is so warped and biased. You egg each other on with these ridiculous videos and transcripts that show "part" of a situation and not the whole!! You all gather round with your peers on here and rip into something that you fully do NOT understand.

On the surface, some things look and seem somewhat extreme, but without being there or knowing the FULL story you have no basis to tarnish someone.

I too read the transcript from that segment and I want to know MORE. I want to ask questions, I want to know the entire story from start to finish. I want to know were these people MAYBE talking about a movie they saw? (ridiculous yes, but plausible).

I continuously see people on here JUMPING to conclusions without due process and without doing their due diligence. Then again, what can I expect from this section of the community (OOOPPPS am I jumping to conclusions here?).

edit on 9-1-2014 by projectbane because: correction

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Chrisfishenstein

projectbane

Do you ever joke about killing people by plotting the entire thing out to each other like this?

Did you say you should have killed the person and planted evidence against him so you could get away? NO, you say you could have just killed him because of whatever happened....This is sick, and if you think this is okay or a joke.....SO ARE YOU!

Especially law enforcement officers/judicial employees....This means they have done this in the past and gotten away with it when they are able to laugh about planting evidence against someone...IMO of course
edit on 1/9/2014 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

Firstly, use your brain please dear boy.

IF what they were talking about was in FACT (facts which YOU do not have as you were neither present for the entirety of the situation they found themselves in before and after this conversation took place) what you assume it is related to then there is a case of gross misconduct. HOWEVER, you do NOT have the facts to had but merely a section of a conversation that took place. That is all you have in reality. YOU do NOT know if they were merely acting out a scene from a play they are involved in after work (YES this is a outrageous proposal but without FACTS it is still plausible).

You and your like, are often too quick to jump full on into a finger pointing mode based around the notion that cops are bad. Maybe some are but are all terrorists Islamic? Are all priests child molesters?

You need to do your research carefully before accusing someone of a crime. You have done NONE that I can see. You merely took this transcript at face value and ran with it. You have no knowledge of the ACTUAL events that led to this conversation. On face value the conversation does seem bad. And if proven to be, I am sure that they will face the punishment to whatever degree is consider apt.

But time and time again on this site in particular a certain theme gets thrown around and people are only to quick to jump on it and draw strength from equally dim witted and poorly educated peers. Without committing to doing any of the leg work themselves they shout and rant about justice and tax dollars etc.

Did you go down yourself to where this incident took place and find these gentleman and interview them yourself? Did you ask them questions about what the hell they were talking about? Did you contact the local news channel and ask if anyone there had any info they could share? did you contact these officers former employers and see if they have a history of this type of behavior? Did you speak to the guy they were referring to in the conversation?
NO you did not.....meaning you did nothing to come to your conclusion? So you can hardly sit there and say they have done this before etc as you so boldly state.

Please use your brain in future before making outlandish accusations, it adds fuel to the already growing fire that people in the conspiracy community are narrow minded, poorly educated and liars. You do not help actual well meaning conspiracy fans at all.

So, well done boy!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I continuously see people on here JUMPING to conclusions without due process and without doing their due diligence. Then again, what can I expect from this section of the community (OOOPPPS am I jumping to conclusions here?).

I didn't jump to any conclusions.
I stated my opinion that these people should not joke about such things.
I also postulated that they might be some of the portion of the law enforcement community that are not above breaking the law themselves.

If anything you seem a bit too defensive.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

butcherguy

I didn't jump to any conclusions.
I stated my opinion that these people should not joke about such things.
I also postulated that they might be some of the portion of the law enforcement community that are not above breaking the law themselves.

If anything you seem a bit too defensive.

I did not say YOU jumped to conclusions I said " people on here" as it was part of a long passage of writing it was within context. And yes I was a bit defensive. I am always going to defend someones right to innocence until they have been proven GUILTY with ALL the facts laid bare. FACTS are what people seem to skip over these days and go completely on partial pieces of information that do not make up the entire story.

If these people are ever found guilty of a crime or misgivings then I would want the law to inflict the appropriate punishment as set out by the guideline stated for such offense whether or not they are LEO.

All i am asking is questions. I would just like to know the full circumstances of a situation before labeling someone a write off.

However, this site more than any other seems to allow people to besiege someone for what appears one way but could very well be something else if ALL evidence and facts are available.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I am not advocating that charges be filed against these two for what they said. I do believe that what they said is indicative of a problem in the law enforcement community. It isn't a new problem either. I saw the same thing growing up among the same characters 40 years ago.

You posted in the thread where a dozen cop cars showed up to storm a house because a person inside dared to document abuses (in public) perpetrated against a parking violator. This isn't what police are supposed to do, and it is far from an isolated incident.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join