It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Surprising Reaction From Cop After Refusing Checkpoint Stop

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If every cop not only knew but honored the Constitution and treated citizens with respect instead of immediate suspicion...

We have this.

There now...isn't that better? The way it could and should be.

Peace

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

That's a REAL police official.

One that knows how to do his job the right way.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What a fine example of law enforcement. That was much better than the NAZI-like dolts we usually see at these checkpoints.

Someone give that man a PROMOTION!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

MmmPie
reply to post by jude11

That's a REAL police official.

One that knows how to do his job the right way.

It looks like he not only knows his job but takes pride in that fact.

He also looked happy to observe their rights rather than be confrontational or intimidating. A real breath of fresh air.

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I can't view videos at work, what happened?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm not totally familiar with these situations, but I would like to understand them, so please forgive my ignorance.

Was it because they politely asked "Am I free to go?", and said nothing more, that caused the officer's cordial response?

My assumption is that by asking this specific question they must let you go if they have no lawful reason to detain you. It's in the US Consitution, right?

We have a similar right in the Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms (secure from unreasonable search & seizure) so I assume it would be a simliar situation up here.

If all my assumptions are correct, then what is the point of these checkstops? Are they not unconsitutional?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This guy gets it.

Glad to know at least SOME policemen know how to operate lawfully.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is awesome! I can't help but imagine how nice it would be if all of the police officer and border patrol people had such a wonderful attitude to citizens being aware of and exercising their rights this way!

Side note: Am I the only one who noticed how ridiculously loudly that camera guy was chewing his gum??

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
I can't view videos at work, what happened?

Car stopped at a check point in the US and rather than the usual hard lined approach and intimidation by police, the officer simply bid them a good day and told them that he respected their rights and knowledge of the constitution when they asked if they were free to continue on their way.

Respectfully and with a smile on his face as well.

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I respect a cop like that. Try that with the cops here where I live and see what happens. I bet you will be drug out of your vehicle and everything searched, possibly getting charged with disorderly conduct. My town is known as the worlds largest speed trap, BTW. Many millionaires live here.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
What a heart warming video, and yes, that policeman should get some form of recognition for doing his job correctly and with good grace.
Lets hope he does, and we get an update on him.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Wow that's awesome. At least some policeofficers know how to perform their jobs correctly still.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

As has been said by pretty much everyone, bravo and kudos to that officer. It's so refreshing to see and recognize a good officer instead of just constantly hearing about the actions of the bad ones.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

OMG I'm speechless........ That was probably the best video I've ever watched, also the best cop I've ever seen wow... Speechless

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is nice, to bad it seems like for every 1 post like this we seem to get 2 to 3 that go the other way. Wish it was the other way around.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Having a camera on the officers helps, I am not saying he only did this because he was on camera, but it is a possibility.
Either way, if all officers acted like this ALL the time, we would see a lot more respect given back.
No one has a problem with police like this. This is the officer that deserves an award.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

ObjectZero
This is nice, to bad it seems like for every 1 post like this we seem to get 2 to 3 that go the other way. Wish it was the other way around.

Posts speak the truth in many ways.

If the negative outweighs the positive 2 or 3 to 1...the /trend seems to be clear.

But, we can always hope...right?

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

starfoxxx
Having a camera on the officers helps, I am not saying he only did this because he was on camera, but it is a possibility.
Either way, if all officers acted like this ALL the time, we would see a lot more respect given back.
No one has a problem with police like this. This is the officer that deserves an award.

Yes, the camera helps.

But I have to say that a camera doesn't lie as well. It truly looks like this officer was respectful and doesn't even flinch at the cam.

I have to believe that this guy is sincere. If not then we have 100% of the cops on the wrong side.

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I got chills! I am floored by his response and how quick they were as well! I wish this was like this everywhere. That officer shows there is hope! Or he'll be fired tomorrow and replaced by some Nazi style swat suit covered asshat.

Peace!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Already 1 for the other side of the fence.

LEO and DA joke about murdering innocent man for the sake of convenience

I checked the story date that was linked to it so it's current 1/7/2014.

Post time 10:58am so 1 hour after this post.

Once we get a few more posts I'll get a better average, maybe we'll luck out and the numbers will be on the better side. But I'm not putting any money on that.

Score for now is 1 for 1

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join