It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane Clown Posse Defends Fans, With F.B.I. Lawsuit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

alienjuggalo
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

To think that these terrible "rappers" decades after being deemed utter trash and complete failures as musicians and artists actually had some hillbilly fanbase in rural America.

They are from Detroit their biggest fan base is Detroit, about as far from "hillbilly rural" America as you can get.
I grew up in the suburbs and I'm a fan

He still got the "complete failures as musicians" part right though.
If musicians were compared to stores, ICP would be the piggly wiggly's of the retail world.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Two groups of clowns fighting against each other? How poetic.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
"the great milenko" has been permanently imprinted in my brain since fourth grade....I don't listen to them anymore, but those evil clown voices will always remain.......when will this torment end?!!!

Just kidding, I did have that whole album memorized though, definitely not gangster.

I think the real bad influences are the guys actually singing about gang activity. You know, murder,objectifying women, money, selling hard drugs,....all that bs....

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I absolutely loath Insane Clown Posse and all those who follow them! You don't even have to give those people a IQ test, you just know the moment they say they're a fan of ICP!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The only thing Insane Clown Posse is guilty of
is noise pollution.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

May be. I know here it's either bluegrass, country, southern, 80's hair band(and 70's classic rock), or death metal. Now in the inner-cities, I guess the rap culture is strong, but these are small towns. Some of the youth are into the rapper thing, but not many. I think here, for the most part, the culture is about family, about hunting, 4-wheeling and stuff like that. But on the topic at hand, targeting anyone based on their fashion is uncalled for. The cops could just as easily target the 'country' crowd. It seems like a huge civil rights violation. What ever happened to not being in trouble unless you actually commit a crime? I guess now, everyone is guilty until proven innocent. That's really what this is about.
edit on 9-1-2014 by Fylgje because: forgot to add something

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

That's what I was thinking, "they are still singing together?"

Oh yes, hatchet man and juggalo, I can't believe how many 20 year-olds still like them. And I have yet to meet a 20 year-old, hardworking, productive individual that likes them. Yes, the 20 year-olds I know that like them, well.....they aren't exactly what you would call productive citizens.

But as a founding group of a musical genre, they aren't as bad as other types.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The only crime is that Insane Clown Posse are taken seriously as rappers. Id never heard of them before this thread, now i know why!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

grey580

It's a world of contradictions. Interesting in a stupid and pointless sort of way.

Contradictions definitely.

But the joke is on their fans. ICP have been evangelical christians all this time.

Very interesting. ICP is christian music. lol

Maybe Westboro Baptist Christians lol!! Insane is absolutely spot on!

My sister and her (ex) longtime boyfriend were Juggalette/Juggalo and went driving to different states for these weird Woodstock-esque days long concert events. Lots of drinking, drug taking, rape, fighting and only they know what else. When not traveling around for said events, which was actually most of the time, they would hang out in her boyfriend's moms basement smoking weed and drinking hard liquor. Disgusting really. Now don't get me wrong, her boyfriend had a 3rd shift job in a factory of some sort making styrofoam containers, so he was employed. However that's where they "productive citizen" act ended. They had a constant case open with Child Social Services, he didn't have a driver's license but drove anyway, showers were rare, as were hair cuts, personal grooming and laundry. My sister sat at home and chain smoked while surfing the interwebs and fighting with his mother. I knew a few of their friends who were also in the "Posse" and their lifestyles were pretty much the same.

If my sister's ex knew they were claiming to be Christians, well honestly I think his head would have exploded!! That is the exact opposite of their belief system, if you can call it that. He got out of drug testing by saying he was Buddist or some such and taking any fluids or hair from his body would be sacrilege. My sister has almost always considered herself Pagan in some form or another as well (not in ANY way implying Eastern Religions or Paganism is wrong, just the fact that they were used for nefarious purposes by these two). These were not exactly salt of the earth people, HOWEVER, they weren't inherently bad either... just not good.

I don't know what to make of ICP "Defending Their Fans" against the FBI, probably publicity. How else could you keep album and concert sales up after such a long haul with such a reputation. Good bands keep these things up via good music, i.e. the Rolling Stones, U2, the Beatles, etc. It's the only thing I can think.

And this just leads me down the never-ending rabbit hole of thhe possibility that God=Satan and Satan=God, just sayin...

alienjuggalo
reply to post by grey580

edit on 9-1-2014 by IrishCream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

You should read the Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony. Read them in order. I think its 7 books. The end assessment is that our attribution of good and evil between satan and god are reversed. It was an interesting thought study for a 25 year old Bigfatfurrytexan.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

They are Christians????

Well now, I've heard it all. Hopefully they aren't as bad as The Melvins, I'm still wondering what Buzz is so angry about. This Screamo stuff, that's got to be the worst.

Yes, the girl playing bass, Lorax, is Lori Black the daughter of Shirley Temple Black. I guess they have fans as well.

All of this stems from Punk, which is anarchy, which is really insane, which is really clowns as well. I don't know, maybe people really do like this stuff, but I don't know why.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks texan, I will definitely look into that! And as per (what is becoming) the usual, thanks for the bread crumbs my friend!

reply to post by WarminIndy

I am not the one saying they're Christian, it was grey580 and alienjuggalo who brought that bit of info to my attention. I was familiar with the group, but I find it extremely hard to believe that they identify themselves with the Evangelical Christian Sect. In fact, even the video evidence I quoted and alienjuggalo originally posted doesn't scream Christian. They didn't say "Jesus" once, nor did they quote any New Testament biblical scripture as Christians are prone to do. They simply say they follow "God", who's god or which god... well?!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'll never forget the episode of Tosh.0 in which he had a Juggalo fan do a "web redemption". I'd youtube it but I can't ATM.

It was HILLARIOUS. It also showed that the ICP guys are actually fairly "normal" when they're not in character.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Remember when we were told that Ozzy Osbourne was fired from Black Sabbath because he was a "closet Christian"?

I have heard a lot of Christian bands, and not one of them include "insane" in their names. When I was young, I was also told that Queen was so named in honor of Queen Elizabeth, oh the things we learn when we get older. I think they say those things because it makes it a little easier for the listeners to grasp.

But not one of the people I know who listen to ICP would ever think they were Christian. I suppose that we should have gotten a clue from alienjuggalo, the username says it all.

I'm still wondering though, what exactly is the purpose of hatchetman? Is he wielding the hatchet because he just likes to run with it, or is he actually supposed to use it?

But as hatchetman is their icon, didn't Iron Maiden have a giant thing called Eddie? And as I sit here thinking about it, Alice Cooper says he was a Christian all along, and I am remembering the video of him slicing his arm with a sword.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
I'll never forget the episode of Tosh.0 in which he had a Juggalo fan do a "web redemption". I'd youtube it but I can't ATM.

It was HILLARIOUS. It also showed that the ICP guys are actually fairly "normal" when they're not in character.

Is it something like Cosplay then for fans to dress like that?

Trekkies started it all. Now we have Cosplay and ICP juggalos dressing in character. Hmm, I suppose the SCA now has competition.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

That's the first thing I thought of when I seen this thread. So I just had to post the video for people who need an even bigger laugh. Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

That kid is about as dangerous as my Shih-Tzu/Border Terrier mix dog. Yes, a loud bark but still runs and hides from every person who comes in the door.

Now if he had a mohawk and sporting diaper pins all over his face, then I might be frightened a little. But surely this kid's parents must have a lot of pride in him.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

Hahahhahahahaha lolololol!!!!!! OMG, gotta breathe!!!! Whoooosssaaaaaa!!!!

Okay, I'm better now. We watch a lot of Tosh.0 in this house and I always find him distastefully hilarious, this video follows suit. Daniel's sense of humor matches ours (my oldest son's mostly) on many levels and his witty sarcasm at nimrods' expense is just down right funny. I find myself as the mother having to interject, often through peels of my own laughter, and tell my kids that it's insulting and not nice to make fun of the common sense challenged.

This was the best, Tosh: "Have you ever been to a Gathering Of The Juggalos?" Juggalo kid:"No, I was thinking of going this year though." Tosh: "Oh, where is it?" Kid: "Illinios." Tosh: "Illinios, hmm, both of them?" Kid: dead eye stare... priceless!

Okay wait, why are ICP filing a lawsuit to defending these people again?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If the authorities designate their brand as gang related then people will be scared away from buying their merchandise (their bread and butter) - that affects the duos bottom line - money. I don't believe this has much to do, ultimately, with defending their fan base. I listened to them as a teenager until I realized what I was cheering for. Cops DO treat it like a gang (right or wrong) and a hatchet-man anywhere on you or your vehicle is like a damn magnet. I read Violent J's biography "Behind the Paint" years ago and found they both acted like they really wanted to be thugs at least for the added shock value over and above their visual shtick - now they're getting the attention and realizing the consequences (again - right or wrong).

It's pretty amusing - even though I swear I remember hearing about this a long time ago. I guess the system really is backed up with crap on crap on crap lol.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Probably a fair representation of ICP fan base. The kind who buy merch and albums and dvds... The very people who ICP need to maintain their livelihood. If I could I'd probably sue everyone who threatened my livelihood, but I'm too poor and unimportant for that to go anywhere.

BTW notice all the FayGo soda on the table? Anyone who drinks that is not lethal. Nice subliminal huh?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join