It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Attacks Nemesis Starr and Media in TV Outburst

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
In an interview with Peter Jennings of ABC News, former President Bill Clinton lashed out at Ken Starr and the media for thier conduct during the investigation of the Whitewater scandal and the Impeachment proceedings.

(11-19) 15:55 PST LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) --
In a prime-time television outburst, Bill Clinton ripped old nemesis Kenneth Starr and what the former president portrayed as a gullible media eager to report every "sleazy thing" leaked from a prosecutor bent on bringing him down.

The exchange came in an interview with ABC news anchor Peter Jennings that aired Thursday night, hours after Clinton opened his $165 million presidential library. Clinton blasted Starr and spoke disdainfully of a national media that he suggested was complicit in a scheme to ruin his presidency.

"No other president ever had to endure someone like Ken Starr," Clinton said. "No one ever had to try to save people from ethnic cleansing in the Balkans, and people in Haiti from a military dictator that was murdering them, and all the other problems I dealt with, while every day an entire apparatus was devoted to destroying him."

The former president said he would go to his grave at peace that, while he had personal failings, he never lied to the American people about his job as president. Clinton added that he doesn't care about what his detractors think about him. Jennings then said it seemed to him that Clinton did care.

www.sfgate.com.../news/archive/2004/11/19/national1855EST0672.DTL

Former President Clinton remains convinced that he was the victim of a vast right-wing conspiracy during the Whitewater investigation by Special Prosecutor Kenneth Starr and the impeachment proceedings stemming from his conduct with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

Clinton insisted that he had made a public personal mistake and that he had paid dearly for it and that he didn't care what others thought. When Jennings challenged Clinton about his feelings, Clinton became agitated and told Jennings that it was a matter Jennings would be better off not pursuing. Then the former President accused the media of complicity with the Starr investigation.

Mr. Clinton, its seems, is not willing to deal directly with his personal conduct during that difficult period of his adminstration and is quick to attack others to deflect attention from his actions.

Mr. Clinton had a similar outburst with a British journalist during an interview earlier this year.

www.newsmax.com...

www.azcentral.com...

www.theage.com.au...

news.scotsman.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Former President Clinton remains convinced that he was the victim of a vast right-wing conspiracy during the Whitewater investigation by Special Prosecutor Kenneth Starr and the impeachment proceedings stemming from his conduct with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

Well? It sure looked like it from where I was sitting. Every night the Republicans would proclaim some new nasty tidbit. I say "so what" if he got some tail, at least he didn't screw every Amercan he could like Dubyah is about to.

Loyal Conservatives note: Please be sure to invest in American Bonds and the stock market to the fullest extent you can.

The rest of us will buy gold and silver.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw that. I sooo wanted to tell Clinton to get over it. I mean, the man's been out of office for four years now.

It really seems to be an attempt to keep the pot stirring about the Democratic loss alomst three weeks ago.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The problem was that the republicans couldn't get over Clinton beating Bush in the first place in 92'. Clinton was almost impeached for having an affair while he was president, Bush sent a country to war with untrue pre-tenses, but democrats didn't go impeach him once we found out the truth about Iraq. It's a double standard it seems.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

"No other president ever had to endure someone like Ken Starr," Clinton said. "No one ever had to try to save people from ethnic cleansing in the Balkans, and people in Haiti from a military dictator that was murdering them, and all the other problems I dealt with, while every day an entire apparatus was devoted to destroying him."

Whoa, wait just a fricking minute there. President Clinton broke the U.D. when he sent back 70 thousand Hatian refugees back into the hands of rebels...

Deep

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
....then there is the (not so) small matter that Clinton is right.

There was a deliberate conspiracy to hobble his presidency all the way through with those continual nagging attacks.

Come on guys, own up and admit it.....even members of the original conspircay have come forward and admitted it, how come you can't?

(by the way "nemesis"?!
wow, that's some high opinion of the multi-million $ funded failure!)

[edit on 22-11-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

top topics

join