It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku, Democracy Now, Bring in the military...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I do not understand why every publication only speaks of Cesium or Iodine as the only radioactive substances released (think of all the other baddie products that where released such as, actual nuclear fuel), nor do I understand why they claim it's harmless. There is difference between naturally occurring radiation in things such as bananas and tree nuts and the industrial radiation and waste that should never have made contact with the environment or atmosphere.

With every tide, nuclear industrial uranium and plutonium fuel spread by the explosions and fires, in contact with the water table, is soaked up and brought out to the ocean. Why is it when the levels of Iodine are reported the levels of other compounds released with the Iodine are not? I’m talking about the nastier stuff that last for months and years like strontium and cesium.

Yes it’s true all the levels are less than an x-ray; but you are not visiting a dentist every day. However you are drinking and ingesting contaminated food daily and the doses are culminate for a lifetime. If you had 30 years of daily exposure to a contaminated food chain or environment your risk of cancers is much higher than a day visit to the same place. Living on the west coast vs visiting the west coast.

Yea, that Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America report does address the finite scope of blue fin tuna for the summer/fall of 2011, it doesn't address the food chain as a whole or other sources of ingestion or continued contamination of the environment.

I feel that any publication made from an identity that receives federal funding should read with the view that they are not going to tell the public outright anything that would be harmful to the bottom line of their constituents.

In this case the Pacific fishing industry, from your linked PDF "Given the fear-driven media attention following the discovery of Cs isotopes in California-caught tuna, our dose calculations should help the public quantitatively assess the risk associated with consumption of these popular fish."

What is sad is that the Soviets contained Chernobyl within weeks with sand and concrete. Its been years and Japan is still erecting covers... its the Japan, US and Canada that will deal with the Fallout for generations.... the best thing you can do is educate yourself and your friends and make plans to compensate for this industrial disaster.
edit on 1/9/2014 by Semaphore527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Kaku is wrong regardless how old this video is. Apparently, per another thread it doesn't matter because we're not all dead yet....

Once we're all dead than we can worry about it. Its late, go back to sleep.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'm glad mr. Kaku is telling it like it is! They don't want us to know what they do, they want to be prepared and see us sink. We need to get not only some potassium iodine, also some natural zeolyte!

natural immunity

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by onequestion

If there is one dude I really like and listen to it is him, I was a bit sceptical but If it comes from him my view is going to change.
(will watch vid soon it is time for tea for me).
edit on 8-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Kaku spends way too much time in front of a camera for the MSM for me to believe a word he says, however I think Fukushima is very serious - DESPITE - Kaku.

I dont trust him an inch, I prefer to look at data.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Semaphore527
I do not understand why every publication only speaks of Cesium or Iodine as the only radioactive substances released (think of all the other baddie products that where released such as, actual nuclear fuel), nor do I understand why they claim it's harmless.

The reason why iodine and Cesium are widely reported is due to the effect on human health, these elements get readily absorbed by the thyroid - so they impact us more directly and do more damage at lower concentrations than other elements.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The Japanese government should listen to Michio kaku the man is absolutely right about this. Put those damn Reactors into concrete and start using nuclear fusion instead or wind and solar powered energy . We should ban all nuclear powerplants all over the world . Hiw many times do we have to see this happen before we understand?Forewarned is fore armed.

It's sad for Michio to see the land of his Birth going to be ruined for the second time. .
edit on 0b24America/ChicagoFri, 10 Jan 2014 05:35:24 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 10 Jan 2014 05:35:24 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Iodine isn't going to help at this point, really what a joke.

Actually Truth is we are Toasted folks. Scorched. Game Over.

So...since it will take a couple of centuries for that to culminate, I guess we should just try to make the best of our lives now.
*It's way more than just a few meltdowns it's countless problems at each turn you make in pretty much all areas of human life.

Therefore I am certain we need to consider ourselves Dead Man Walking.
Don't take anything for granted anymore.
Live life to it's fullest, Love everyone and make the best of the poor hand we have been dealt.

So basically since the ones who are are in charge, the authority, won't do the right thing, well, we are truly screwed.
Oh well, why bother being upset anymore?
Go out laughing! It's all a sick joke anyway isn't it?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Now I know why science searches for time travelers they hope that man survives all this . Because timetravelers are us in the future no timetravelers no future. ..And I also know now why multidimensional beings warn us to stop using atomic energy or bombs. Because if our dimension colapse dimensions that live alongside will eventually fall too like a Domino effect

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
What get's me is that they still ant to build more of the bloody things!! When will they ever learn?
Safe, not safe, safe, not safe ... nothing is safe. You cannot beat the wrath of Mother nature and in my book she is seriously pissed of at the moment. Look at the wider picture. Greed, that is all it is, pure greed. To keep the rich in the luxury they feel they deserve. 24 hours electricity keeping the cogs turning to make those luxury goods for the elite.
They are meant to be building more here in England. ffs!! where would we go when the cost cutting private firms balls it up? The road to nowhere. Its all very well bringing in the French nuclear experts, but they haven't planned an escape route for when it all goes wrong ... and it will! They can piss off back to France, we can't!!

hx

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Guess what? Greenpeace calls me for membership to take action on the northpole .. I furious declined , told them ro start taking action at the nuclear waste site at fukashima. I had this half hour conversation with this woman who worked of course for a telemarketing company. She didn't even know what happened their.. she was amazed and could fully understand why I wouldn't participate .
I told her if I see green peace protesting at the fukashima site I would donate. .. dumb@$$3 $

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The earth has cancer, Japan cancer, and its speading fast.
This is not good. It will affect the whole globe if the leak continues. Such an impact on the life forms on the pacific, the biggest ocean, will definitely alter life on other parts, its all connected, and this will undoubtedly affect life forms from other parts of the world. Im talking about the food chain here.
This is a cancer, no doubt about it, it could mark our existence.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Ha! id like to see that!
They are funded by TPTB, they will never get near fuku, and prolly try not to even mention the issue.
Global warming, that what they try to sell us right now.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

onequestion
Well, i have to take his word for it because hes one of the words leading physicst.

Hate to be the sour grapes, the note of dissention, but! And this is a very important "BUT";

Dr. Kaku IS MOST CERTAINLY NOT one of the worlds leading scientists; he is a run of the mill physics professor from New York University, with a Television contract. And, only mediocre writers.

Most of what he tell us is BS, and speculation...

Truly amazing...y'all raise him to the status of a demi-god.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by payta

I hope they recorded that conversation . And sent that to the CEO .She constantly said that I knew allot about this topic , she didn't even cut me off for the amount of time I took to tell my story. . However I opologized to her and said that my rant wasn't adressed to her..Ill bet she's searching the Internet and probably we have a new member. .
edit on 0b17America/ChicagoFri, 10 Jan 2014 10:26:17 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 10 Jan 2014 10:26:17 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Bottom line it is that it is just a matter of time.
How bad is bad?
We shall soon see folks... this I fear.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Potassium Iodide will protect you from Radioactive Iodide ONLY!
nuclear bombs Dont use that. or nuclear power stations.

so Why are they telling us to use it?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Where do you think it comes from?
radioactive iodine involving accidents or fission wiki

This is a byproduct, and it fills the thyroid so it can not absorb anything...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DogMeat

so you are saying it is only leaking radioactive Iodine?
if so, stupid me...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

I think people respect him cos of his nutty types of civilizations idea,
and imagine, people just lapping that up.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Considering some of the other unmitigated and completely unscientific BS he tries to sell as inevitable and or scientifically sound...

I'd take this with a grain of salt.

However,

As much as I hate kaku... I think he's probably right on fuku being a bad deal and probably one that will have lasting and horrific effects if we don't do somethign about it soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join