It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku, Democracy Now, Bring in the military...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Dr. Kaku basically states that there is a massive coverup and we need to buy more iodine then the government. Bring the military and entomb it. Its out of control and its in the food supply.

Well, i have to take his word for it because hes one of the words leading physicst. I'm an ignoramous. When doctor Kaku needs advice on boxing training i hope he comes to me but when it comes to nuclear physics, i will go to him.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

If there is one dude I really like and listen to it is him, I was a bit sceptical but If it comes from him my view is going to change.
(will watch vid soon it is time for tea for me).
edit on 8-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Saw this the other day. Yet, we still have deniers

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

This video is at least six months old and if I am correct more like two years old. I just visited his website and I see nothing recent about Fukushima at all. Could he have been wrong? Only time will tell.

While I am certain that the damage from Fukushima is quite serious I have found a recent group of scientists that are saying the damage to the oceans from Fukushima is not all that serious yet.

I will post up the article shortly in another thread as I don't want to take anything from yours.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
That video is 2 years old.

Here is the original.

Uploadet den 14/04/2011

edit on 8-1-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

While I am certain that the damage from Fukushima is quite serious I have found a recent group of scientists that are saying the damage to the oceans from Fukushima is not all that serious yet.
reply to post by Mamatus

Skepticism is healthy. If someone is telling you the ecosystem is safe for human consumption, ask them for the test results from the mass spectroscopy lab.

Without that, all you have is speculation. The first move by the authoritarians is to actively manage the information flow from the government monitors and IMO that means the test labs too. Once that first hot test result comes back, the lab might just go out of business fast.

No amount of ingested Cs137 is safe.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Radiation is bad, that I will not disagree with. In fact I truly think Fuku will be a ELE event, unlike an asteroid hit this killer is invisible, slow and impossible to identify as anything other than cancer.

All that being said I try to look for the upside. This link leads to what seems to be a counter view of Fuku's effect on our oceans at this time. deepseanews.com... These marine scientists are made up of the type of people that are usually alarmists. Conservationists, Environmentalists and all in all they are fairly young.

It is worth reading some of the articles.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

That video is 2 years old.

Here is the original.

Uploadet den 14/04/2011

I was about to say the same thing. He mentions in the video that it's still not as bad as Chernobyl. 2 years ago it probably wasn't, but now it is well beyond Chernobyl. This is by far the worste nuclear disaster in history.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I don't know if i should disagree or agree to you, but i allways try to keep levelheaded and learn about the things i have low knowledge about, and that means..." Do not take anything posted on ATS as facts, as they seems to blow everything out of proportion, cause they to lack the knowledge.

There are a lot of articles and videos out there that explain things in a more knowledgeable way, but only the ones with doom in it gets posted on ATS.

It's sad cause it's many times disinfo, and is also why ATS is very quiet, people get tired of it in the end, cause the real facts gets overlooked, and they stop looking at ATS, as a place with knowledge and wellinformed people.

Here is a video of Chernobyl VS Fukushima, that does bring some interesting facts on the table that dosn't fit in to doom and gloom.

And here are some more facts that people in here seem to avoid.

CLICK ME

We are going to hear about Fukushima for a very long time, and we are going to see a lot of those threads that claims that "we are all going to die"(Especialy if you live in the US) on ATS, but realisticly it is very local, though a big local area, but no where near the ELE level ATS wants as to believe.

edit on 9-1-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
No amount of radiation is safe. Even my own doctor told me this a couple of years ago when I kept coming in with chest pains and all together I had 3 chest x-rays done. I was worried about radiation, and asked the doctor if there was a big risk with the chest x-rays, and he said that with any x-ray there is a risk and that even the smallest amount is not safe. Why do you think the AMA changed it's recommendations on women have yearly mammograms? They finally figured out that it was not necessary and all of that radiation was actually causing cancer in the breast tissue.

Of course there are going to be deniers, we know people in California around the coast who have tuned it all out. But there is going to come a time really soon, I'm afraid, where no one can tune this out. I myself cannot continue to ignore it, and what really did it for me was the radiated snow in Missouri. At this point, I'm seeing the msm in my area scramble to try and disinfo the heck out of all of it. No need to worry, they say. Well, if there's no need to worry, then why did DHS buy up all that potassium iodide? For a party?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

I don't think every one is going to die, but, I do believe we are going to see an uptick in cancer in many people, especially those whose immune function is lowered by disease or other pre-existing conditions. But when you have animals and sea creatures getting sick, that's not a good sign at all. As I said in another post, we have some family up in Nome and other parts of Alaska who exist literally on their fish and they told me that the latest salmon they caught was bloodied around the gills, sick looking, and odd colored.

I think the uptick in cancer will be so incredibly huge, that everyone may know someone, who has it.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Aisling
reply to post by Mianeye

I don't think every one is going to die, but, I do believe we are going to see an uptick in cancer in many people, especially those whose immune function is lowered by disease or other pre-existing conditions. But when you have animals and sea creatures getting sick, that's not a good sign at all. As I said in another post, we have some family up in Nome and other parts of Alaska who exist literally on their fish and they told me that the latest salmon they caught was bloodied around the gills, sick looking, and odd colored.

I think the uptick in cancer will be so incredibly huge, that everyone may know someone, who has it.

Yes, i do to believe that some people will get cancer from this, but the majority of those people will live in Japan.

If the radiation from Fukushima is killing or making animal life in Alaska sick, then pretty much all life around Japan and in Chernobyl should be sick or dead, and there is so far nothing showing such a disaster.

There are some cool docu's out there about animal life around Chernobyl, and they show that life tends to continue as normal.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

I don't know if i should disagree or agree to you, but i allways try to keep levelheaded and learn about the things i have low knowledge about, and that means...

Believe what ever you want to believe. Chernobyl was dealt with quickly and encased in steel and cement, only 1 reactor was damaged in Chernobyl, not 3 as in the Fukushima incident, Chernobyl didn't have spent fuel pools to deal with and there was far less nuclear material involved in the disaster. The Fukushima disaster has been going on for 3 years now, the whole time they have been pouring sea water on the reactors and then allowing that water to leak into the ocean. It doesn't take a genius to see that this is worse than Chernobyl, it takes basic common sense. I never mentioned anything about everyone dying, obviously it's not that serious, you are marginalizing the issue and diverting attention away from the true problem. Just because the human race will survive does not mean it isn't a serious problem.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

It's been 25 years since chernobyl, they didn't contain the radiation quickly as you are saying, they are still working on containing it, and to top it of yes Fukushima is bigger but the contaimination is less...So far that is, it can ofcause change when more data is realeased, but you won't see that for a long time

Here is a comparison of Fukushima and Chernobyl in numbers

CLICK ME

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Mianeye

CLICK ME

I have seen that wiki page before, it is vastly outdated. Check the dates on the source articles such as the BBC one. That data is from 2011. Typical of a controversial Wikipedia article really. Completely useless and biased. If you expect to get real data from Wikipedia about an event like this you are going to be disappointed.

EDIT: you also need to keep in mind how difficult it is to measure the actual amount of radiation released due the fact so much of it is being released into the ocean and diluted. They have been diluting it like that from the very start, and they are leaking it into the ocean on purpose whether they admit it or not.
edit on 9/1/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder

Mianeye

CLICK ME

I have seen that wiki page before, it is vastly outdated. Check the dates on the source articles such as the BBC one. That data is from 2011. Typical of a controversial Wikipedia article really. Completely useless and biased. If you expect to get real data from Wikipedia about an event like this you are going to be disappointed.

But, it's still better than you posting nothing but what you think.

And i do know that those numbers are not exact, but they are still numbers released as facts.

EDIT: you also need to keep in mind how difficult it is to measure the actual amount of radiation released due the fact so much of it is being released into the ocean and diluted. They have been diluting it like that from the very start, and they leaking it into the ocean on purpose whether they admit it or not.

Which is sad and wrong, but still the ONLY option they have.
edit on 9-1-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

And i do know that those numbers are not exact, but they are still numbers released as facts.

I was not disputing the precision of the numbers, I'm saying they are outdated. The only numbers it supplies in relation to the amount of radiation released says 900 PBq was released "into the atmosphere in March last year [2011] alone". So according to that Wiki article, in just one month of 2011 900 PBq was released. It has now been 3 years... you do the math on that.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I just found the latest estimated numbers , and they do show Fukushima releasing more than chernobyl.

CLICK ME

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Inside fukushima reactor 4...I am sure all info is not given..

but if u want to see inside,sorry don't know how to post new thread or embed video...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I have read the thread, watched the vid, it doesn't matter if the vid is 2 years old or 30. It's a bad deal all around.

Nuclear reactors for power is a good thing.....HOWEVER......No one seems to look ahead, and say,

" Hey, If this happens, what is the contingency plan???"

It's too much to ask these days I guess.

No one looks ahead, or looks at all possibilities.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join