It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me story about your scars...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hi guys, I would like to ask you, how did you get your scars? Do you have any?
Do you have any scars that are visible? That are on your face perhaps? How big are they? How do you feel about them, how did you get them? Have you been emotionally attached to them?

I have 1 myself, basically it is 2, I from cystic pimple, raised, and another one from microdermabrasion, it is connected to cystic pimple one. This scar, or 2 scars, are very slightly raised and they are on my nose. It is half an inch long (both scars together).

I tried getting over them, but it is very difficult. I tried fixing them, but only made them worse.
edit on 8-1-2014 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
When I was 18 I left home to go uni. I lived in halls. On the girl I fancied corridor a mature student lived who seemed cool, wrote hip hop lyrics and had some weapons collection haha he smoked herbal cigs too haha.
I didn't know he was skizophrenic, but he was. He cut my throught twice stabbed me through the arm made a deep cut in my right hand between my fingers and sliced my face as I struggled to get away
I had to have over sixty stitches and my tendon reconstructed! It was a very serious murder attempt! I was lucky according to the doctors, my nerve was right on show so I could have lost the use of my little fingers in my left hand, I'm a guitarist so that would have been terrible!
Haha I didn't want to worry my rents so I didn't tell them til after I'd recovered from being fixed in the plastic surgery dept of the hospital. Needless to say I dated the girl for two years...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

My scars are huge and visible if you look, but go unnoticed always...
I also have a huge scar on my left leg lol, fell on glass drunk climbing a wall, just counted n its 26 stitches long

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Lagrimas
When I was 18 I left home to go uni. I lived in halls. On the girl I fancied corridor a mature student lived who seemed cool, wrote hip hop lyrics and had some weapons collection haha he smoked herbal cigs too haha.
I didn't know he was skizophrenic, but he was. He cut my throught twice stabbed me through the arm made a deep cut in my right hand between my fingers and sliced my face as I struggled to get away
I had to have over sixty stitches and my tendon reconstructed! It was a very serious murder attempt! I was lucky according to the doctors, my nerve was right on show so I could have lost the use of my little fingers in my left hand, I'm a guitarist so that would have been terrible!
Haha I didn't want to worry my rents so I didn't tell them til after I'd recovered from being fixed in the plastic surgery dept of the hospital. Needless to say I dated the girl for two years...

Wow, I am glad you are alive. What happened to that guy?

Where were you exactly sliced?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I hold many scars within and one that's visible, but my hair covers it.

I fell off a balcony at a dance club. I don't know how because my brain blocked that out or I had been drugged.

I fell one story onto concrete stairs. My head split above my left temple. My hair doesn't grow in that spot, but my other hair covers it so you can't even tell. I just measured it and it's exactly 2inches long of a scar.

I had traumatic brain injury due to this fall... It didn't kill me but won't let me rest.
--- this fall happened in August of 2008, I was 25 years old---

I've been thinking of writing a thread about my fall... But I always put it off...

Have a nice day

Peace and love
-nat the blue eyed cat-

edit on 8-1-2014 by natalia because: Spelling or grammar

edit on 8-1-2014 by natalia because: Added age and date

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have one on my back about the size of the palm of my hand where I was scalded as an infant by a hot cup of tea. It's most noticable in summer when I tan but it stays pure white. I get tired of trying to explain to people what happened but at least most of the year it is covered by clothing.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have a scar of the side of my face under my right ear gong vertical about 2 inches.

I was out shooting one day (with a VERY cheap rifle, no safty, badly build, parts wobbled on it like the trigger unit) i sat down to wait for the pigeons to come back and i just lightly put the butt of the gun on the floor as i sat down and it went off, slicing the side of my face and going through the bottom of my ear lobe.

At first i thought "damn that was close and boy is it hot, man i am sweating" wiped my face feeling trickle of a bead of sweat, it was not sweat, "oh #" but i felt the grove and my ear and gave a long sigh in thanks it wasnt any deeper, it bled A LOT.

Needless to say i was very lucky there it wasnt in the neck. My grandmother, whos farm i was at, nearly had a heart attack. My grandfather thought it was funny, hes was pretty hardcore war vet and forest man - so i let him off since he knew exactly how bad it actually was not and that came as another relief, if it was bad he wouldnt be laughing (despite all the blood).

The scar you probably wouldnt notice now unless pointed out or got close to my face, again lucky.

I Destroyed the gun and bought a good quality one with a DAMNED SAFTY. Never had anything close to that happen since.

All the rest of my scars are barely noticeable bike road rashes and a small V i once cut in my finger using a pen knife, a simply slip while whittling arrows for my new bow.

I apologize for my terrible story telling, i could use a lesson.

edit on 8-1-2014 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Farnhold

Lagrimas

Wow, I am glad you are alive. What happened to that guy?

Where were you exactly sliced?

He got arrested tried and put in a institution, someone I know saw him out and about in the region around five years later.
The scars are two on my throat and one is my left arm about three inches from my wrist, the drunken leg one on my left thigh.
Thanks for the best wishes, but I was never going to die that day

I always used to tell my mum I wanted to be nearly murdered like in scream, the way this happened in a dark alley behind halls, no one was around and I ran off gushing blood and panting with him stood behind me... a silhouette holding a knife... I got my wish!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I have a few.

On my forehead I have one from an abusive ex who pushed me into a cabinet and I had to get staples. So I will always remember him because of this but not in a fond way.

I have one on my side from chicken pox as a kid, then there is a small one on my left thigh from a crazy night at work years ago. My friend and I were hanging out and this drunk guy pushed us and I fell into a table and got a huge gash. It required liquid stitches.

I think those are all the external scars I have. Now internal scars, I have a few.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I have a scar on my left bicep, grown folks tell the kids to not play with knives - I learned the hard way back in high school.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My first scars came from my sister stabbing me with a fork in the forehead when I was a week or so old. She got me at the top of the nose and on the lower forehead. I guess it was jelousy, everyone was paying attention to me and looking at the odd birthmark on my lower forehead. The doctor removed it after she stabbed it. She never stabbed me again. She did tell me that cats fall on their feet when I was sitting on a branch in a tree when I was about four. I was only maybe six feet off the ground. I jumped and they had to carry me into the house because I was knocked out. The doctors made house visits those days. I am still around, I have lost that scar, I think I lost a lot of scars when I was taking the Topamax for my epilepsy. The drug didn't work that well on the epilepsy but it did make scars go away.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Scars? Sometimes I think the only thing holding me together is scar tissue.

Scars are a personal autobiography of life's little mishaps.

I've too many to list.

Interesting stories though.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

mblahnikluver

I have one on my side from chicken pox as a kid

Oh god, me too..but I forgot about it.

Mom told me not to scratch that one...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You wanna know how I got these scars? My father was a drinker... and a fiend.

But seriously, I have hockey scars all over. Too many to count. Pucks, sticks, blades, fists are all contributors to my many scars. Lots of great memories. Wouldn't trade them for the world.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

My top lip was split by a sovereign ring , attached to the fist of a chav moron. It required a few stitches, and the site contains granular tissue even now, ten years later. I got hit over the back of the head with a bottle at the same moment, and they had to glue that wound shut, which I was grateful for because I did not want the doctor to shave my head to stitch it. I have a scar where I had my TB shot, but that got covered over by a tattoo a few years ago.

I have two diagonal scars over my pelvic area, where corrective surgery was required after some bastard kid at primary school kicked me in the nuts so hard that my nuts ended up in my abdomen, and when I was five I had to have a surgical circumcision, which the first doctor made a mess of, and had to be corrected later. There's scar evidence for that.

Oh, also my knee on my left leg has a graze scar where I tripped at a full run on asphalt. I had to pull fourteen individual chunks of the road out of the wound before cleaning and binding it, and there is still a slightly pink mark where the road met my knee cap, two years later.

I also have greying hair, and I do not dye it. I look at my face, my body, my hair, as being like rings in great oaks. I bear the marks I have gained with pride, because despite whatever happens to my body, or my spirit, I am still here, and still rocking out. They are nothing more than evidence as to where I have been, and what I have survived. They are part of me, and I would never seek to change them.
edit on 8-1-2014 by TrueBrit because: Paragraph breaks

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Pm me

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Like Beezer, Im held together by scar tissue... and Im a female! LOL! Dont be ashamed of your scars!

My very first scars are on my face. Mom said dont jump on the bed.. I did and I hit the footboard with my face. My teeth went through my lip. Mom said dont run like a maniac at the laundrymat. I did.. my left eyebrow caught the corner of a table.. dented my browbone and have a scar.
Years of idiocy and the sport I love have left their marks over those years. I even got bit in the face by a tarantula I was treating and it left a pit scar. My whole life can be read by my scars! I have scars that I dont even know how I got them anymore. One of my most curious scar that I get asked about is the cluster of hole type scars on my back. I went dove hunting and got shot in the back by some idiot that didnt know that if you shoot.. those pellets sometimes hit things. I didnt know I was shot.. I thought someone pushed me.. and I was PISSED. LMAO!! I was doubly pissed when I noticed the blood. Good thing it wasnt deer season... LOL!

My latest scar? Well... That happened not too long ago. I found a dirt bike or pit bike thing cheap on craigslist. Im old and forget that fact sometimes. My oldest daughter, her friends, and I went to a trail by some old mines. I tried to jump over a dry creek bed and WHACK... I tore my knee apart and have a torn acl to boot. The bike didnt survive...

Its a good thing I heal quickly! Ive said before.. when I die and Im on the table.. the morgue guy will take a look at the scars and tattoos and say " Damn, she lived a hell of a life!"

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have a 3 or so inch scar on my right wrist. I was struck with a "samurai" style sword. It severed my artery. Didn't hurt though. An ER visit, and some stiches after the fact and I was good to go.

I also have a large scar on my right forearm where I went through a glass window in a house.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

when i was 7 i had open heart surgery to correct a birth defect. my heart and lungs were bunched together and mispositioned. so i have a scar going across my chest (under my breasts).
when i was 17 i was hit by a car while riding my bike. i have a scar that goes around my left leg just below the knee (20" laceration requiring 200 stitches). my leg is also misshapen from this.
in july/2012, i was attacked by a dog (while riding my bike). i have several scars from that on my left calf, left thigh and right buttock.
i have no issue with these scars. i would not say i am attached emotionally to them, but i do not resent them or the incidents that caused them.
scars represent experience and stories to be told; lessons to be learned. scars build character

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have a 1" long one on my thigh that I got running at the swimming pool. I caught my leg on the head of a bolt one the fence marking off the sunbathing area. Like a total idiot, I kept going all day. My thigh swelled up like a balloon afterward and it hurt to wear clothing on it, and I now have the nice big scar to show for it all.

I have a small white scar on my left index finger that I got from nitric acid in high school chem lab. I was doing a lab that really needed two people with a partner who was more or less useless. I didn't notice that I'd gotten really strong acid on my finger until I was most of the way through the next hour and my finger started to really burn. By the time I got to wear I could try to clean it out, I had a deep pit with blackened edges on my finger.

I also have two surgery scars. One for cervical surgery. I was called zipper neck for a while, but I've never actually seen it. The other is a C-section scar.

And despite the fact that I ran hurdles from junior high through college, I managed to not pick up any scars from that. I'm mildly surprised.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join