It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's No Such Thing As Reverse Racism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Oh I have read 1984, Syme talking about the destruction of language is one of the most subtly brilliant parts of the book. Twitter and texting have made this a reality. I don't think "reverse racism" is an attempt to carve meaning, I think the term was created to push an agenda that works against true equality.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Political correctness will be the death of us all.

Racism is racism. However, according to lame stream media, there is no such thing as racism towards whites. Whites are racist to even think that somebody is being racist towards them.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Political correctness will be the death of us all.

I couldn't agree more, imagine what would happen if Mel Brooks tried to release Blazing Saddles in today's climate.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Let me break it down as best as I can. Racism is by definition the belief that the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races. I looked up the definition on google as to be accurate. So now lets look at this 'reverse racism'. It's claiming that people of races that are of a different skin color than white need benefits and help that people of white skin color do not need; thus implying that the races that are getting the benefits are inferior to the races of people with white skin. Simply put, races with dark skin color need extra help because they are inferior to white races. Hence, racism. not reverse racism. Just plain and simple racism. It takes a little critical thinking to come to that conclusion, but just a little, not much at all. So, there you have it, racism is racism, no matter what TPTB decide to change the word to, it is still racism. This political correctness is making us all so dumb it's sad. Please see past it people, for the future of our children.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
People are unfortunately categorized by color today. Much like the fans of sports teams. The uniform (skin color) that they are wearing identifies who they are. Rarely do you see two Raiders fans duking it out in the parking lot. The Raiders fan will be fighting with the Chargers fan. Even though they know nothing else about each other. Skin color works the same way. When one race sees the other race they both make automatic assumptions. All races are guilty of this. All races have been brainwashed into believing stereotypes. Blacks are taught that whites oppress them even though most whites are in no position to oppress them. Whites are taught blacks are going to hurt them even though most blacks have no interest in hurting anyone. All we can do is teach our kids the right way but everybody has to do it, both sides will have to forgive the other.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Voyaging

Good point, quotas are inherently racist as they suggest minorities are not capable of succeeding on their own, therefor need help from the benevolent majority.

The movie "The Blind Side" is a great example of this type of mentality.
edit on Sun31Sun, 12 Jan 2014 14:31:50 -06003114Sun by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The reason it is called reverse racism is because the majority of people (at least in our government, etc.) believes that racism (discrimination by race) can only be against minorities. The reverse of discrimination against the minority is discrimination against the majority. So...to make sure it is easily understood by those of that mind-set...we call it reverse racism when the majority (caucasians) is discriminated against.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Yes, I fully understand the meaning, just disagree with the concept and need for classification.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

edit on Sun25Sun, 12 Jan 2014 19:25:09 -06003114Sun by DirtyD because: double post

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

I am white and Irish and I like colors but I hate evil doers.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

DirtyD
reply to post by Voyaging

Good point, quotas are inherently racist as they suggest minorities are not capable of succeeding on their own, therefor need help from the benevolent majority.

In the same way that the last couple of governments have tried to

increase and equalise to some degree the fe/male MP's in the cabinet by

'positive discrimination'?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

"Gender quotas" is a problematic concept.

Why aren't these same people asking for more women in politics and science advocating for more men in the beauty and hairdressing industries, for example?

Is it so hard to comprehend that men and women have different strengths and weaknesses, and that they tend to excel at certain occupations compared to others?

The whole notion of denying people opportunities because they share common characteristics with other people that have been privileged in the past makes no sense. Hiring somebody should be based on skills and merit; not skin colour or the gender of the potential applicant.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I think I would amend that to "Gender and Ethnic quotas"

I don't think you quite understood my post! I too (like you) believe people should be

employed, gain qualifications and be promoted according to their abilities -

disregarding 'race' and 'gender' - not as done at present ( the 'token' female or ethnic)

to hit targets and quotas to satisfy political agendas.

"Political correctness" gone mad!!....

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

I did misinterpret your reply, my apologies.

Glad to see we are on the same wavelength.

edit on 14/1/2014 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join