It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you taken time today to love yourself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Everyone in life has some sort of a routine. This of course doesn't mean life is predictable, but as humans it is fair to say that we have adapted protocols in our life.

At the very least we do these things daily.
We eat.
We (Hopefully get a healthy amount of) sleep (Daily).
We feel.
We think (Albeit some people think more then others)
and, we defecate.

Amongst others.

My question is that do you take the time to love yourself.

You can mentally and physically exercise, you can find ways to pass time in a healthy way pleasurably, and can do constructive activities. However, most important, this means absolutely nothing if you do not love yourself.

How can you find enjoyment in these activities if you do not have love for yourself within? How can you feel pleasure if you do not feel love for yourself? The key to a healthy life style is loving yourself. For if you love yourself, you'll be willing to go so much further to make that life style beneficial.

Imagine being obese or having a severe medical problem. Can you think of a better fuel to make you fight to lose that weight, or survive then having healthy love for yourself?

Do you meditate or practice some form of spirituality. How can such a practice or idea be complete if you don't love yourself.

I have always been a proponent of taking time out of my life to see the impact and significance my actions have on others. For it is my love for the immeasurable value I hold towards the life of humanity that gives my life (As it does yours and everyone you've ever known) infinite worth.

We have all suffered in some form or another (Some much more then others), we have all felt pain, sadness, and been caught up in the chaos life throws at us. But none of this changes the value we must hold on ourselves. When we take the time to realize how valuable our lives are, how thankful we should be to be alive (Knowing that regardless of circumstances we can make a difference in someone's life), we should also take time to love ourselves.

So H&W. Have you taken time to love yourself today?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Many might pass this thread by in their busy day of being subserviant to others. I didn't. A wonderful thread topic,and in this world sadly more needed.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I sent some love to myself and to the ATS community, just a half hour ago. I've been practising loving kindness meditation. It's quite difficult, but when you practice more, you definitely feel the results. Whether anyone else does, I don't know.

It sounds so self righteous and pious, even delusional, but it's all part of a practice I committed myself to, that has yielded positive results in my life.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Oh, trust me... I've loved myself today

(I'm sorry I couldn't resist)

top topics

join