It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Life Tries to Tell You Something (What does a hand affliction mean?)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Because I am an artist, I value my hands for this aspects so much that I sought help here thinking of hand symbolism & metaphor due to my narrow-view of the importance/meaning of hands.

I feel the same as you: hands=ability to create

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

I'm glad you mentioned something about the power of the mind to bring about a manifested physical reality.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

A useful addition of more perspective. These go inline with the type of ethic he has.
Your last point is where I'm feeling much of the frustration.
I had a glimpse of the years coming (20-30 down the road) where I will dutifully & lovingly take care of my father in his old age...
& the stubborn mule
With that last fragment I realize I must stop expecting him to be such.
This is what I came here for.
I knew it would help!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

kkrattiger

Because I am an artist, I value my hands for this aspects so much that I sought help here thinking of hand symbolism & metaphor due to my narrow-view of the importance/meaning of hands.

Thats odd, I'm an artist as well. I'd bet you'ld guess I'm not a comedian though

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kkrattiger

Is this a permanent situation where your hand is useless? If so, then my post is null and void.

But, if not... I've read that sometimes during certain types of meditation (forget which kind) the hands will become numb, and sometimes start moving on their own, making symbolic images in the air.

Do you meditate? Or, maybe you entered "that mind state" while asleep, and it didn't go away when you woke up?

Thinking "outside the box" here.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Your profile pic is very funny

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I love my honey badger avatar, we've become attached lol

What kind of art do you do?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Here is a painting I did of my dad. He had polio way back when he was a child (along w/his brother & 2 sisters... Imagine all 4 kids havibg polio at once!) He has a unique posture & way of walking, with his hands & arms bent palms facing behind. Everyone who sees this knows exactly who it is! I like doing portraits which focus not on a moment in time but on the way a person carries herself.

That's not my manly body standing next to the painting btw
edit on 8-1-2014 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2014 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Hey wow thats really nice! I'll link you to some of my work posted on ATS on your U2U so I quit derailing your thread with manly jokes and badger non-sense

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Brotherman

kkrattiger

Thats odd, I'm an artist as well. I'd bet you'ld guess I'm not a comedian though

Make that three of us!
Strangely enough, the opening post spoke to me because I've had a dry spell of unmotivation, which is exacerbated by a feeling of guilt/self-loathing over being unmotivated, because of not letting my inner being dally in creative expression like I've done ALL of my life, through thick or thin... It's almost like I'm punishing myself; depriving myself. And it has crossed my mind, more than once in the last year... 'what if I lost the use of my hand?' Like, it just quit working thru some freak accident or karma thingy or psycho-somatic response to punctuate the guilt over not allowing my spirit to draw/paint.

So you can see why this thread caught my eye. And I'm the 3rd artist to 'fess up' to the calling (not to mention 3 has always been 'my favorite number' since I could think.)

So if I didn't know any better, I'd think this thread exists for me to find and take in. It's rather beating me over the head, it seems!

That was a mouthful, I know. But surely you can see how all of these sychronicities are lining up for me here!
edit on 1/8/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

What is this thread up for?

You want to know what it means?

1) that part of your body gave up, just like machines can break down so can the body - Duh!!
2) You deserve the affliction and therefore were besieged with it (everyone gets what they deserve or gets what they were supposed too! one way or another)

take your pick!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

projectbane

What is this thread up for?

You want to know what it means?

1) that part of your body gave up, just like machines can break down so can the body - Duh!!
2) You deserve the affliction and therefore were besieged with it (everyone gets what they deserve or gets what they were supposed too! one way or another)

take your pick!!!

Well, first of all, it's her Dad's hand not hers we're talking about. And 'deserve' is a rather harsh way to put it, IMHO. Yes it is a challenge, a lesson, a trial... but to say he deserves it sounds like punishment rendered, when it's bad enough he can't use his hand. Now he has to feel like he, well, deserves it-- guilty as charged. The thing is, I believe HE may feel he deserves it, which caused the problem in the first place. If I'm right, reinforcing the blame-talk only justifies the 'sentencing' instead of uncovering the true message and realizing he DESERVES healing.

Or I could be wrong.

Anyway, I just realized that the root word of deserve is "serve" ...generally something you do with your hands. "De-" is a prefix of opposites. And right now his hand does the opposite of 'serve.' So in a strange twist of my logic, I find de-serve rather descriptive of him right now.
edit on 1/8/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I would suggest checking out medical astrology. The planets, signs, etc also rule certain parts of the body. A good astrologer can give you a good chart reading and may be able to refer you to an astrologer who specializes in medical astrology.

After reading some of the comments here, I got to thinking...energy is received and expressed. I was taught that energy is received through the subdominant hand and expressed through the dominate. So, say you are right handed and you are working with crystals as protection, then you would wear an appropriate stone as a bracelet or ring on your left hand. And you would wear a piece of jewelry to project an energy on your right hand.

Have you ever read any of Carolyn Myss' books? She (is) (was) a medical intuitive and wrote some astounding books on the subject. I don't believe she is still practicing today. However, she says people store up all that energy they have received and because it must be expressed and people aren't aware of the energetic process, they wind up expressing it in all sorts of ways that do not always allieviate the pain some of that received energy causes. For example: A young man has his heart broken wherein he loses his wife and kids. He moves on, remarries, ect, only to pass away from a heart attack later in life.

Now the symbolism of hands is pretty powerful and readily comes to mind just by word association: giving (to another), receiving (from another), feeding (self and/or others) , creating and expressing ( through the arts or a craft), communication (writing or signing), caressing (expressing love...and the myriad relationships that implies: self, family members, pets, friends, lovers,), conflict ( fist fight whether offence or defense), praying or blessing (such as pointing fingers together towards heaven which is projection, or palms open to heaven to receive a blessing, or palms open to another person's or animal's head or body to project healing or blessing) you get the idea. So our hands express our energies and receive energies as well. For someone's hand to suddenly quit "working" at a later stage in life could suggest a life long unresolved issue, could be exacerbated by astrological influences ( mutable signs have been referred to in the context of business or occupation to generally be employed in a situation where material "passes through their hands" such as sales). Gemini is a good example of a mutable sign.

Lots to think about, research, and explore here! Who knows where this will lead you! And best wishes for healing to your Dad.
edit on 9-1-2014 by missvicky because: to add

edit on 9-1-2014 by missvicky because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2014 by missvicky because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2014 by missvicky because: still adding as more thoughts come to mind

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I don't know. The best source I'd go to is:

www.beinhealth.com...

They have a new site of testimonials and personal narratives.

Here it is:

www.iamchanged.com...

Their organization can be somewhat klunky at times in timely service to individuals. If the condition is serious, however, I'd give them a phone call and persist until you reached someone who has some insight on such things. I don't know of anyone better on the planet who I'd consider had a good chance of knowing what the implications might be of such a malady.

edit on 9/1/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Some interesting avenues to explore. Thank you everyone for more to consider. Am at work now but will be back to respond more thoroughly!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Oh cool there are three of us now
do you have anything posted on ATS if not you should post some in the member art forum I would love to look at it for sure

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Brotherman

Oh cool there are three of us now
do you have anything posted on ATS if not you should post some in the member art forum I would love to look at it for sure

I have some uploaded in my profile. Not sure if you can see them, or if only I can. Here are a couple of pastels...

A friend's kids:

My son playing in the McDonalds balls:

An acrylic of a friend's grandfather's house:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Hey thats really good, it is amazing how the mind and hands create things isn't it =D

Here is a couple I am slowly working on, they still have ways to go though. I think if my hands ached for an unknown reason I personally think it would be because I was sad, I don't know why but I think that would be the underlying reason.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sounds like a wormhole to me....oh sorry, that should be carpel tunnel.

I ripped part of a tendon off my finger tip and the shock it gave me when I lifted something shut down my forearm muscles. That sucked.

It healed but needed a shot and it doesn't bend that well, it sometimes effects my typing.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
One can go far into the path of believing everything is spiritual, and in some ways it is, and in some ways one can seek healing, such as Anita Moorjani's NDE, it was wonderful information.

However, there are many things people don't know.

The elite are extremely distorted in their beliefs of rule by the strong (its dark side and beast) and they place the ability to become ill and fall victim to their extreme assault on the world with radiation, poisons, scarsity, and disease, to be the victims fault, ie they were fallen enough to be affected!

Its pure arrogance and massive ego to even think in any way of another person. We are only to find fault with ourselves and encourage all others, understanding their circumstances.

Some people here are in very challenging circumstances, with their health, TO SEE HOW MUCH LOVE AND EQUALITY THEIR FAMILY AND SOCIETY EXHIBITS!

There are many reasons things occur.

Sometimes when one is afflicted they can decipher, they need to push harder and overcome an obstacle.

Or it can be something that points to their lessons, for example throat chakra or things related to throat can be a need to improve communications.

But any way of interpreting has to be done in a personal way, not via someone else's pointing their finger.
edit on 9-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join