When Life Tries to Tell You Something (What does a hand affliction mean?)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kkrattiger

My first thought was 'hands off' or 'hand off'

Also in a book I read by Joseph Campbell about myths and legends He mention a goddess who hold up wheat with her right hand and holds a sword of scythe with her left hand. The left hand used to be called the 'sinister' hand. Today we equate right with good and use the term left for the sinister hand.

The above are just some thoughts.

As someone else said, probably no one other than your dad can grasp the meaning if he is open to it.

I will tell you an abrevieated version of what happened to me with my foot.

In the late 90's I began to have pain in my feet. Dr. said it was planter fasciitis. The left foot stopped hurting fairly quickly but the right one stayed painful. Told I much wear orthotics the rest of my life. Could not walk for any length of time without extreme pain.

In a set of circumstances (that actually contain more symbolic happenings) I left my husband. After a couple weeks I bought a pair of Clarks shoes. My pain stopped almost immediately. I tested out my beloved flats...no pain. This lasted nearly two years. I took from that that I need to be standing on my own two feet. Not something you would necessarily consider. But the understanding was mine and it came without really trying to figure it out.

Two years later I returned from a trip and stayed with my daughter prior to finding another place to live. I was prevented from looking for a place for a couple of weeks. By the third week, when I could have been looking, my foot began to hurt again. I immediately knew what it was and found a place the next week. As soon as I moved in my foot stopped hurting. That was 10 years ago this year.

The lesson for me was that I have to stand on my own to feet. A lesson I haven't forgotten.

Knowing your father, consider some of the many very good thoughts and/or question him along the lines of the thoughts and see what makes sense to him. Just a suggestion...sorry, sounded like an order.

Then again, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

The left hand used to be called the 'sinister' hand.

I find this interesting, and am throwing this out there-- even tho I agree with the poster who said that only the person with an affliction can recognize the meaning of the affliction...

Is his spirit putting a 'hold' on his desire to do something he knows deep down inside he should not, or else punishing him for something he did that he feels guilty about? (I don't mean to imply he did or thought about doing something heinous. Just that he could be punishing himself for 'bad' intent or action. It could be something most of us wouldn't think twice about. It IS his left hand we are talking about.
edit on 1/9/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Those are awesome and quite intriguing. The first one, I nearly though the artwork was the disk only, until I saw the figure. Then I realized the 'background' was part of the painting! I'd love to know the meaning of it.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Send me a U2U I will show you better there, these are quite large drawings and I don't want to derail this thread, I got alot more to show if you are interested I like your pastels, I have a pastel set from hell literally you wouldnt believe me but I would show you and you would say OMG he wasnt kidding!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If I were to interpret such a thing metaphorically, I think I would interpret it in the most simple and straight-forward manner possible, WITHOUT going through lengths and "complicated" symbolism.

Hand == Doing - As in something that is being done or was done or could be done.

Hand hurts == Guilt or Regret about something done, or fear/block about continuing or attempting to do something.

The hand (for) me symbolizes action or doing in the broadest sense....and the hurt hand symbolizes a resistance or block against this action.

edit on 42014RuThursdayAmerica/Chicago24PMThursdayThursday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Brotherman

Send me a U2U I will show you better there, these are quite large drawings and I don't want to derail this thread, I got alot more to show if you are interested I like your pastels, I have a pastel set from hell literally you wouldnt believe me but I would show you and you would say OMG he wasnt kidding!

OK... check your U2U.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
If I were to interpret such a thing metaphorically, I think I would interpret it in the most simple and straight-forward manner possible, WITHOUT going through lengths and "complicated" symbolism.

Hand == Doing - As in something that is being done or was done or could be done.

Hand hurts == Guilt or Regret about something done, or fear/block about continuing or attempting to do something.

The hand (for) me symbolizes action or doing in the broadest sense....and the hurt hand symbolizes a resistance or block against this action.

edit on 42014RuThursdayAmerica/Chicago24PMThursdayThursday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

I'm on board here.
Now, what about his not having use of it? The lack of feeling in it? What's your take on that. Apparently medical cause has been explored.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I did send you a U2U

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Back to topic: Wonder where the OP went? Wonder how her dad's hand is doing...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join