It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Flying Saucers Giant Electrons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I know I'm going to be ripped to shreds on this thread. But I'm trying to think outside the box. Please forgive me for my lack of knowledge. Its really hampering what I'm trying to say.

Could "flying saucers" be giant electrons or protons just bouncing around the atmosphere? High speed shiny objects buzzing around at weird angles. My knowledge is very limited on this topic and I hope some of you can help me with this. Again...just trying to think outside the box.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I don't think so.
2nd

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

catfishjoe
I know I'm going to be ripped to shreds on this thread. But I'm trying to think outside the box. Please forgive me for my lack of knowledge. Its really hampering what I'm trying to say.

Could "flying saucers" be giant electrons or protons just bouncing around the atmosphere? High speed shiny objects buzzing around at weird angles. My knowledge is very limited on this topic and I hope some of you can help me with this. Again...just trying to think outside the box.

Not being an expert on electrons, I don't think there is such a thing as giant ones.

However, seeing as no-one quite knows what the genuine UFO reports describe, I could say that some might be. However, the reports in which witnesses describe intelligently controlled craft, or the many reports where they've seen the craft on the ground may not apply to your hypothesis.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

You're talking of massive sub-atomic particles which move like ball lightning, only well off the ground. These humungous sub-atomic particles would hover and dart but never make contact with humans, and would show up on legitimate video as streaks of light and rapidly moving objects which would be inconclusively wondered about by hundreds of thousands of interested observers. Cool thinking.

Thinking outside the box is where very good things happen (unless the bad things happen), and please, never be apologetic to be playing there.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Not only that but protons and neutrons too....go figure...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well, sir, you are head and shoulders above many professionals: scientists, mental health workers and government and military people when you even consider that the things are...things, and not the imaginations or misrepresentations of natural phenomena.

So, yes, Joe, you are thinking outside of the box that orthodoxy and the secret keepers would wish to contain you within.

Keep it up!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Ummmmmm........ Nope!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I know we are taught at school that an atom looks like this

but in reality that are not little balls floating around a cluster of balls.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
To your dissapointment i am in the fortunate but not pleased possition to answer negatively to you, no they cannot be

Not bad for asking and looking into this though. Ignorance is bad only when one stays under its shadow.

King regards,
George.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

If you had asked whether UFO's possibly carried significant electrical charge then yes - they could have parts or an outer shell that contain significant free electrons (or protons).

The plasma qualities associated with many sightings may support that, as would the many effects noted related to strong magnetic fields.

For my 2c I think it is related to the method of propulsion and imagining a UFO as a single electron isn't a bad analogy in explaining some of the characteristics of flight, immediate stops / right angle turns / tremendous acceleration - all of which being able to be replicated with an electron and a suitable magnetic field.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
No I think they are giant trolls, like you! LULZSEC

catfishjoe

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
My theory: What we call Ufos are giant diamagnets. They act on the same principle as smaller magnets. One side can repel, the other attract. The Earth is a giant magnet. It's field extends far into space. In theory, a craft could ride those eletro- stactic lines of force. The ether could then be used just like riding on a wave of water. When this craft crosses the equator, it would have to flip its physical orientation, or flip the magnetic field to compensate. This would of course mean that if it didn't do this, it would be drawn to the Earth's surface.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

ATSZOMBIE
No I think they are giant trolls, like you! LULZSEC

catfishjoe

???

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

catfishjoe

When I was [much] younger I worked on a suntanning machine assembly line. One day the guy next to me, of... err, let's say Appalachian descent, motioned me over and asked "You know why some of the screws stick to the magnetic driver and some don't?".

I shook my head in anticipation of his answer. He looked both ways as if he were about to disclose a great secret, then explained "Cuz the ones that don't... taint got no atoms in 'em!".

So, yeah.
edit on 9-1-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I think the electrons anyway are more like a wave or cloud of energy or probability. I like the thinking because what do these things really look like? I also think the diagram which depicts the atom as some balls is to blame for people thinking of atoms and electronics as planets orbiting a star.

The OP is probably crazy, but I think we're all some dizzy. What to make of Ufology? I agree with one commenter when he commended you for at least thinking people are seeing something real and not illusory.
edit on 9-1-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I think the electrons anyway are more like a wave or cloud of energy or probability. I like the thinking because what do these things really look like? I also think the diagram which depicts the atom as some balls is to blame for people thinking of atoms and electronics as planets orbiting a star.

Im in total agreement. The old model of balls floating round a cluster is great for imagining the different energy levels / orbits of an atom but electrons are like you said wave or cloud of energy or probability. You can never pinpoint the direction and speed of an electron because of this.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Okay.. what about quantum entanglement in which an electron can act as if it has 1000x mass. What if this happens in nature?//

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

PhoenixOD
reply to post by jonnywhite

Im in total agreement. The old model of balls floating round a cluster is great for imagining the different energy levels / orbits of an atom but electrons are like you said wave or cloud of energy or probability. You can never pinpoint the direction and speed of an electron because of this.

Sorry but that's just wrong, you may be thinking of something else but electrons are sub-atomic particles able to be manipulated and any quick search will show that.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

i also have another theory about UFO

what IF they were just 'astral projections' of 'the travellers'

peace.

top topics

join