It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Game of Logic: The Holy Spirit and I VS ALL NoN-believers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Akragon
reply to post by veteranhumanbeing

VHBYou must realize these were not written during Jesus's lifespan

Akragonobviously.

VHBNo one has any claim to have written of the actual events of Jesus's lifetime (not even himself).

AkragonNo of course not... what we have are copies of copies of copies..etc etc..there seems to be a dark point in "history" in the first century.

More like 200 years of silence and I wonder why.

VHB Curious to say the least as the supposed messenger of peace and enlightenment. I would imagine the being never existed in the first place; just another Osiris, Horus insert.

AkragonI would say he most definitely existed... In human history no man has affected the world as this person did, regardless of whether or not it was good or bad... 2000 years later we're still talking about Jesus...Just from copies of copies or ancient texts from supposed "eyewitnesses" of his life... we can see that HE was exceptional... one can only imagine the actual person.

A nine dimensional being that is just as mysterious a being from initially the Order of the Melchisedek reincarnated Priest of Salem (Jeru-Salem) (derived from being if not one that was reincarnated as Tzaddig, King or Ruler of Righteousness). SUPPOSEDLY.

"And Melchisedek King of Salem brought forth bread and wine, and he was the priest of the most high God,and he blessed him and said, Blessed he Abram of the most high God posessor of heaven and earth. And Blessed he the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave them tithes of all. Genesis .18-20.

Personally? Dont like this missive (it promises nothing and everything at the same time).

VHBMark is mysterious to me because his writings have two different meanings as I interpret them (one is for the layman to interpret literally, the other for those interested in hidden esoteric knowledge).

VHB Who was Jesus's teacher?, the same as mine and it has a name; it calls itself Origin

Akragonhmm... who gave it that name?

His parents I suppose (but dont tell anyone); this is what it calls itself (no; do not even contemplate something even beyond god as yet another creator level to be examined).

VHB Jesus was never meant to be percieved as a Demi-God or god human on earth incarnate

AkragonTry to think more human then god man... people were willing to die for what he told them.that's not something that happens every day...
Well more lately but these days people are frickin nutz

Yes Jesus as a Human; a good thing to capture (in the wild), someone could finance this (maybe the Huff-Puffington Post Ragamuffin Periodical). I could possibly Camera TRAP or CAGE IT and prove to humanity IT the Beast EXISTS. Finally Christianity has some proof of existance; a reincarnated presumably dead Zombie ICON that still walks the earth (should be with is maker not Satan in Qliphoth (4th D undead no soul area of awareness).
edit on 26-2-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

A nine dimensional being that is just as mysterious as being from initially the Order of the Order of the Melchisedek (derived from being if not one that was reincarnated as Tzaddig, King or Ruler of Righteousness). SUPPOSEDLY.

"And Melchisedek King of Salem brought forth bread and wine, and he was the priest of the most high God,and he blessed him and said, Blessed he Abram of the most high God possesor of heaven and earth. And Blessed he the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave them tithes of all. Genesis .18-20.

Personally? Dont like this missive.

Or just the Son of God?

His parents I suppose; this is what it calls itself

alright....

Your god has parents?

Yes Jesus as a Human; a good thing to capture (in the wild), someone could finance this (maybe the Huffington Post Ragamuffin Periodical). I could possibly Camera TRAP or CAGE IT and prove to humanity IT the Beast EXISTS. Finally Christianity has some proof of existance; a reincarnated dead ICON that still walks the earth (should be with is maker not Satan in Qliphoth (4th D undead no soul area of awareness).

Idk what to do with that...
edit on 26-2-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Akragon

vethumanbeingA nine dimensional being that is just as mysterious as being from initially the Order of the Melchisedek (derived from being if not one that was reincarnated as Tzaddig, King or Ruler of Righteousness). SUPPOSEDLY.

"And Melchisedek King of Salem brought forth bread and wine, and he was the priest of the most high God,and he blessed him and said, Blessed he Abram of the most high God possessor of heaven and earth. And Blessed he the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave them tithes of all. Genesis .18-20.
Personally? Dont like this missive.

AkragonOr just the Son of God?

What does he have to do with this; he never quantified/described himself to be represented as a 'Son of anything much less God' so is not in the equation to be identified other than a earthbound fleshy body man skin covering man bones. He had no idea what this was to finally entail/this fiasco called Christianity;(anyone that thinks hes going to make a return in the physical is delusional).

VHBHis parents I suppose; this is what it calls itself

Akragon alright....Your god has parents?

No actually; not that Im aware of (those would be the godgrandparents if correct in the nomenclature). God has no gender as in comprised of perfect nothingness, I would call my parent. My "nothingness etherial parent" is aware of me (it allowed for the conditions of my creation); and puts up with my physical existance just as I put up with its persisting in its nothingness having substance. It continues to insist it does exist in spirit just as viable without form as me; (form being my major job experience EXPRESSION/the freewill gift is a biggy as well). Evens everything out.

edit on 26-2-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

What does he have to do with this; he never quantified himself to be or as a 'Son of anything' so is not in the equation to be identified other than a fleshy man skin covering man bones.

I suppose this would depend on what you believe the best source of his teaching is...

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Akragon

VethumanbeingWhat does he have to do with this; he never quantified himself to be or as a 'Son of anything' so is not in the equation to be identified other than a fleshy man skin covering man bones.

AkragonI suppose this would depend on what you believe the best source of his teaching is...

Not so much a belief but a surity. He was a Gnostic and in so being held all knowledge given by Thoth access to the Akashic records; he was a fully 9D human. So who was his teacher? Origin. I hold no beliefs/systems either, I only know what I know and it does not come from someone elses words.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The proven scientific information given shows that, without a doubt, LOGICALLY there was no 'Noahs Ark Flood'. Therefore, the OP must acknowledge that he is wrong and that the flood did not happen. LOGICALLY ... his term.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

FlyersFan
The proven scientific information given shows that, without a doubt, LOGICALLY there was no 'Noahs Ark Flood'. Therefore, the OP must acknowledge that he is wrong and that the flood did not happen. LOGICALLY ... his term.

I think OP left the building some time ago. Flyers; if we were to call the end of the ice age that happened 12,000- 9000 bc serendipitous, it would be concurrant to the raising of the seas (some say by 500 feet!), the catastrophic flooding of the fertile delta as ice caps and glaciers melted (where the 4 rivers *not jus two Tigress, Uphrates* met and said location of Eden); became covered up by the filling of the basin 'Persian Gulf' body of water (goodbye to the 'Eden' of Biblical texts). Im still wondering why Noah did not place the clarion shout out to other human forms (2 by two) to join the flies and mosquitoes (very important species to save apparently) to join in the preservation, nevermind other races of mankind; or Adam and Eve as well, hitchhiking perhaps nuisance insects rule or dominate the future as disease carrying apparatus? Seems too mythical and storied, just like Gilgamesh (ridiculous) in borrowing from.
edit on 27-2-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

vethumanbeing
I think OP left the building some time ago.

There are now three active threads started by the OP on this subject. Three threads where he has called me out to prove that Noahs Ark didn't happen. And three times I have done exactly that. He needs to acknowledge the FACT that he was wrong and he lost his 'bet of logic'. Bottom line - the Old Testament has folklore and myth, it's not the literal infallible Word of God.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
FlyersFan
vethumanbeing

VHBI think OP left the building some time ago.

FlyersFanThere are now three active threads started by the OP on this subject. Three threads where he has called me out to prove that Noahs Ark didn't happen. And three times I have done exactly that. He needs to acknowledge the FACT that he was wrong and he lost his 'bet of logic'. Bottom line - the Old Testament has folklore and myth, it's not the literal infallible Word of God.

Three more? What is the provication; thinking you wouldnt notice the obvious flanking attempt; dug in entrenched defensive tactics being displayed. The Noah story is just one of many borrowed, intact from belief systems far more ancient than Judaic/Christianity by 4000 years BC. Not understanding why this one will not engage yet deflect an obvious ego salvation. Myth repeated becomes true or the myth itself has some basis in a truism?
edit on 28-2-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
It has now been two months since the 'logical' challenge was issued.
The Old Testament has been proven not to be accurate and not to be without error.
Still waiting for the OP to 'man up' and admit he was wrong

Where's my cupie doll and where's my acknowledgement from him that he was wrong and I am right?
Lets go ... time's flying by ...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

FlyersFan
It has now been two months since the 'logical' challenge was issued.
The Old Testament has been proven not to be accurate and not to be without error.
Still waiting for the OP to 'man up' and admit he was wrong
Where's my cupie doll and where's my acknowledgement from him that he was wrong and I am right? Lets go ... time's flying by .

I think you crushed it (the challenge); someone (THE OP) decided to bow out and to my mind was done so in a cowardly/ungracious manner by flibberdy jibbing; opening new threads (same content) to spread out its dis-ownership to the original thread (other forums) in its desparate attempt to redeem itself or Camoflauge (look here instead of over there). I was surprised at the lack of a backbone (presumed color yellow) did not answer any of my posts to its threads. YOU WON.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The Bible is 100% accurate. Especially when thrown at close range.

Coming up on three months since the 'common sense' challenge has been met.
Come on OP ... let's here it ... you lost the challenge.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

FlyersFan

The Bible is 100% accurate. Especially when thrown at close range.
Coming up on three months since the 'common sense' challenge has been met.
Come on OP ... let's here it ... you lost the challenge.

As is the 'ChicagoLand' Phonebook addresses and yellowpages combined. It has been used to beat people to death as its girth and its truth in advertizing weights 20+ pounds (if you can heft them together). 'Faith' must be the common denominator.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

The fact that nearly all of the most ancient of calendars record a conversion from 360 days per year to 365.25 is a testament to the violent events that resulted in the flood.

Is that a fact?

How so, because you use the use word fact, do you know what that word means?

Howe about you show some references to your fact

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Seriously why are you guys even attempting this challenge?

Its not to disprove anything.

What was it that proved beyond a doubt to OP is what should be asked and then discussed,

accepting this challenge and bringing up something science or an opinion that might make some of whats written false is an exercise in getting put down by OP, giving them a chance to feel all superior when they have yet to share what proved the bible to them.

It was most likely faith and now it looks as though OP is asking us to try shatter that faith even though they know nothing anyone posts can, it only gives the OP an ego boost and feed their delusions of challenging others to disprove something they have yet to show is proven.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well OP, here we are four months later. You need to acknowledge that you failed in your challenge. Admit it. And tell us exactly what you plan to do now that you have been proven wrong ... the bible is not 100% accurate and it's not 'literal truth'.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
borntowatch said,

Read your own words and see the assumptions made by you and science.

Aren't assumptions just another type of faith in a way?

ServantOfTheLamb said,

Are there any incorrect versions? I would say some are translated less correctly, but no doctrinal changes are ever made.

Many Christians do believe changes that effect doctrine are made in some modern translations.

Here's a starting point for that research.

I was raised going to a baptist church, and I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart when I was still very young. It was a very powerful, uplifting experience and I can honestly say that I felt something swell within me. As I got older I became more analytical of things, including Christianity. It was a struggle within for awhile. That feeling of guilt, or extreme discomfort at even the thought of questioning it. In some regards I was like some of the people in this thread vehemently defending the faith. As I grew older still, my analytical personality kept nagging at me. I kept doing the research, occasionally going back and forth on my stance. Eventually though, I feel logic won, and I admitted to myself that it didn't all add up.

Failed Biblical Prophecies

Examples:
Destruction of Tyre by Nebuchadnezzar in Ezekiel Chapter 26. Nebuchadnezzar is obviously dead, and Tyre still exists.

Destruction of Egypt in Ezekiel Chapter 29 and by Nebuchadnezzar in Ezekiel 30:10-11. Nebuchadnezzar is dead and guess what, Egypt still exists.

Biblical Contradictions

Examples:
"Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign" - From 2nd Kings 24:8
"Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign" - From 2nd Chronicles 36:9

"Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign" - From 2nd Kings 8:26
"Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign" - From 2nd Chronicles 22:2

"And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven hundred horsemen" - From 2nd Samuel 8:4
"And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven thousand horsemen" - From 1st Chronicles 18:4

Examples of God Killing People vs Examples of Satan Killing People

There is a lot more to say on the subject, but I will leave the in depth research to the reader. Needless to say, errors no matter how small or irrelevant, still mean it is not perfect and imo should not be considered the be all end all. There are more than enough things wrong with Abrahamic religions that I call BS. Does that mean we can't learn from the Bible? No, it doesn't. There are a lot of good lessons to walk away with.
edit on 6-5-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: Tidying it up

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Seriously
Seriously?

You didnt believe in questioning the bible as a Christian, thats sad.
I am a Christian and I question everything and many times I question God, many times I slip into a semi unbelief.
Should I pretend that my faith is perfect, am I fooling God or myself.

Tyre, was it destroyed
Here is an article
www.fredsbibletalk.com...
Alexander built the causeway from the ruins of Tyre to the island of Tyre. Its a good argument but is it definitive?

Well here is another link that establishes an argument contesting youes, I dont like the attitude of the site, its a little nasty, but it does counter your position.
sunandshield.wordpress.com...

Fact is your claims are valid, the reality is they are questionable, depends what you want to believe.

Jehoican, 8 or 18, hmmm, who cares? Lets put that down as a copy error and you can win.
Ahaziah 22 or 42, hmmm, who cares? Lets put that down as a copy error and you can win another one. Looks like the bible has copy errors, are you really surprised.
David and the chariots, charioteers and horsemen? Does it prove the whole bible wrong or that some transcription errors occurred. Its a book written by men, its historical, its history. You are arguing over a few numbers..
What does it prove to you? Its not perfect, what on this earth is perfect, you should be a nihilist

...and God killing people as opposed to satan
Its true, God is a God of judgement and He will judge the unrighteous, severely.
The law must be obeyed, even today.
If its not, the full weight of the law will be executed.

I hope everyone notes that God kills people, I hope everyone notes the severity of the punishment for wrong actions. Especially Christians who think they can act in any way they choose. God chose the Jews yet God judged them very severely

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ZakOlongapo

Wow that Bible deserves its own thread dude.

BTW did you read the comments? the top one lol here.

God said he would be back to remove evil from the world. Odin said he would get rid of the Frost Giants. Well you don't see any frost giants do you?

lol.
edit on 7-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join