It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman's Death Linked to Alternative Cancer Treatment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The woman had abnormally high cesium levels in her blood from oral cesium chloride supplements she took for many months. The metal can cause an abnormal heart rhythm

A Colorado woman died after using cesium chloride supplements as an alternative treatment for breast cancer, a new case study reports.
The 61-year-old woman had been takingcesium supplements daily for a year as a treatment for breast cancer, but it was a single injection of cesium chloride liquid into a lump in her right breast that is likely what ultimately proved fatal, the report said.

The woman had been following the advice of a nutritionist, who had recommended cesium chloride to help shrink her breast tumor.
Cesium chloride is an alternative treatment that "supposedly increases the pH level of cancer cells to kill them, while not altering the pH of healthy cells," said study author Dr. Daniel Sessions, who was a medical toxicology fellow at the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center in Denver and was involved in the case. (A cell's pH is a measure of how acidic or basic its internal environment is.)
However, this theory of how cesium chloride works "has not been scientifically proven to be true," Sessions said. [7 Medical Myths Even Doctors Believe]

According to a review of alternative treatments on the American Cancer Society's website, the "available scientific evidence does not support the claim that the pH inside a cancer cell is any different than that of a normal cell, or that cancer cells are more susceptible to toxic effects of high pH."

Cesium chloride is available in both an oral supplement and a liquid form, and it's found in stores that sell dietary supplements as well as online. Some alternative medicine practitioners who promote the treatment's use for cancer also refer to it as "high pH therapy."

The case report appeared in the December issue of The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine.

Scientific American

This is really sad the couple never sought and mainstream medical treatment, yet more than 80% of breast cancers are now cured.

The husband must feel horrible for assisting in his wife's death (he administered the fatal injection). Although I am sure he didn't think it would kill her is he still liable under law for murder?

If you read the rest of the link you will see she felt sick immediately after the injection but they didn't even seek medical treatment and the next day she died. While I do feel bad for the family ignorance of the law is not an excuse. In this case it was also ignorance of a toxic substance.

The whole thing is sad and completely preventable if they had just taken the time to actually educate themselves.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Can cause, likely...

So, they dont really know what happened but think it might have something to do with the alternative therapy...

Not very "scientific" of Scientific American...

edit on 7-1-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Bummer! Like they say, whatever doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.. in this case, the former applied

Anyways, using a chemical (a CHLORIDE) hardly sounds like a good alternative medicine, I mean we get enough chlorides from salt as it is.

RIP

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Iam sorry that the chosen treatment didn't work for her. However,that doesn't mean it,or any other alternative treatment is dangerous or inaffective. I don't find either of them irresponsible for not seeking medical help as obviously they chose not to from the beginning. How many get sicker and die from chemo and radiation when perhaps alternative remedies would cure them? Allopathic medicine is still too closed minded and profits too much from those who remain sick,not to mention the monopoly the funeral homes have. Your life is only worth the dollars you can pay to keep it,or bury the body,in their eyes.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I think it is ludicrous that the word murder would even come up. Two consenting adults sought an alternative method and decided to put it into practice. They failed and paid the consequences. Accidental death if anything.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The problem with alternatives, is the lack of guidelines to follow to treat each specific illness. Too much of anything can be bad for you, no matter what its anti cancer properties may be. People need to know what they are taking and how much their individual physiology is capable of enduring before embarking on an alternative course dealing with such a serious illness.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It was traditional medicine of chemo and radiation that saved my life. I had an aggressive cancer.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Night Star
It was traditional medicine of chemo and radiation that saved my life. I had an aggressive cancer.

I had an aggressive cancer. Chemo didnt work for me, alternative cure worked .

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

DocScurlock

I think it is ludicrous that the word murder would even come up. Two consenting adults sought an alternative method and decided to put it into practice. They failed and paid the consequences. Accidental death if anything.

I couldnt agree any more with you
If i asked my lass to pass me my alternative medicine and i take them and drop dead that doesnt make her guilty of murder,this is no different in my eyes .
edit on 7-1-2014 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

My bad murder was the wrong choice when classifying it. There was no premeditation or intent to kill however negligent homicide would fit this.

It is sketchy ground and would be completely up to the state to prosecute. The question is would that benefit anyone. Maybe it would send a message to the homeopathic community and wake a few people up at least bringing attention to a very real problem within it.

I would feel much different about it if they had sought medical attention when she became ill after the injection however they did not and she died. There has been a bit of mean spirited talk in some communities that she should be the recipient of a Darwin award.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
How many people die from traditional chemo and radiation each year? Are the doctors murderers for administering something like that?

All therapies come with risk.

I have not looked into Cesium Chloride for cancer treatment but I know Sodium Dichloracetate with a caffeine regime works. All cancer cures come with a risk especially if they cause cell suicide. If you are old or already weakened from the cancer your body may not be able to process the dead cells properly.

Either way, people have a natural right to seek treatment as they see fit for their own bodies. It is not murder. People who seek alternative treatments understand it's a crap shot. The traditional methods are a crap shot as well considering the cancer comes back at a later point anyway. Very rarely does it not eventually come back. To me that is not a cure but an expensive postponement.

If someone wants to seek out a less expensive postponement it is their business.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Grimpachi

There has been a bit of mean spirited talk in some communities that she should be the recipient of a Darwin award.

What communities?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I dont know man, live and let live I say. does this issue really need rally of awareness around it? Do we need to start wearing those stupid colored bracelets to raise awareness every time someone dies. Why cant we get a rally going to take down TPTB that poison us (mind and body), separate us, and KILL US! I wonder what color that bracelet would be! Someone ODing trying to cure themselves is hardly a issue that need any light compared to World Wide Homicide.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I think the difference is between traditional treatments and the holistic treatments as far as legality and death it comes to what has actually been proven to work before. Here is an example link. It may all come down to what has been proven to be effective. Of course the mother case is different because her child didn't have a choice she was responsible for his wellbeing and he died from her choices.

This is similar but the fact they were both adults may make all the difference.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nofear39

You will find them if you type in keywords from the article into your browser. Look in some of the comment sections as well in related articles.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hey, if I got cancer, I would do some more research and try various things I feel might work. I think it would be fun to try some natural things. I could gorge myself on strawberries, some in alcoholic drinks, and might get sick of strawberries but I bet they would shrink the tumors. I'd rather try getting rid of it on my own. I know how most of the cancer drugs work. I don't think Cesium Chloride is very natural though, that isn't anything I would try. If I die, I will be happy that I was in control of my death.

I bet if a person who has cancer just went out every night and got drunk, the acetyl aldehyde levels would kill the cancer. I don't need all those brain cells that would die anyway,

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I am neither advocating for or against his prosecution only stating the possibility is there for the state to decide. As far as a rally to take down the PTB didn't that already happen? Wasn't that the occupy movement? I am honestly asking as many probably still are they never seemed to decide on a message.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

rickymouse
Hey, if I got cancer, I would do some more research and try various things I feel might work. I think it would be fun to try some natural things. I could gorge myself on strawberries, some in alcoholic drinks, and might get sick of strawberries but I bet they would shrink the tumors. I'd rather try getting rid of it on my own. I know how most of the cancer drugs work. I don't think Cesium Chloride is very natural though, that isn't anything I would try. If I die, I will be happy that I was in control of my death.

I bet if a person who has cancer just went out every night and got drunk, the acetyl aldehyde levels would kill the cancer. I don't need all those brain cells that would die anyway,

Lets hope ya never get the big "C" then pal

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
error
edit on 7-1-2014 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by nofear39

You will find them if you type in keywords from the article into your browser. Look in some of the comment sections as well in related articles.

thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join