It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should extend UnEmployment and end Foriegn Aid for Some Countries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I know there are people milking the system.

I also know there are people that are not. They need this help.

What I don't understand why the 6.8 Billion needed to extend the program,

Would not be taken out of the Foriegn Aid budget.

I would rather give the money to Americans good or bad.

It seems like its a drop in the bucket. This economy has hit people hard.

All I am saying is "Take a little from the people that hate us and want to kill us".

End Rant...

Washington Post

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Start with Israel.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yes the foreign aid is a problem but...

The import policies are the real problems that makes unemployment high.

And I agree start with Israel.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I am for trimming everybody...

I just think we should put Americans first.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

whyamIhere
I know there are people milking the system.

I also know there are people that are not. They need this help.

What I don't understand why the 6.8 Billion needed to extend the program,

Would not be taken out of the Foriegn Aid budget.

I would rather give the money to Americans good or bad.

It seems like its a drop in the bucket. This economy has hit people hard.

All I am saying is "Take a little from the people that hate us and want to kill us".

End Rant...

Washington Post

S&F. You don't spend what you don't have or take it from the backs of your children and all the future children. Personally, I would close all foreign aid until until the unemployment rate dropped below 4% and the economy recovered. Unfortunately, I am not in a power position, but even if I was I am quite sure the jackals would come for me in short order. Repairing one's country or colony is not on TPTB's agenda, otherwise actions like these would have already been take, That just goes to show our politicians are stupid at best, traitors at worst and need to be taken to task.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed

Start with Israel.

It certainly is more important to keep those leeches alive than our own people.
after all, feeding israel does have its benefits
oh wait, maybe not.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ah! I get you now, the headline says extend unemployment, to a limey that looks like increasing unemployment.

I'm not sure I could agree with that, and I'm sure there are many American citizens who originate from foreign aid countries who will be glad to see a bit of dosh going out to those countries. The only caveat to me is that the money is used properly, and that is often the biggest failings, no proper oversight.
edit on 7-1-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

link

On February 13, 2012, the Obama Administration submitted its FY2013 budget proposal. The FY2013 request totals $54.87 billion for the State-Foreign Operations appropriations, including a core budget proposal of $46.63 billion plus $8.24 billion for extraordinary and temporary war- related Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO) in frontline states. The total request represents an increase of 2.6% over the estimated FY2012 funding level for the foreign affairs accounts, including $18.8 billion (a 4.5% increase) for St ate Department and Related Agencies and $36.1 billion (a 0.1% increase) for Foreign Operations. Within the budget process, the Administration is requesting authority in addition to appropriations ($770 million) for a new account—the Middle East and North Africa Incentive Fund (MENA IF)— to provide flexible and transparent support for Arab Spring countries in transition toward democracy. The request includes $8.2 billion for the front line states of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan (including $800 million for the Pakistan Counterinsurgency Capability Fund (PCCF), even though most previously enacted PCCF funding has not been disbursed and many lawmakers are voicing concern about U.S. relations with, and aid to, Pakistan. For other key accounts, the Administration is seeking $7.9 billion for the Global Health Programs (GHP) account, $770 million for global climate change activities, and $643 million for family planning and reproductive health activities, including $39 million for the controversial U.N. Population Fund (UNFPA).

Here is a list of all the countries that receive aid but these numbers do not include military assistance.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

This is EXACTLY what Ron Paul campaigned on

That we had to get rid of our foreign empire and foreign welfare so we could focus on the United States...

Oh well.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

AGREED. One of the things that was said about the US in the early half of the 20th Century was that we were awfully isolationist. However, with the extreme exception of the Great Depression, we were doing pretty good as an isolationist country. I don't think we have any business supporting another country in any way when we have so many in this country that are struggling to make ends meet on a daily basis. Cuts that directly affect Americans, both civilian and veteran/military, should never come before cuts to foreign aid. Especially when those cuts are like a drop in the bucket compared to how much we spend outside of this country.

It's positively ridiculous and, ultimately, irrational. The dollars that we ship out to foreign countries may not always be spent here within the US. In comparison, dollars that are funneled into our own citzens at least are likely to be spent here and somewhat regained through something called tax revenue. To put it simply, a family receiving food stamps is going to spend it where? They'll be doing their shopping in their local grocery store. That means that that money is both contributing to the store's total revenues/profits (taxed) and helping to pay for the employment of the staff within the store (also taxed). Even beyond that, their purchases are also providing revenues/profits (taxed) for the food manufacturers and farmers along with all of their employees (taxed). Foreign aid --> may leave the American economy. Domestic aid --> tends to stay within the American economy for the most part.

Now how our illustrious Congress in their infinite wisdom
cannot figure that one is beyond me. Oh wait a second, I think I get why...it's because the citizens in the US aren't necessarily guaranteed to give our representatives a financial donation to their campaigns or wine and dine them. But heck, if it may help sway a few congressional minds to think like this, I offer an open invitation to any Congressman willing to lend me their ear for dinner. I'll even throw in a bottle of wine although I'm allergic to the stuff.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There is a HUGE difference between unemployment and welfare. Unemployment you have to work for, welfare you have to not work for.
I work in the construction industry. Layoffs happen. Unemployment is a safety net. Believe me I would rather be making over 1000 a week as opposed to 362. We used to get 26 weeks, now 20.
I know that may seem like a lot but trust me, they go fast.

on top of foreign aid, I wonder how much individual states spend accommodating non english speaking people in the U.S.? signs in spanish and interpreters for courts etc...

I'm sure a lot of the foreign aid we spend is necessary. And I'm sure foreign policy is probably the toughest subject we can discuss. You think any politician could say that its really muslims creating havoc worldwide? It is. So do we starve out the innocent peaceful muslims? The militants would have the food and supplies and take over.

Of course we should cut foreign aid back and make sure Americans are taken care of. The disabled vets first!.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I agree whole heartedly. While cutting all foriegn aid qould probably not be the best way to go, maybe an even reduction for all along the lines of 10%. How much money would that free up for helping our own, improving infrastructure...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Its all dole, unemployment, food stamps, social security, pension, Government check. all dole. There is no difference in my mind about it. I don't look down on any of it or any of the people who use it, "work for it," compensated for it" "need it" or "cant survive without it" its just not different and I don't think anyone should get preference.

Might as well establish a minimum guaranteed income.
2k per month, spend it your way and everyone quit bitchin. Home, Education, bills, food, transportation, health and medical, entertainment. Do some civil service, community service. Help a company..whatever. Doesn't matter. Its all dole. public or private. You're a contractor who works on your own time or your retired expending your own energy and life minutes on things only you give a damn about anyway.

Reform the tax code. Low flat tax. Freeze prices reasonably so no price skyrising happens, no inequality happens, you want it, same reasonable price across the board. Same tax. Money always goes into the system, money always goes back out. None of it leaves the country. The economic wheel is complete its balanced and no one starves, no one goes without food, utilities or housing. That is unless you're a dumbass and blow your money on junk you dont need. At that point you have no excuse. Your just broke and you have no one to blame but yourself. We might even eliminate the countries debt and foreign conflicts if we had a school and people taught to deal with diplomacy specifically.

Sounds extremely stupid huh. Wait till everything is automated then, its going to happen anyway and any work you do is for the common good to keep those machines and all services going. We are halfway there now and what I told you up there still needs to be done otherwise you're all screwed. The roads will be unpaved, trash will still be all over the place, aid still seaping through the cracks, vegetation will gradually retake the crumbling cities, welfare numbers will keep growing, resources keep getting sold overseas, people are getting dumber and in debt and companies will get richer while the individual gets poorer.

You can start with the 40 million people and 600k homeless, the elderly, the retired and all these students who cant find work. Pilot program. Re-building America. ((By the way you sneaky types, that doesn't mean trash the constitution)) It means you establish the rights all people have. Their right to dignity, sense of duty and of self worth which is the very minimum groundwork for any productive and self motivated civilization.

I have not figured out what to do with all of the people in prison but in theory if you eliminate the "need to commit crime of any sort" you eliminate the crime. Its almost a no brainer, almost. But lions always hunt, hyenas always scavenge and monkeys always eat bananas and fling poo because its entertaining and there to do. I suggest we're all more like ants with emotions and senses of humor but hey, what do I know. There are exceptions. Some of us are plain out idiots. I'm one sometimes. Im sure some here will agree after reading this to be sure.

Otherwise I dont know, keep bitchin and arguing and putting one person over another and calling each other stupid or whatever I don't care. Just know #ty negative NOWAY- CANT HAPPEN attitudes wont fix any problem any where. Oh and.. and dump this dumbass surveilance and prison state beating down the people already. It doesn't work. It was stupid when they thought of it and its stupid now. It fixes nothing screws peoples rights and changes no one.

Here is the number
637,784,206,000 per year= 7,653,410,472,000
US population x 2k per month
Digital card- debit card-energy credit
Go do it.
10% flat tax
5% for state, 5% for federal BEFORE TAXES so compensate for that 10% for government cut. add that ten % to the 2k so 2200 per month, person gets 2k government gets 220 per month back. Multiply that by 12 and then by the total population.
Now forget all that about bloody taxes and look at the debt.
7,653,410,472,000 vs 2k per month...
Now whats the national gdp
Now whats our cost lets match
am I stupid? Is my math off? Or is it all just made up?

Make sense? No? Im sure it doesnt to YOU reading this because you feel entitled to get that 80 per week and have two cars and two story house and harvard education blah blah blah whihch I give two #s about since this doesnt affect production.
But if its done with those people I mentioned above. go figure it out. 600k people homeless, 40 sum odd million people on food stamps, might as well add the unemployed and students. This will all be eliminated. 24k per year per person no? i personally can live off 2k per month which goes right back into the economy so in theory, they can now contribute. So your 80 hours and your two cars and all that bs you dont lose either way. Someone show me fault in this. Thats what I NEED. economists, mathmaticians, social science majors? Political science majors? destroy this please? or agree. whichever makes you happy.
edit on 7-1-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join