It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes and the Solar System by SuspiciousObserver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Some of you may of heard of him, some may of not, but SUSPICIOUSOBSERVER is a very informative youtube uploader.
He does daily videos about space weather and the sun where he looks at data and explains it to the lesser but intrigued people (like me).

Today's video he looks at Solar Polar data dating back to 2003, a chart from Stanford University. He's looking for patterns with this data it seems which correlate with earthquakes, and it seems he's onto something! Coronal holes, planetary geometry all may have connections with earthquakes. Well this video seems to almost prove it in my opinion.

Watch the video because he packs a lot informative data, and backs it up with links.

1) Magnetic Polarity Data: Link -- it has stopped updating since 11/23/2013.
2) Jupiter opposes the sun now, and Venus conjoins Mercury on January 8th. Anyone see that coronal hole coming in now?
3) There are some things you cannot un-see. If indeed the IMF and coronal holes are quake factors as I suggested for 2 years, then the underlying magnetics of the sun MUST be relevant to seismicity. I THOUGHT I was going to find an answer to the baffling quake droughts! ...I'm still in shock at how perfectly this matches.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
He may be onto something. It may be that more than a few things form the relationship. S&F for bringing this to us.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

I'm a subscriber of his. I like how he takes his time, filling folks in as he goes.

I realized as a kid that all that stuff out there had all kinds of effects on us, and the planet, our moon was the only proof I needed.

This could be a fairly informative thread if we keep the institutionalized science out of it.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

really skeptical.
The Sun rotates every 36 days and so about once/per month there is a coronal hole facing Earth. If you window it out to 72 hours, coronal holes are "facing" Earth 20% of the time.

The conjunctions noted in the vid happen all the time if you use all possible combinations 72 hour window.

I wanted to hear what the coronal holes had to do with magnetism and how it was correlated with seismic activity in non-ferrous or amorphous (liquid) ferrous rock. Nothing meaty

So you have a model. Let's have a test shall we? Make a measurable prediction then.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I also subscribe to his channel. I like that he's found something worth reporting on in regards to the sun and earthquakes. I don't feel he has quite found the answer yet, but this is interesting stuff.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

I think that his observations are fairly sound. Science after all starts with observation, and I too would like to see this as a way of prediction, but fear doing it too soon before all of the variables are realized that we could loose information simply because some one jumped the gun.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think it is obvious that there is way more going on in the solar system than just the simple gravitational dance our family of planets do to keep themselves so well synchronised.

Way more than this lone researcher along with you and I can currently comprehend.

I would also imagine that the more we look in to the weather, oceans, rings, satellites and every other component and happening of every planet amongst the collection. The more connections we can make to the behaviour of the sun.

Alike, the more we find out about our and other suns the more we will reflect on the habits of our galaxy and it's swirling painting of beauty.

And further as we progress with technology over the ages we will deduce the subliminal perfection and purpose within the rituals of the galaxy's.

I doubt that any of us will see that far in to the future, but the game has to start somewhere and the determination and persistence of the few will reveal, piece by piece, the answer to all questions.

We can wait, we can join the debate or we can ride the evolutionary wave with open minds and open eyes, we will all play our part.

The planets, suns, solar systems, galaxy's and universes are ours to decode and understand, enjoy and love.

Connections and influences will be found everywhere, amongst the infinite abyss, we just have to find them.

This man seems to be rising to the challenge, and that is good to see.

Thanks for the thread!
edit on 6-1-2014 by Earthlurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

This was taken from the comments on his video:

Victor Bitter34 minutes ago
top vid there and certainly there is a pattern that's for sure.well done.are you predicting a large quake this week considering the incoming coronal hole and planet alignments?

Suspicious0bservers1 second ago
Yes. Earthquake condition index is A- but will hit A tonight… likely to stay there for 4 or 5 day

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Being out in country youtube is problematic for me but he is one of my subscriptions and favorites. Also like bpearthwatch but be warned he is christian and puts his stuff in that perspective. Gives a usually good job at keeping eye on sun etc.

I think the sun plays the biggest role in most earthquake. Think of those lines around the earth protecting us in concert as a total package. Magnetics, ionic, atmospheric etc etc, now think of it like those magnetic lines of force in the magnet experiments. No it is not the same. But, it serves as a good way to see things we can't see.

When you bring another magnet or piece of metal into the magnets field you see dramatic movement of the metal shavings. You can also think of this movement as pressure. When the earth is bombarded with protons from the sun our shield has to flex and move and there is pressure involved in more ways than one. I think it does have an effect on our earth's crust.

I think we should also have devices on the floor of the oceans taking all kinds of measurements. The pressure, you can feel in the waves and currents changes all the time and I think that gravity, pull of the moon, the earth tilt, stressors on our shield all work together to cause some earthquakes.

Interesting stuff, nice OP.

The Bot

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'm very suspicious about all this but he had it all well thought out. .
I wonder if it also work with volcanic activities?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Since the data is not random as far as coronal holes and the alignments and can be plotted ahead of time I will wait until I see an accurate prediction made otherwise it is coincidence albeit a fascinating one...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Awesome video.

I have been working on a related model where inter-stellar medium density changes (low density to high) can increase friction at the "bow-shock" at the front of Sol's EMF influenced region of space, resulting in abnormal solar activities, and had come to a similar conclusion as the source video. The Sun absolutely has a correlation between Coronial Hole, CME and Flare actions and Seismic activity on Earth. I just went a bit further out there (literally) to determine the actual cause to be the new region of Inner-Stellar space density Sol's system entered into around 2001 (marked by the slowing down of Sol's movements through the galaxy).

Added friction at "Bow shock" = Added Solar activates (CME, Holes, Flares) = Added seismic activities observed on Earth and solar system wide warming trend.

Great OP.

God bless,

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Found this:

"A trans equatorial coronal hole (CH599) will likely rotate into an Earth facing position on January 9-10."
from this site

So Jan 9-10, 2014 is a possible big quake day?

new topics

top topics

join