It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Conspiracy 1: Is the North Star the Mothership?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Ok, so I don't have facts and figures to back me up but hear me out on this one, ATS. I've always had this fascination since a youth about the North Star and the possibility that it may be more than we know. If you look at it, you'll see that it doesn't twinkle like other stars I know that a star's twinkle has to do with the atmosphere as the Earth spins and that the North Star-"Polaris" is at a point where atmospheric movement isn't really a factor but I don't think this is the case. I looked at it once through some binoculars at I noticed something seemingly behind a light. I know this sounds crazy; even more so because I was stargazing with binoculars, but I do believe that I saw something.

Is the North Star "Polaris" the Mothership? Could it be some grand conspiracy where someone watches us from above disguised as a star? or am I just crazy? This would be one hell of a conspiracy if true.

What say you, ATS?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Polaris i think is multiple stars approx 430 light years from us. I doubt William Herschel thought it was a mothership when he first noticed it.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hmm I'll have to pay more attention to the north star and contemplate with this in mind.

My position on the globe provides a great view of the big dipper, especially on these clear, deep winter mornings.

Could be true, reality can't be as mundane as the PTB would prefer us to believe

Although I'm pretty sure the north star has been thoroughly studied and proven to be a star.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Ok, so I don't have facts and figures to back me up but hear me out on this one, ATS.

Ok so by your own admission right way you dont know what you are talking about.

but you think that the North Star is a UFO because of how it "twinkled" when you Gazed at it through a pair of binoculars over 400 light-years away from little blue planet called earth.

Sorry OP really not feeling you on this one.

I think its like the rest of the infinite beautiful little silvery dots that paint the black sky of night.... its a star....

not a mother-ship.

edit on 6-1-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

What say you, ATS?

rehashed idea,

take your pick, choose a point of light and that is where they are watching from.

The moon being the most popular

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ok, so I don't have facts and figures to back me up but hear me out on this one, ATS.

Ok so by your own admission right way you dont know what you are talking about.
but you think that the North Star is a UFO because of how it "twinkled" when you Gazed at it through a pair of binoculars over 400 light-years away on a little blue planet called earth.
Sorry OP really not feeling you on this one.

I think its like the rest of the infinite beautiful little silvery dots that paint the black sky of night.... its a star....

not a mother-ship.

By my own admission, I don't have facts to back myself up. Also, I don't think the North Star is something by how it twinkles but how it doesn't twinkle. Make your own observations before you come at me. And yes............it was binoculars.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

lostbook
Ok, so I don't have facts and figures to back me up but hear me out on this one, ATS. I've always had this fascination since a youth about the North Star and the possibility that it may be more than we know. If you look at it, you'll see that it doesn't twinkle like other stars I know that a star's twinkle has to do with the atmosphere as the Earth spins and that the North Star-"Polaris" is at a point where atmospheric movement isn't really a factor but I don't think this is the case. I looked at it once through some binoculars at I noticed something seemingly behind a light. I know this sounds crazy; even more so because I was stargazing with binoculars, but I do believe that I saw something.

Is the North Star "Polaris" the Mothership? Could it be some grand conspiracy where someone watches us from above disguised as a star? or am I just crazy? This would be one hell of a conspiracy if true.

What say you, ATS?

I do not know for sure, so sadly I can not answer your question, but I do know that I already seen some weird colors flashing whenever I try to make a visual focus on some stars, focusing long enough and they even seems to move, this is for real.

Now, does it mean it is a spaceship ? Well how to prove this would be the great question how to know for sure, but I have a feeling you could be right although I just lack the science and instruments to prove it. Interesting theory none the less.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I looked at it once through some binoculars at I noticed something seemingly behind a light.
Maybe you caught a glimpse of Polaris B - it is a triple star system. Not sure if binoculars would be
powerful enough to see B, someone with a better knowledge of observational astronomy will be able to tell you. Quite sure it is not a mothership though...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

The possibility that humans are being "watched" has been discussed before here on ATS and this thread ties into that idea although that was not its original purpose. It "IS" possible that the answer to all of our questions as to "why" sits up there disguised as a star and observes us . However, who has a spaceship to prove it true or not? Not me. Maybe the rumor that NASA was warned to stay away from the Moon is true. My theory about the North Star ties a lot of common conspiracy theories about Space, Aliens, technology together nicely, if true.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Is the North Star "Polaris" the Mothership? Could it be some grand conspiracy where someone watches us from above disguised as a star?
WAT?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So your logic goes...

It doesn't twinkle like other stars...therefor it is an Alien Mothership?

Either your logic is flawed or I am missing the leap and links to this conclusion.

Oh and why just the North Star (Polaris), I recently moved and still getting my bearings, but the stars that look familiar (Such as bright Vega) if not seeming to me little out of place, I do not instantly claim they are UFO's...
edit on 6-1-2014 by abeverage because: of all the stars

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I believe OP you are on to something. I live in Ontario Canada. I have had similar views on this theory aswell. I have also looked at the North star through binoc's and watched other star's aswell. But noticed with the N.S, it always has the destinct 5-7 or 8 colours always flashing. One time when I was out in Newfoundland, I was watching and filming the big dipper and the bottom right (cup part) of the dipper started to move away. That specific star also had the same colours flashing, as it moved away and went out of sight, I focused my vid corder back at the same star and it wasent flashing the same colours but different ones and less. I have noticed many stars seem to move every now and again, Ships disguising themselves as stars.

You have my support !!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

abeverage
So your logic goes...

It doesn't twinkle like other stars therefor Alien Mothership?

Either your logic is flawed or I am missing the leap and links to this conclusion.

Well, I said "It doesn't twinkle like other stars.." and "...I looked at it through binoculars and I saw something.."

I know it sounds crazy and I pose this as more of a hypothetical question-given the conspiracy driven nature of ATS. I looked at the North Star through binoculars; crazy right? and I thought I saw something there that I couldn't explain. As I posed this question on ATS, other possibilities surrounding this concept came to mind such as"why haven't we gone back to the Moon? or why are we seemingly alone? Is it because we're being watched? Is it aliens watching us? Is it advanced humans from the last extinction who were able to escape Earth? It is possible.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

cronic420
I believe OP you are on to something. I live in Ontario Canada. I have had similar views on this theory aswell. I have also looked at the North star through binoc's and watched other star's aswell. But noticed with the N.S, it always has the destinct 5-7 or 8 colours always flashing. One time when I was out in Newfoundland, I was watching and filming the big dipper and the bottom right (cup part) of the dipper started to move away. That specific star also had the same colours flashing, as it moved away and went out of sight, I focused my vid corder back at the same star and it wasent flashing the same colours but different ones and less. I have noticed many stars seem to move every now and again, Ships disguising themselves as stars.

You have my support !!

Thank you! Let me be clear that I don't think all stars are spaceships. Just some of them.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hey lost I'm not here to bash you for claiming what you think we are all entitled to our opinions and thoughts.

Polaris (the North Star) was discovered in 1780. This is my opinion, it's just a star. Civilisation had been around long before the North Star so I don't believe and alien mother ship turned up in 1780 and has sat there for over 200 years watching us.

As for the twinkling, the North Star isn't as bright as many people think. I've often looked at it and thought .. That's nothing special.

Either good luck with your beliefs
don't listen to any abrupt answers you may get from people on ats. Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

ThePeaceMaker
Hey lost I'm not here to bash you for claiming what you think we are all entitled to our opinions and thoughts.

Polaris (the North Star) was discovered in 1780. This is my opinion, it's just a star. Civilisation had been around long before the North Star so I don't believe and alien mother ship turned up in 1780 and has sat there for over 200 years watching us.

As for the twinkling, the North Star isn't as bright as many people think. I've often looked at it and thought .. That's nothing special.

Either good luck with your beliefs
don't listen to any abrupt answers you may get from people on ats. Enjoy!

Thank you for getting me straight. I didn't know that the North Star didn't exist until 1780!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

lostbook

abeverage
So your logic goes...

It doesn't twinkle like other stars therefor Alien Mothership?

Well, I said "It doesn't twinkle like other stars.." and "...I looked at it through binoculars and I saw something.."

I know it sounds crazy and I pose this as more of a hypothetical question-given the conspiracy driven nature of ATS. I looked at the North Star through binoculars; crazy right? and I thought I saw something there that I couldn't explain. As I posed this question on ATS, other possibilities surrounding this concept came to mind such as"why haven't we gone back to the Moon? or why are we seemingly alone? Is it because we're being watched? Is it aliens watching us? Is it advanced humans from the last extinction who were able to escape Earth? It is possible.

I have a telescope and often use Polaris to do the alignment (make sure it is pointing in the proper direction in order to track the night sky movement). I have never once noticed anything more than a twinkling star. The Telescope is several times more powerful then the average set of Binoculars.

The ancients used to believe the stars were hung in the sky or were fixed points of light or deities themselves.

So occasionally I got that same niggling suspicion that what if the stars were not what we believed? I got that telescope out of curiosity about the heavens, to understand them and appreciate them more thoroughly.

That said I am not refuting your claim that you saw something, but perhaps it was only near the star and not actually the star itself.
edit on 6-1-2014 by abeverage because: of more stars

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Erm no its a star and only a star.

Infact its a super gaint star which is so hot and will be so short lived its likley that not only does the system not support life but it probably never will.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
In the philosophical sense you would, in fact, be quite correct. For wouldn't all stars be "motherships" of a fashion?

They drift through the universe, bringing life to some planets while leaving others barren wastelands.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Thorneblood
In the philosophical sense you would, in fact, be quite correct. For wouldn't all stars be "motherships" of a fashion?

They drift through the universe, bringing life to some planets while leaving others barren wastelands.

You know looking at from that point of view you are absolutely correct!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join