It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Former WH Official Acknowledges Obama's 'Maybe' Not Good at Governing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This is enough to take my breath away.... This, from one of his own people, no less.

The jist of the short comments on CNN here are that he's outstanding at campaigning and perhaps, needs to find a campaign issue because governing may not be his strong point.

I'm thinking... Yeah... Ya think? The last one was a screw-up and what I think of as a trust fund baby without the trust fund for riding on family name or legacy. This one didn't even have THAT much going for him ...

Drudge's front page now is suggesting material from General Westley Clark is indicating Hillary making it official for a run. So we go from Little Abner, to clueless in Chicago, to a lightly brain damaged killer.

Oh someone save us from what we've created in this system with it's line of ..what? Sick jokes?

I look upon the last period of the Roman Empire with a fast succession of leaders...most bad and turning worse at the end ...and wonder how far off that we are? We elect image, and don't care a bit about substance. Even substance I disagree with beats what's here now and what came before it.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
So it took a lot of people 6 years and a re-election to figure this out?!?!? Not to mention all of his failures, lies and scandals!?!?!

Oh wait, party politics....

Idiots!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Well, recall! Some people are still just making friends with that same concept about the last guy and that's taken 13 years for them.

Still....Folks should be losing the 'benefit of the doubt' response by now, I'd think.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I avoid the drudge report like the plague. They define bias.
And this will be my one and only contribution to this thread.
Don't bother responding to my post as I will never see it.
edit on AM000000310000000110248312014-01-06T08:48:04-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Some guy on tv talks about the famous unnamed source at the White House. As usual no names so the person can't be questioned to see if they made the statement. Does this guy have a book for sale?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Of course Hillary is going to run. Do you think the Democrats are going to abandon their new found distraction technique of calling dissenters racists? With Hillary, they can just change the word racist to misogynist and we get 4 more years of feel good legislation while squelching all opposition with baseless ad hominem attacks. Even if she didn't want to run, I'm sure there would be a strong push to get her to do it anyways.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

I avoid the drudge report like the plague. They define bias.
And this will be my one and only contribution to this thread.
Don't bother responding to my post as I will never see it.
edit on AM000000310000000110248312014-01-06T08:48:04-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry you don't check your replies... I'll note something about Drudge though, since it's a bias issue I often hear.

Matt Drudge, in my opinion, is very biased. He makes no bones about it and I check his site a few times a day with that firmly in mind. Drudge doesn't write anything though. Not even a headline in most cases. They simply aggregate headlines from MSM all over the world. Sometimes (usually) Western media..sometimes, international media and usually from a conservative outlook to choose them.

In the Hillary reference, the material is sourced to Retired General Clark directly ..so, it is what it is and source to have grabbed the story isn't what I'm looking for. Just the story itself. It could as easily have crossed the A.P. or Reuters Wire, which Drudge often pulls headlines from too. (I watch all 3)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Obama is "maybe" not good at governing in much the same way that drinking arsenic is "maybe" a bad idea.

It'd be fantastic if more people and politicians would call it like it is, and point out that our so-called "leaders" are nothing more than lying, murdering, hypocritical criminals. And so long as we as a people keep electing the same scumbags to represent mankind, we'll keep getting the same dysfunctional society as a result.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Heck, even HuffPo admitted to using Drudge to get traffic for themselves. But that's why I like the interwebs. I can look at stories from all sides.

Back on topic, I think 'ol Wesley is trying to position himself for some top job if she runs and lord forbid...wins.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

six67seven
So it took a lot of people 6 years and a re-election to figure this out?!?!? Not to mention all of his failures, lies and scandals!?!?!

Oh wait, party politics....

Idiots!

Scandals and Failures are part and parcel of this administration. But I don't think he really lied a whole lot. He is doing what he said in his campaign. To fundamentally change America. And he is unfortunately succeeding.

If Billary wins...I'm outta here.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
We haven't had a good governing president since Franklin Roosevelt.

But hey I thought CNN was jut a liberal propaganda outlet not to be trusted or taken seriously....

I guess the only news sources we take seriously are the ones that we agree with huh?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

muse7

But hey I thought CNN was jut a liberal propaganda outlet not to be trusted or taken seriously....

I guess the only news sources we take seriously are the ones that we agree with huh?

If you can't see the thing personally, you have to rely on what someone else says.

There was a time that we thought we could believe what established news organizations said in their broadcasts. That ended for me when NBC used pyrotechnic devices to show how prone GMC pickup trucks were to explode when involved in traffic collisions. Try as they might, they couldn't get them to blow up in tests that they were doing for a news segment.... so they made sure that they blew up. Then they forgot to include that info in their broadcast.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

muse7

I'll actually agree with the FDR assessment. I had to think a moment ...and FDR had his ups and downs too...but no one can say the man wasn't his own man and leader. He blazed the path he thought was right and did fairly well in a World War to boot. Kennedy had hope..but we saw how that ended and some alive for those years tell me he's very overrated to the real life version anyway. Hard to say...

Lyndon and Obama would get along great if Race wasn't there, I'd think. So much in common..except one knew when not to run again and the other didn't. You're right tho... Even Reagan, who I think well of in some ways ...REALLY screwed the pooch beyond recovery in others, like American Mental Health services and of course much of the Middle East mess for modern roots.

Maybe they need a national lottery to pick the next President. The only qualifications are U.S. Citizenship, over 21 years old and absolutely NO prior job or position related to politics of ANY kind.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Doesn't take a former WH anything to tell me that 0bama has no clue.

Good find though.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
No kidding ?

Did anyone really need CNN, or a former white house employee to know this?

There has been a long destuctive path for anyone to follow who was willing to see.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ok I posted this in a tread about making a new "party" But it applies here and I'm too lazy/sick to retype it

Lilroanie
Until you can fix THIS and make sure everyone who votes KNOWS what/who they are voting for and not just "incumbant" or "party" or whatever momma told me too etc etc ad nauseum. A new party won't do anymore than any other non rep-dem party has done in the past.

I agree with you a hundred percent though we NEED to give everyone a choice that isn't the status quo and party line. We need to cut back the govt chaff and bring our country back to sanity. Being what it is though personally I think it is too little too late. We're all going to fall down the rabbit hole soon'ish and I really don't see a way to stop it anymore.

Whenever anyone gripes about things going on in our country today to me I ALWAYS ask first thing "Do you vote?" if they quibble or say no I tell em flat out "Then what you say means bleep all to me cause YOU are part of the problem!" Just like all the SMART people getting out of jury duty then bitching cause our "justice system" sucks.

If people don't VOTE, and do our civic duty as citizens of this once great country instead of armchair quarterbacking and lip service (It's ok really the govt will fix/handle it and make things right :rolls eyes:.), nothing will change, even though I think things are to the point our votes really mean diddly squat cause it's all rigged to say whatever TPTB want it too, all they need is a person to vote and they take it from there heh.

Ok I'll end here or I'll go off topic and into my favorite rants which I've already done here 8 years ago I think lol

Lil

Until more than 58.2% of the populous votes and until they do it INTELLIGENTLY on THE ISSUES and INTEGRITY of our candidates and not how "Ohh He/She's hotzors, let's vote fer him/her uh uh uh grunt snort!" AND we get to vote in such a way it can't be changed at will to suit "their" needs. We're pretty much hosed.

Lil

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

muse7

Ermm yeah...NO, gonna have to agree to disagree here. FDR is the one who started this mess, New Deal anyone? Social Security, Big Gov't, more Taxes, work programs and subsidies?? All started during FDR's reign FDR The destruction of our rights has being ongoing for far too many generations.

Give TPTB credit though for being patient and executing a loooooooong term, worldwide, well thought out plan and not caring if they ever saw the fruits of their labors. And most people today STILL don't see it. They are way to focused on the individual acts to step back and see republican, democrat, hell even American, whatever doesn't matter, they are ALL corrupt puppets doing what they are told, and we(the world populous) are the cattle/property of those truly in power.

Lil

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lilroanie

Ermm yeah...NO, gonna have to agree to disagree here. FDR is the one who started this mess, New Deal anyone? Social Security, Big Gov't, more Taxes, work programs and subsidies?? All started during FDR's reign FDR The destruction of our rights has being ongoing for far too many generations.

Star for your reply...and I might seem a little contradictory here, but I agree with you and Muse both and at the same time.

What FDR did in long term impact was disaster on a stick. Nothing worked out quite as intended and everything went to hell in a handbasket once human corruption and greed factored in from the Congressional level on down. The thing is... FDR MEANT WELL and his intentions were pure, in my opinion and on these specific things.

After all, FDR had just watched and help lead the nation out of the great Depression. We'd have that and MUCH WORSE today, right now, if food stamps, Social Sec, Medi- programs and Unemployment were cut.

At last count, you'd have something around 49 million individual Americans hungry, angry and either unsheltered or soon to be without shelter. FDR's programs are all that has prevented that from being our current reality.

....So, it's a mixed look I take at FDR while I really condemn modern politicians who admire what FDR did for repeating it. FDR didn't know what he started would implode. Current ones have hindsight to KNOW that. FDR knew what America had just endured could never happen again..and so he acted and fixed it. I admire that ...and wish only that he'd had the hindsight current leaders do, to know how wrong it all was for how it had been designed.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The cracks are finally starting to show on Obama.. While a lot of us has seen it from the beginning, more and more people are catching on what Obama really is..

People got a real wake up call when their insurance plan was WIPED OUT.. To bad it had to go so far as to hurt the people who make this country work the middle class!

Hearing one of Obama's close people coming out of the box and saying this is HUGE.

I think we will see and hear many more people REALLY WAKING UP to Obama as the roof comes
down on their own heads...
Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I hear ya, except, My grandma was born in 1900 and died in 2002 and THE STORIES she told, omg. Can you imagine what she saw and lived through? 102 years today I don't think we'll see things we can't imagine today.

But 1900 to 2002? She was in China when it was invaded, the Philippines, Pearl Harbor, Actually had a Zero pilot wave at her as he passed her apartment window on his way to bomb the harbor, that's how close they were (lol think she was jinxed? Evacuated 3 times rofl) And a million more, Wow!

Ok Here's my "but" She said from personal experience that the depression was a set up. Her family went from upper middle class people who had a restaurant, to traveling with a carnival in vans serving food. I'll have to dig out my video interviews I did with her when she was like 95 or so.

We had so much fun, and the stuff she told me was eye opening. I can't remember the details but she was convinced that the Gov't set it all up because people were doing too good and they wanted more control. Kinda like the 80's yeah?

The reason I asked her the question in the first place was she said (in the 80s) "This is like the great Depression all over again. Things get going good for everyone and the people have enough resources to stand up to Gov't interference and BOOM slam the hammer and pop that bubble, get rid of their resources so they NEED the Gov't to "save them"." It disgusted her heh.

Lil

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join