It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane lands on Expressway in NYC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Another Bronx, NYC event (a week after explosions felt around NYE) Please remove if posted prior.

gothamist.com...

Apparently a small plane landed on the Major Deegan Expressway, a major tri-state traffic carrier!

What would you do, if you saw a plane about to land 'on' you in your windshield or rear view?!?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I bet I know the pilot! LOL
This past Nov while flying back from NYC I was on a much smaller plane that had less than 10 people aboard. 3 rows in front of me was a pilot also along for the ride. When we were coming into TN the pilot banked the plane so hard we went sideways. Meaning: I looked out the window and seen more of the ground and less of the sky, it scared the crap out of me!
After we landed which wasn't very smooth I began grabbing all my stuff and I overheard the pilot that was sitting near me on his cell phone talking about how bad the flight was, he said "my laptop flew off my lap and he banked it horribly".
I'm just glad there was a back up pilot on board...just in case.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I am a commercial LTA pilot. This kind of thing happens much more often than people realize. It is in fact a great thing to have highways to land on in an engine out situation. Most small planes have stall speeds that are pretty low so slowing down and landing behind or in front of traffic is pretty easy.

I do it on flight sims all the time.

join