It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

clouds paused and then stopped. ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
i was outside the other night and i was leaning back on my aunts car rewinding my cassette tape(i was about to start poppin) and i started looking at the moon, nothing special. then i noticed that the clouds started jerking, as if they kept pausing in and out. so i pay attention to this and then i noticed that if i focussed a little more, they didnt just pause, they stopped and then when i broke my concentration, they moved again. this went on and off, pausing and stopping, for like ten minutes and then i went on with my buisness.

have any of you experienced this before.

was i stopping the clouds, because they always started off from where i believed i stopped them.(after i stop concentrating) was i stopping time or jumping inbetween seconds or something.

anyone got a theory

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmy1200
anyone got a theory

Yeah, I think you were just seeing things. If the clouds are thin enough the moonlight could make them appear to be doing things they arn't.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
it sounds like you had already started popping...pills that is

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
wow, forums are becoming less and less interesting everyday because of b.s replies.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
like the one you just posted? or this one?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Everyone needs to stay on topic. If you don't have anything to contribute, don't post at all.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Could it be that the wind was coming and going in gusts? That would do it, like if the wind starts blowing for a bit then stops, that means the clouds would slow down alot if not stop.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think its a trick of light or of the eyes or both. I have seen a similar effect myself. That high up the winds are quite strong and fairly constant, its unlikly they are stopping and starting. Were you watching through the cars windscreen? thick curved glass bends light, refraction can make things appear larger than they are i.e. cloud. Moving objects further away appear to move faster than things closer aswell.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Because not many others do any more. Have you ever experienced anything like this before, like telekinesis or unexplainable events happening around you?

Not exactly related but I've noticed street lights turning of when I walk by them, always a little strange. I'm sure lots of you have though.

Peace

Tandino

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
yeah ive experienced all kinds of phenomenon. alot of time distortion stuff. like feeling as if things were speeding up way to much to the point that i used to spaz out, it was a very unexplainable experience but ive experienced alot of things.
someone said something about wind gust earlier. well like i said, it appeared to bew caused by my own concentration, because when i didnt concentrate on it, it just kept moving along. now this could be some synchronicity and i was doing something that im not aware about or just a coincedence.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I you concentrate hard enough, you can control the weather patterns around yourself, or at least what you mind percieves. YOu can make yourself hot and cold also. If it happens when other people are around, ask if they see the same thing, and they should If they do, you have a gift, not a mental illness. If they don't see what you see, go see a dcotor, as it could be a sign of a futrue health issues.

also, When you get angry, or emotional do things around you fall over or affect electical components?

[edit on 23-11-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you have no mental powers that control the clouds motions. What you are "controlling" is all in your head and how your brain perceives what it's looking at.

Its called The frame of Reference in Anomalous motion illusions and ergonomics of human fallacy

Read, learn, progress.

Edit:

The pdf link seems to be bugging out on my end, so heres a html link of the pdf (without pictures) if it doesnt load for you
HTML

[edit on 11/23/2004 by QuietSoul]

[edit on 11/23/2004 by QuietSoul]

top topics

join