It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Civil Disobedience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Okay this is just a shot out there to see what people think, but what if everyone who disagreed with the way our Government is using our tax dollars was to change there W-4 to exempt for one month as a shot across the bow to our current government that we will not fund their unconstitutional ambitions?

Please respond with why this would or would not work and what you think of it in general.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Why change back? Why are you paying income taxes at all? Start your own business or work as an independent contractor; or just work for cash under the table. Screw O and his regime. I have been on a tax strike since this time last year.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Honestly I have been thinking about it due to some life changing events that have happened in my life and am currently looking into going to work for myself. I do not believe in breaking the law of man unless it is to serve a purpose, I have done my ignore the law stuff in my younger years and am still paying for it in some ways, so I still prefer not to buck the system, but would love to find a way to let the current regime of politicians know that I am a free man and will fight to stay that way. I don't blame just Obama because without a body the head can do nothing I think the federal Government has gotten to big for its britches and needs to back down.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

If a thousand honest men were not to pay their tax this year, that would not be a violent and bloody measure, as it would be to pay them, and enable the state to commit violence and shed innocent blood. This is, in fact, the only definition of a peaceable revolution, if any such is possible.

When I converse with the freest of my neighbors, I perceive that, whatever they may say about the magnitude and seriousness of the question, and their regard for the public tranquillity, the long and the short of the matter is, that they cannot spare the protection of the existing government, and they dread the consequences to their property and families of disobedience to it.

I, on the other hand, can afford to refuse allegiance to the government, and its right to my property and life. It costs me less in every sense to incur the penalty of disobedience than it would to obey. When I meet a government which says to me, "Your money or your life, " why should I be in haste to give it my money? The state is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength. I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.

Thoreau thought it was a pretty good idea back in 1849. Still a good idea today, IMO.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

DarthMuerte
Why change back? Why are you paying income taxes at all? Start your own business or work as an independent contractor; or just work for cash under the table. Screw O and his regime. I have been on a tax strike since this time last year.

Same here.
And I haven't heard a word one from the IRS about it either.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

DarthMuerte

Well, what about all the things you use that you are not paying for. I mean come on, this is not about Obama. It is about having safe food to eat and drink, I doubt that you grow all your own food and drink. Police and fire, fda, faa, it goes on and on. I mean you don't hurt Obama by doing this, you hurt yourself and the rest of us. As well you hurt all those people who work in these support roles. The government does do a great deal of things we do need and depend on.

It's just not that simple.

The Bot

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RagnarDanniskjold

Why be so defined and choose a single motive to protest about. It is not just about tax, it is about corrupt politicians that no longer serve the needs of the people. It is about a system that is allowing the systemic death of our planet, creating wars and an economic system that leaves many in poverty.

It is not just about taxes or the USA. It is about people, the world we live in and the relationship we have with each other. It is a war being fought against humanity.

Civil disobedience is already occurring. Protest is rife and occurring globally. What do you think the occupy movement was about. It is a statement. It is a strike against the very culture that we live in.

Where it goes from here is collectively up to us..

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

dlbott

Well, what about all the things you use that you are not paying for. I mean come on, this is not about Obama. It is about having safe food to eat and drink, I doubt that you grow all your own food and drink. Police and fire, fda, faa, it goes on and on. I mean you don't hurt Obama by doing this, you hurt yourself and the rest of us. As well you hurt all those people who work in these support roles. The government does do a great deal of things we do need and depend on.

It's just not that simple.

The Bot

Thats why I say lets start with a clear defined 1 month with the message that we will not support the federal governments actions and spending practices. Usually your state and local taxes handle those things you are concerned with. To address your specific concern over safe food all I have to say is, how many FDA approved foods and medications have been recalled. I see lawsuit comercials all the time for fda approved crap

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

example

This self sustaining entity is not dependent upon our consent; they'll just keep printing vouchers.

It's in honoring the value of said vouchers.

Aristotle said money was a good way (necessary) to value trade goods- so that the value retains itself on a foreign land.

Trading goods for money so that we cooperate with each other on an equal basis. Money today is why we fail to cooperate on an equal basis.

People should just stop serving the master of disaster, imoho.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
wow funny post .
so you been cheating taxes and no IRS ? lol its because to IRS your NO ONE .
Just like me IRS doesnt give one flip about the measly 200- 1000$ they mite get from you a year.
They care about the 100k they can get from your bosses bussiness.
Get over your self no one gives a hoot about you or me why 5 years after we die no one will even say our names 50 years no one will rember them. 100 years the wont be writen anyware except aver old grave stone.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Haven't claimed less then nine dependents for years.
So I pay in very little. But don't get anything back.
Never have heard a word even when I don't file.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by midnightstar

Well it means nothing if just I did it, but if a million of us all cut their 200 bucks a week they take from our checks for just one month that would take a decent chunk out of the irs expected revenue. Again I am not saying it will be a cure my question is would it be an effective message.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

It would be a punch in the mouth to the criminal international bankers who control the usurper government Americans now live under.

All income tax goes to the federal reserve. All of it. Not a single cent of income tax goes to any services whatsoever. It's all just a giant racket.

The tax "contribution" many seem to think is going to services, like funding the government, schools, infrastructure, military, etc., is in actuality being paid solely to federal reserve shareholders that create debt paper out of nothing and charge us interest on the notes.

Not only is this an incredibly stupid way to run a society, it is also illegal, as theses money powers are specifically reserved to Congress by the Constitution.

Here is an excerpt from the Congressional Grace Commission Report. The entire report can be read from a PDF document provided at the link below.

100 percent of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the federal debt and by federal government contributions to transfer payments. In other words, all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services that taxpayers expect from their government.

oai.dtic.mil...

edit on 01America/Chicago31pm2014-01-07T14:24:32-06:00201401America/Chicago31 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

top topics

join