It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

venting after a tough day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
OK this is a really silly thread and I'll just be complaining about anything that comes to mind.

This is also my first thread, and I'm using this as practice for a real thread down the line.

I want to start by complaining about working in the bar biz. I'm not even a "people-person" though I ended up working a bar. Customers drive me bat-s-crazy. If you are standing in line to order...get the frack off the phone. I want to smack that device out of your hands and scream at the top of my lungs. Show some respect. You wish the bar was open longer, I wish you weren't here drinking at noon. And a big FU to my manager for clocking in an hour late then bailing on us for the rest of the day.

I cannot stand televised sporting events. It's a money grab, and its divisive. People yell at the television, and say things like, "We are a good team, we just need to play the zone better," or " we will do better next game."
You know what? You don't actually play for the team. You are not the water boy.
Players get hurt then games halt so the injured can be taken off the field. Fudge that. If you are making 6 or 7 figure money, you better be crawling on the field. I don't care if you've got a compound fracture. Earn that million.

I want to B & moan about phone calls and texts awakening me before the alarm. I want to choke the sunlight that creeps across my pillow. I want to strangle the rooster who crows without the sun--and similarly the birds singing through the night.

I hate when I'm talking to you and you pull out your cell phone.
I hate when I shake your hand, and you tighten your grip before I've got my hand situated in a proper clasp, and then you think I'm weak or effeminate, and years later you pass me up for promotion because, after all, first impressions are everything.

I wanna smash yr face when I'm going 5-10 over the speed limit, and you speed by, switching lanes back and forth to get one car ahead.

F that raven with a rusty nail for defecating on my freshly washed vehicle.

It's total BS that my phone battery dies with 10% charge. Why don't you just read "0"?

What gives with members who have been on ATS for a matter of weeks with 1000's of post? You're averaging what, 30 posts a day? No one could possibly have that many opinions. None worth bothering to type I'd wager. Seriously. This really annoys me and it really should not.

These are a few thoughts that have occupied my brain today. I know it is all fickle, and that I should take a deep breath and go about my day, but I find myself clenching my jaw even recounting some of these events as I type.

What say you ATSers? Can you relate to any of these? What is your method of coping with these and other stresses?
edit on 1/5/2014 by GoodDocGonzo because: and why can I not indent my dang paragraphs?!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Great rant

As an ex barman/landlord I know exactly what you mean but at least when I was a landlord of my pubs I would just bar people for being rude or tell them straight "you come in here you treat this place and its staff with respect or you don't come back".
In the late 90's when phones came out I banned them from my pub
I even put one in a full pint glass because the guy was talking so loud and annoying everyone. He went all red faced and said "you are going to pay for that" I just said "Sue me! and P*ss off out of here"..never heard from him again.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Thanks! Yours was a great post too. I'd love to see the look on the face of the man with brew soaked cell. Odds are stacked against me though. I'm not quite high enough up the food chain to 86 someone without managerial approval. Also, without too much detail, my bar is on a military base, and 99.9% of our customer base are all "hive-minded." I hope that doesn't come off as insulting to our military members here. It just kind of is-what-it-is" with the boot camp/training/necessary mentality. Haha. I'd be outnumbered and out voted quite quickly. Go Team Meat & Cheese.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

GoodDocGonzo

What gives with members who have been on ATS for a matter of weeks with 1000's of post? You're averaging what, 30 posts a day? No one could possibly have that many opinions. None worth bothering to type I'd wager. Seriously. This really annoys me and it really should not.

I have wondered about this too. I wish I had enough spare time to post 30 posts a day, but honestly, don't think I could.
I guess those people don't work, have a social life, or whatnot.
I think my top was 10 posts a day, and that was me answering and helping people at the ATS Avatar Creations thread.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodDocGonzo

today i got so mad at someone i got a migraine

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
We're going to get along Gonzo

# that Raven, you should of done the bird call and asked for a one on one death match, hate that #.

I can relate to everything, especially the boss thing. When I hand my notice in at work, I'm going to run into my Branch Managers office and drop kick that motherfuka so hard that he will actually think he manages a branch of a Tree.

Sometimes, I want to go super saiyan in my work but people would know I'm weird and I'd get fired.

respect Gonzo, get ti off the chest before you beat somebody down, thats what I say anyway haha

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
come on! chin up ye land luvvin scaliwags

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It's better to rant then to ran your fist up somebody's teeth!

Hope you feel better now

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

that depends

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodDocGonzo

I worked in a rather large local bar for quite a while and I am grateful for the experience.
Why you ask??
Well the drunk guys yelling at the sports game on the television just reinforced my belief that I am much better than that poor sap, I'm not a drunk nor brainwashed by teams, and best of all I have someone to go home to!
Working in a bar helped me realize that 99 percent of women out there are TRASH, either that or mine is extremely exceptional compared to said trash.
The bar was my fishbowl, and I learned a lot about people there and how/why they do what they do.
Don't hate them, study them and see how good your life really is.
And the bird crapping on your car, I am the proud owner of a very nice Gamo pellet rifle with a 50 mm objective lens scope.
I can kill a gnat @ a hundred yards!!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Years ago I found myself in a position to leave a real good job, it was secure, well paying and a semi prestigious job.
I gave no notice, I just boxed up all of my company issue garbage and walked into the bosses office and said I QUIT!
Well I had been there quite awhile and he was SHOCKED as I was a fixture there it seemed.
He asked, "well what are you going to do from here, where will you go"??
And with a $#@! eating grin on my face I said, "I really don't know, McDonalds, Taco Bell, anywhere but here"!
The look on his face was more than priceless, to suggest his line of work was worse than fast food kind of drove the point home as to how tired I was of the company bullspit.
I shook his hand and left the building.
Good times!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

edit on 5-1-2014 by LadySkadi because: /end rant

new topics

top topics

join