It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian beer brewer's tomb found in Luxor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Coloured inscriptions on a newly discovered tomb in Egypt belonging to an ancient beer brewer in the city of Luxor that is more than 3,000 years old.

I don't know if this is very important but the paintings look quite well preserved and probably give some interesting information about life during that period.

ARCHAEOLOGISTS have unearthed the tomb of an ancient beer brewer in the city of Luxor in Egypt that is more than 3,000 years old. Egypt's minister of antiquities Mohammed Ibrahim said the tomb was discovered by Japanese archaeologists and belonged to Khonso Em Heb.

The tomb of Khonso Em Heb., who lived 3,200 years ago, was "one of the most important discoveries made in the city of Luxor ... at the Thebes necropolis", he said. The tomb dates back to the Ramesside period and belongs to the chief "maker of beer for gods of the dead" who was also the head of a warehouse.

More coloured inscriptions on a newly discovered tomb in Luxor, Egypt.

Apparently the walls of the tomb's chambers contain "fabulous designs and colours, reflecting details of daily life ... along with their religious rituals."

The archaeologists discovered the site while cleaning the courtyard of "another tomb belonging to a top official from the reign of King Amenhotep III of the 18th dynasty", said Jiro Kondo, head of the Japanese team from Waseda University. The tomb will be placed under tight security until the excavation work is completed, the ministry said.

Source"
www.news.com.au...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Thanks OP, I found another article and photo, they were Japanese archeologists that unearthed the tomb and artifacts, this is a great discovery because of the artwork and the great details, 3200 years ago, now that is a time capsule of sorts.

I would have posted the picture like you did but , can't figure that one out, my library control does not show the images I uploaded, maybe you can ?
Morroco World News Site
edit on 4-1-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Beer built the pyramids!
Thank you ancient egypt.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

Thanks OP, I found another article and photo, they were Japanese archeologists that unearthed the tomb and artifacts.

Yap, that's for sure

Same prob. with upload.

edit on pam104America/ChicagoSat, 04 Jan 2014 04:10:15 -0600156am14 by pandersway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pandersway

I can't wait to see the rest of the artifacts and art, they said they brought in security roped everything off, I hate when that happens, only these two pictures to release for now ?
edit on 4-1-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

Yeah, the tomb is under tight security.....you can imagine if it were left unguarded.....

top topics

join