It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I gave u a dollar.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Where I live, feed a man a fish, and he's fed for a day. Give a man a fish every day and he doesn't have to buy a fishing license. I saw so many people over the festive period with so much excess, directly next to so many people with nothing. Any one of them could have spared a dollar to help the less fortunate, but that extra bag of potato chips was just too important. None of us need to be without. None of us would go without if we helped, either.

A fishing license is nothing more than a fee you pay to the government, to catch fish that no one owns on land that should be all of ours by right of birth. It's not the individuals fault society has become so entrenched with people that it can barely support itself without being fined or forced to pay to do things that are part of life itself.

And to counter that with "If everyone did it there would be none left." I accept that. But I doubt those who can hunt on full bellies are going to bother themselves with all that hard work.

There is a homeless man in my city, I really want to talk with one day.. he draws things sitting at a bus stop, and every time I've glanced at his work, it's numbers and geometry. I rekon he'd make a great thread on here, for what is in his mind. Perhaps I could buy some time from him with the OP's dollar !!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If it's an American dollar.I'm taking it to Canada and turning it into $1.50. Or I'm gonna borrow another one and go buy me a cup of coffee....or go to Star Bucks and get just the cup.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

put it in my piggy bank

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Zeppp

bigfatfurrytexan

Zeppp
Why do you assume I would take your dollar?

He didn't. He asked you what you would do if he gave you a dollar. Your answer seems to be, "not accept it".

Why do you assume he is forcing you to take something you do not want? Matter of fact, "refuse the gift" was an option.

2 posts by you I have read. Both were one liners. Just sayin.
edit on 1/3/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

Then why didn't he ask "If I offered you a dollar would you take it"? Words have meanings child!

I'd probably use it to buy a stamp so I could write an old fashioned letter to a friend on ATS who's father in law is dying.

I've just been looking through your profile
Firstly BFFT is a very respected member on ATS you'd do well to remember that

Secondly it's wise to remember

Just saying

edit on 4/1/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I would put it on "red" and hope to double up.

Then I'd put the $2 on red again and make $4.
Then I'd put the $4 on red again and make $8.
Then I'd put the $8 on red again and make $16.
Then I'd put the $16 on red again and make $32.
Then I'd put the $32 on red again and make $64.
Then I'd put the $64 on red again and make $128.
Then I'd put the $128 on red again and make $256.
etc.
etc.

Until I hit a million. Then I'd use the million on therapy to fix my gambling addiction.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I would probably break it into change and put it in the ashtray of my truck, as I have a doctor's appointment in a couple weeks and I have to use a toll road to get there--45 cents each way. That leaves a whopping 10 cents. I'll be living the good life then--thanks to you!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join