It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists searching the Internet for evidence of timetravelers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

If I go back in time, and accidentally destroy the World in 1800, this will not cause the destruction of my original universe (the one I was in before I went back in time). That's because the world's destruction will happen in an alternative universe, leaving my original universe (the one where I was before going back in time) intact. The alternative universe was created as soon as I popped into existence in 1800, since I wasn't supposed to be there in the first place, according to my original universe's history.

This is the only way to solve the Time Paradox. It also confirms that the Many-Worlds hypothesis is the right one.

edit on 3-1-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

swanne

If I go back in time, and accidentally destroy the World in 1800, this will not cause the destruction of my original universe (the one I was in before I went back in time). That's because the world's destruction will happen in an alternative universe, leaving my original universe (the one where I was before going back in time) intact. The alternative universe was created as soon as I popped into existence in 1800, since I wasn't supposed to be there in the first place, according to my original universe's history.

This is the only way to solve the Time Paradox. It also confirms that the Many-Worlds hypothesis is the right one.

edit on 3-1-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

Yes.

That's what I said.

You could return to your originating point of reference, and then, if desired, return back to 1800 and destroy the world again as many times as one desired, as many different ways as one desired and still have an intact already observed unaltered point of origin reference point to return to.

One could even go to 1799.99 and observe oneself destroying the world, or, even prevent it by killing one's own self, without causing paradox.

A simple way of looking at observability is to imagine travelling X number of light years distant from any Y event (FTL), and then observing it occur (again), though it's a projection of the originating event through space-time at the speed of light and cannot be changed.

We do this already with astronomy. We look at the stars and we are looking at the past.
The thing with actual time-travel, would, however, allow for interaction as well as extra-observability.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
i am certain i am no timetraveler...

but, myself and an unknown number of others are what is termed as a '~Future Throw-backs~'

in my case... since i was a pre-teen I was always living in the future... i had black friends while others were locked in their bigotry and always slamming the minorities as dumb, and stinky and stereotypical shufflers in life...

i saw the Dick Tracy TV watch/telephone as just around the corner from being something everyone had...

i signed up for computers while in the Army back in 1967, knowing full well that we will all be connected and be very familiar with the typewriter keyboard as a part of normal life

there are hundreds of things i was aware of some 30-40 years ahead of their time

but the future has been getting fufilled---as i saw it --- eversince 2001 with the 911 event and things progressively had come into reality up till 2009... about all thats left is for man to genetically engineer himself into a super-human (which was the goal also of the Nazi's)
oh there might be a few other semi important things that have not caught up with my 'future throw-back' mind,,,

but that still not accomplished genetic/DNA manipulation of humans is the biggie that i had all my life --- when the mad scientists break through that frontier
---then that's when the Creator interveens and sends humanity back to the hunter gatherer society that cannot unbalance the created universe

not a time traveler----just a future throw-back whose living timeline is approaching equilibrium with the once futuristic mind i was born into-

believe-it-or-not...i am certain some of the ATS members are also of the group called future-throw-backs who watch the times and history catch-up with what they had envisioned and taken for granted since they were toddlers (ahead of their time)
edit on rd31138878831903312014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

rickymouse
Someone in the future may possibly find how to send signals through time to interact with people's brains.

I saw that movie too. Most people didn't like it but I thought it kicked ass. There were a lot of subtle bits in it I think most people didn't catch.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

You could return to your originating point of reference...

That's an issue. You won't find your point of departure there any more. There will be a sheaf of somewhat similar worldlines that diverge from the instant you left, because the multiverse is going to keep generating worldlines after you go. The longer you're gone, the more diverse a set of "originating points" there will be to return to.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

St Udio

---then that's when the Creator interveens and sends humanity back to the hunter gatherer society that cannot unbalance the created universe

I disagree with this assertion.
From my perspective, some insignificant self-aware, self conscious, curious monkeys on some insignificant speck of dust travelling around a distant position in one of the arms of a Galaxy filled with hundreds of Billions of other planets and stars, in a Universe with Hundreds of Billions of other Galaxies with their very own Hundreds of Billions of planets and stars means nothing.

As far as the future goes; if we make ourselves superhuman, turn ourselves into robots, turn ourselves into 'gods', or commit species suicide, the rest of the Universe won't even notice.

If there is some 'creator(s)' they're too busy ignoring us somewhere else in the Galaxy or Universe.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I read this thread for the first time in March 2014

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Guys, just wait until we get to the post/trans humanism stage. Its right around the corner, and we are in for some WILD times. Time travel is certainly possible into the future and possibly into the past.

Once we figure out FTL travel and how to put our consciousness into a computer, we very well could become god like.

If we can just make it that long without killing ourselves off the future looks to be quite exciting. And I agree with Alice. I think that the creator will look at us become like God ourselves and think "this is good. Now I have less work to do." Haha

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Bedlam

AliceBleachWhite

You could return to your originating point of reference...

That's an issue. You won't find your point of departure there any more. There will be a sheaf of somewhat similar worldlines that diverge from the instant you left, because the multiverse is going to keep generating worldlines after you go. The longer you're gone, the more diverse a set of "originating points" there will be to return to.

I disagree with this. There are other observers present at the point of origin.

Further, once the point of origin is observed, it remains observed and fixed.

Thus, if we left "here", and "now", since we've observed "here" and "now", we could always come back to "here" and "now".

Granted, finding "here" and "now" out of all the noise created by alternatives stemming from any alterations caused in travelling would perhaps be a bit of a trick.

I think we even have a TV show exploring this with Sliders.

I would suggest for anyone interested in embarking on such a trip with aims on returning to their original point of origin to set up a complex, encrypted 'beacon' at the point of origin; something like a packet checksum to confirm receipt of one's own self at the desired delivery point similar already well established protocols already available on the internet.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Think of all of the technical achievements of the human race, from stone tools, to the Higgs Boson...

Basically, what we can think about and technically describe, we eventually achieve.

“If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.”
William Arthur Ward

So, yes, some day we will achieve time travel, and so yes, time travelers from the future are here now, and most likely during parts of our history where we never learned the real truth about the event and/or where serious details were missing.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I often wonder if some of the Gods of old were time travelers. It appears that someone in the past dropped some heavy knowledge on our ancestors. That silly Mayan long count calendar is a good example.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

JayinAR
reply to post by charlyv

I often wonder if some of the Gods of old were time travelers. It appears that someone in the past dropped some heavy knowledge on our ancestors. That silly Mayan long count calendar is a good example.

I would be more surprised if some of that did not happen, given the logical certainty that time travelers exist.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I don't know that I agree about it being a logical certainty.
Possibility, sure.

Did any of you guys see the Penn and Teller time traveller thing? That was pretty cool, even if it was just a gag.

I think this thread is a writeup on it. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-1-2014 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Logic itself is a human manifestation. So, as said, logical certainty. Anything is possible.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

rickymouse
It would be hard for a person to travel through time. Someone in the future may possibly find how to send signals through time..

Impossible for a person to travel through time. Possible for "information" to be sent back (only) in time.

Has happened, more than you'd be willing to believe. There are inherent dangers in altering destinies and sometimes severe consequences unforeseen, if you alter the past significantly you create a new divergent timeline your present remains unchanged.... I could go on and on and on, though I can't... Not yet.

IMO

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by JayinAR

I remember that guy. I wonder if it actually worked and that's why we haven't heard anything more about it.

Well, if it did work you can be absolutely certain it would be considered the most sensitive information on planet earth.
Knowledge of future events, even just a few minutes into the future would allow someone to control the entire planet.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I think free will is the reason why we cant travel in the future. But I do think you can travel back, but once you do you, must stay there. No going back.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

ausername

rickymouse
It would be hard for a person to travel through time. Someone in the future may possibly find how to send signals through time..

Impossible for a person to travel through time. Possible for "information" to be sent back (only) in time.

Has happened, more than you'd be willing to believe. There are inherent dangers in altering destinies and sometimes severe consequences unforeseen, if you alter the past significantly you create a new divergent timeline your present remains unchanged.... I could go on and on and on, though I can't... Not yet.

IMO

The count of impossible things is zero in the observed universe, were possible things are infinite.
To believe in the concept of impossibility it is to deny your existence.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

the universe of this planets god,,,Allah or Father... is the Sun Moon & planet Earth only.... the rest of the cosmos in its own time frame is not this gods creation...

you are taking the bait of the deceivers

the Stars & galaxies we see from Earth are at least 2 1/2 years out of sync, but that illusion of the universe is the creator of Earth & man's reality....
the out of sync with Earth cosmos was never created by our planetary god/allah they are the territory of other creators...
what we see in the deep space is just background noise that is separate from our creation\\\our local solar sysyem is still being contested by the 'trinity' of gods versus the dualistic satan-lucifer

i was convinced you were a future throw back until this posr

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I hope these scientist don't use the google function and end up being directed to old Be___ Sch____ threads here on ATS. That guy made quite a few claims if I remember. Not to mention that silly site he had.

I still think they should direct their studies on finding actual ways to actually time travel instead of follow false leads and made up stories by those wanting attention.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join