It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs constantly barking outside here, Los Angeles area, eerily quiet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Dont recall so much constant barking for years, and its annoying.

My parents would tell me it means someone is going to die soon *yikes* Inasmuch, studies suggest animals can sense impending acts of nature.

What could it be? Its so quiet outside, otherwise?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

gardener
Dont recall so much constant barking for years, and its annoying.

My parents would tell me it means someone is going to die soon *yikes* Inasmuch, studies suggest animals can sense impending acts of nature.

What could it be? Its so quiet outside, otherwise?

There was THIS thread from Texas earlier in case you missed it.

Me? My dog won't get of the sofa. He won't go out for a walk either. He saw all the snow coming down here and looked up at me as if to say, "Yeah, right..."
Don't think it's anything weird though. He is the laziest dog I've ever had. But, I love the Great Dane/Australian Shepherd mix little mongrel.
edit on 2/1/14 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hopefully these weird animal behaviors and atmospheric changes that are causing strange feelings are not signs of worse to come.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Where you at?

I'm in NC and all is quite. Dogs are as lazy as ever.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Maybe something is wrong with the owners; one dog barking will set off others, so it's hard to tell where it's coming from.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Maybe it's the radcom4 level in Los Angeles making the dogs bark.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Probably not connected, but I had a terrible night last night! (it is Friday the 3rd, morning).
I kept waking up to hear sounds, and my dog heard them too, and would start growling and barking.
At three AM I woke up to hear voices.... but they sounded like they were coming out of some sort of device- I wondered if my telephone was on and it wasn't, then I wondered if my tv could pick up telephone conversations- but it was off.
The thing is, we live in a pretty isolated place- there isn't others around. The night is usually silent, except for the occasional owl.

I feel like I got no sleep at all.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

If I lived in an isolated area and head voices I could not eliminate - while my dog was growing, I wouldn't be sleeping well either. Were the voices within the residence or could they have been coming from outside?

I believe we are supposed to be having a geomagnetic storm (should verify that but the 3rd is what I remember). Maybe animals are sensing that. Wouldn't that let off a humming (and possibly the sense of voices)?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Bluesma
Probably not connected, but I had a terrible night last night! (it is Friday the 3rd, morning).
I kept waking up to hear sounds, and my dog heard them too, and would start growling and barking.
At three AM I woke up to hear voices.... but they sounded like they were coming out of some sort of device- I wondered if my telephone was on and it wasn't, then I wondered if my tv could pick up telephone conversations- but it was off.
The thing is, we live in a pretty isolated place- there isn't others around. The night is usually silent, except for the occasional owl.

I feel like I got no sleep at all.

Was it foggy? Fog can carry noise and voices for a distance too.... Other ideas, would be a cordless phone? Baby monitor? Hunters in your area?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Dianec
reply to post by Bluesma

If I lived in an isolated area and head voices I could not eliminate - while my dog was growing, I wouldn't be sleeping well either. Were the voices within the residence or could they have been coming from outside?

I believe we are supposed to be having a geomagnetic storm (should verify that but the 3rd is what I remember). Maybe animals are sensing that. Wouldn't that let off a humming (and possibly the sense of voices)?

A geomagnetic storm? Where is that suppose to be?... And I'm not even sure I know what that is? But sounds very sci-fi like and spooky. Like the twilight zone!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Dianec
reply to post by Bluesma

The voices sounded like they were inside the house (I was alone though), as well as did some of the other unidentified sounds. There was a humming too, that I was not familiar with and don't usually hear.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
No idea if it could be significant, proton flux peak

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
big quake imminent...run!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Dogs bark here non stop especially at night when the coyotes come through. Nothing unusual. Maybe something like that in your area?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I live in Los Angeles and I've been noticing dogs acting a bit stranger than usual. My sister heard some weird device noise a few weeks ago as well. She described the noise as some kind of toy remote control helicopter. It was buzzing outside the room windo. This was around 2 am. After a while, the noise started getting more mechanical and that's when she started getting scared that it may be something else. It went on for about 5 minutes and then it stopped. She had no idea what it was. She wanted to text me ( i sleep in the room next door) but she thought if she turned on her cell phone it would illuminate the room. So she didnt. I told her next to do it.
edit on 3-1-2014 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have more than 1 dog, in fact, i had dogs all my life, in the city.

I live in the forest now, in Argentina, San Luis Providence and have 4 dogs, had them for quite some time now.

They bark for different reaons.

A minor alteration on someone's house close by can set off a whole new level of dog barks, because they bark when other dogs bark, they just join the 'fight' so to speak.

Another reason why they bark is because they sense someone close by and it can be physical or non-corporeal, i had experienced both cases.

When the dog barks like a wolf, it is expressing sorrow, stress or complaining for something that he doeasn't like, probably a noise outside.

When they bark rythmically, like constant barks they are probably barking at someone who is approuching to your house, they do this when they sense someone that they don't recognize.

But, when they bark like they have rage, that's when you should start to worry about, they do this only when there is someone deeply disturbed close by, when they sense a bad spirit or when they sense someone who is afraid or is attempting to break into the house.

Normally, when dogs bark, it is enough to get them into the house to stop them from doing it, once you silence their surroundings, the barking stops. WHEN they bark and groan inside the house, I am mostly sure 2 things are happening.

1- you have someone outside your house trying to get in.

2- you have a spirit inside your house and they can feel it.

I had both experiences happened to me and my family here, in fact, my dog (inside my house) groan one night, after the lights were out due to a very high electrical storm, she was groaning like hell, she entered my dorm and start groaning and suddently she stopped ( felted a presence all that time, i wans't able to sleep), in the exact moment she stopped, the other dog (that was outside my house) started groaning and then it proceed to bark and run as if someone run outside my house and onto the mountains...

It was literal, as if some spirit passed through my house, my dorm and then out to the house and into the wild...

Dogs are interesting animals, but they can be sometimes a pain in the ass, the barking is really complex because generally, the most active moment for them is the night, that's the moment when they are more aware and they tend to bark more.

If you let a dog outside at night, they will probably bark from any noise or dog barking close by, if you put them inside, they will stop.

My 2 cents.

new topics

top topics

join