It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domestic Security: F.B.I. Warns Of Suspicious Almanacs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
EDIT: It turns out this happened in 2003, but for some reason is being posted in many locations as having happened within the past week. I apologize for any misinformation caused by my confusion.

That's right, if you own an almanac of any kind, Big Brother has his eye on you.

The F.B.I. is warning the police nationwide to be alert for people carrying almanacs, saying the books could be used for planning terrorist attacks.

It urged officers to watch during searches, traffic stops and other investigations for almanacs, especially ones annotated in suspicious ways.

Take those tabs out of your almanacs you terrorists! Good citizens don't waste time looking in books to learn things. :sarcasm:

SOURCE
edit on 12/31/2013 by ValerieDivusen because: forgot to include source!

edit on 12/31/2013 by ValerieDivusen because: Clearing up confusion about article's date

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Proud gardener here and they can't take away my farmers almanac

with their terrorist FEARMONGERING.

Want a terrorist? Go to DC and wherever they're plotting the next disasters!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ValerieDivusen

Due to the NSA relentless data collection efforts terrorists are forced to use these methods.

Maybe the next move would be to stop and detain everyone carrying journals, notebooks, binders and almanacs?

edit on 31-12-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
In my view, whenever a government labels a group as "terrorists" it's a bit like the pot calling the kettle black (as the saying goes). Between the NSA knowing everything about me and the TSA's unwanted sexual advances every time I try to catch a flight, I can't tell who the bigger threat to my personal well-being is anymore.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Now, A terrorist tool. And you thought it was only for gardeners.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Can anyone speculate as to HOW an almanac could be used for nefarious purposes? Wouldn't a calendar be just as efficient?

I guess everyone at the old folks home is now a suspect. The next thing you know, drinking prune juice will also implicate you...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
I guess everyone at the old folks home is now a suspect. The next thing you know, drinking prune juice will also implicate you...

Having or carrying a copy of the US constitution, especially the pocket size copies should be at least considered an act of treason punishable by death with this government.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Next on the law maker plate is to pass a law requiring everyone to register their ownership of a Farmer's Almanac, as well as the requirement of licensing to open carry, or concealed carry a Farmer's Almanac.

Gardening just got real.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

ausername

Due to the NSA relentless data collection efforts terrorists are forced to use these methods.

Maybe the next move would be to stop and detain everyone carrying journals, notebooks, binders and almanacs?

edit on 31-12-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

well there you have it.

Terrorists may use phones, shoes, electricity, etc.. and they breathe oxygen TOO!

all these things are now suspected as terrorist materials..

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Remember back to the future..??

An almanac from the future in this time line would change the course of history (in the future time line)..

Who knows..

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have an atlas of Oklahoma since I'm dyslexic and get lost a lot. There are all sorts of annotations in/on it so I can find my way from point A to point B. Also have an atlas I got from the wildlife department showing where all the local watering holes are: lakes, ponds, rivers, etc. Tools for dealing with dyslexia can now be construed as evidence of terrorism? I'd move but I need an atlas to find my way outa here.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Oh you are SO a suspect now, I bet they are dispatching drones as I am typing this now.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Let's see what they make of this then!!!!!!

Wisden Cricketers' Almanack
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wisden 1878 edition
Wisden Cricketers' Almanack (often referred to simply as Wisden or colloquially as "the Bible of Cricket") is a cricket reference book published annually in the United Kingdom. It is considered the world's most famous sports reference book.[1] The description "bible of cricket" was first used in the 1930s by Alec Waugh in a review for the London Mercury.[2] In October 2013, an all-time Test World XI was announced to mark the 150th anniversary of Wisden Cricketers' Almanack.[3][4][5][6]
In 2012, an Indian edition of Wisden Cricketers' Almanack was launched to widespread acclaim.[7]

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Can anyone speculate as to HOW an almanac could be used for nefarious purposes?

• Almanacs contain information needed to raise a garden
  • People who raise gardens eat fresh food.
  • People who eat fresh food don't buy supermarket food.
  • People who don't buy supermarket food do not consume harmful chemicals.
  • People who don't consume harmful chemicals might think clearly.
  • People who think clearly can see what the government is doing.
  • People who see what the government is doing realize the government is acting illegally.
  • People who realize the government is acting illegally might want to stop such actions.
  • People who try to stop illegal government actions impede the progress of political agendas.
  • People who impede the progress of political agendas endanger political goals.
  • People who endanger political goals are terrorists!

See? It's all perfectly logical.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Almanacs also give a diverse and widely separated group a combined time to center on, for the same moment, no matter what day it is. That can be Sundown, Sunrise or a couple other things. Nothing but an Almanac would work in quite that same way for the data that book would contain to be of interest over any other random book to consider.

If this were established to be happening more recently (looked like a 2003 story?) then I'd be seriously concerned. This is the quirky kind of detail that has no meaning because it's a practical tool for organizing, and not a symbol. The serious "A" team level of the opposition would think this way, IMO.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
An Almanac?

Really?

um....

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Well if you bundled a whole bunch of them together and fired them from a catapult that could really hurt someone....

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

ausername
reply to post by whitewave

Oh you are SO a suspect now, I bet they are dispatching drones as I am typing this now.

Cheers!

Oh noes! Better turn to my almanac to see what time sunrise is so I can skedaddle outa here!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think they should also add your average street map and if, when the flashlight is shined into the eyes, the iris dilates a quarter of a second too soon bring them in for questioning. These people are seriously delinquent in the ability to think things through.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Here's another one "they" missed...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNgo07Cg7lI
11 Feb 2008 - Uploaded by allivegp
The Kinks - Autumn Almanac From the dew-soaked hedge creeps a crawly caterpillar, When ...

Look carefully at them, you never know...

new topics

top topics

join