It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF you won it all, what would be the first thing you do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Buy guns and ammo! A whole lot of guns and ammo!

Then a ton of canned and dried goods!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

lol geez...

I'd consider buying all the guns and ammo so no one could have any guns an ammo...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Oh, and I would bribe my way into a permanent spot as Co-Host of TopGear..

man that would be a FUN show.. if not the Funnest ever to be a part of.

And then I would get up with Charley and Ewan and do a few Long Way Down/Around adventures..

Yep, forget the secret military.. Fun, and MORE FUN..

EPIC motorcycle trips.. that is my HONEST DREAM.. those guys KNOW HOW TO LIVE!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Now we're talkin!!

this is supposed to be about fun.... not survival or giving it all away

I love that show too, but I like the british one better...

The guys on the BBC are way funnier

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Never work to try and buy them all but I'd buy color coded AR's for each day (with matching 1911's.)

And then go fishing in New Zealand (for hobbits.)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Perhaps we'll go fishing with those guns?

And some TNT?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
1. I wouldn't retire yet as I enjoy my job too much but I would take a long vacation to Bozeman, MT/Yellowstone/Howlers Inn.

2. Then i would work for another 10 years or until i was no longer as happy with my job.

3. By some rare books, albums, artifacts..

4. Start a store like Curious Goods on Friday the 13th the TV series!

5. Then buy center ice seats for lots of hockey games.
edit on 2014pAmerica/Chicago3103ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Nah, all the LOTR movies show that in New Zealand you have to fish for hobbits with bows and arrows and such.

As for the TNT.. well this is what happened last time I tried that. Got the hobbit though.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
new white straight teeth so I can smile without feeling self conscious about my wonky front two teeth.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I would politely request to withdraw the full amount in one dollar bills, then exchange them for waterproof Australian bills and build an origami continent which would become a floating, peace loving civilization.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Pay off all my debts.
Set aside a trust fund for my niece.
Put my siblings through college.
Finish college myself.
Buy a small energy efficient house and car.
invest some
give some to charity.
Leave the rest in the bank to live on.

Go on with life.
edit on 31-12-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Keep in mind this is just for fun....

I believe money corrupts as well... but none of us are going to win $500mil in the lottery...

SO we're just playin around....

Well, I'm giving you my fantasy of what I would do if I had $500 million in my hands. Philosophically, even charity has been argued as being self-motivated so, theoretically, by doing for others, I'd still be doing for myself and making myself feel good and like I was a positive force of change within at least a small sector of the world. Or even more simply, I could go to sleep at night knowing that my friends and loved ones were all well taken care of. I couldn't even put a price on how great that would be. Ergo, I cannot even remotely fantasize doing anything else first or pretend to be vicarious because that would be so hypocritical and simply validate those behaviors that I find so abhorrent.

Maybe that makes me the biggest stick in the mud on the planet but so be it if it does. I put more stock in virtues than I do in any material good. That's just who I am and I'm not going to pretend to be anything else. If you want, you can blame it on my being autistic or too serious. As for me, I've already put my money where my mouth is when my family gave up their Christmas to help support another family in their time of dire need.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
We talk about this one, not because we'll ever win, but because it's a fun topic.

1. Get a good money manager.
2. Square all our remaining debt.
3. Set up our retirement accounts.
4. Set up child's education account.
5. Set up to accounts/trusts to help provide for both sets of parents and refurbish ancestral land.
6. Provide for a complete remodel of our current home with maybe some modest expansion.
7. Set up some investment account to provide a modest supporting stipend as neither of us wants to stop working or otherwise living a normal life.
8. Set up accounts to provide annual sums for charities of our choice.

We are both agreed that we want to maintain our current lifestyle as much as possible with some small changes. The main thing we want is the security of knowing it's there to fall back on and that we can care for our loved ones in a time of need. Material gain is secondary. There just really aren't that many things we actually want for ourselves.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
First thing: lawyer. .. it is wise to seek legal aid.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I would move...

build me a house in the middle of nowhere and no one would ever see me again.

THAT is what i would do!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Akragon
Think hard...

IF you won the lottery... lets say it was half a billion dollars, just so theres no limits on the question...

What would be the very first thing you would do after you got your money?

Hire a lawyer and keep my mouth shut. ( Yes, I'm capable of doing that)

Change my name and S.S. number after all legal and financial responsibilities are fulfilled. You can do the latter once in your lifetime.

Tell my child, and ONLY my child, after a confidentiality agreement has been signed that the information be told to NO ONE. The penalty if the agreement is breached? The child doesn't get a dime. May sound harsh, but that child would be getting the lion's share of it anyway.

Who says money can't buy understanding?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join