It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pravda - US Turning Communistic - Repeating Soviet Union Mistakes - Bye Bye Miss American Pie

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

UxoriousMagnus

AngryCymraeg

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

The Stock Market is an Illusion . You obviously don't see that . My Condolences......

www.shtfplan.com...
edit on 31-12-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

Thank you for the link. It gave me a great laugh. In fact the entire website gave me a great laugh. And I understand the stock market just fine thanks. I read a lot of books.

Angry"C",

I don't understand people like you. You come into a thread like this one and call everyone idiots and make fun of things they say, then you make fun of links they post, then you make fun of references they make. You have yet to make one interesting statement backed by proof, references or material.

"I fought real communists in college".....WTF does that even mean and how does that statement make you have a better understanding of communism than any of us? That statement holds about as much weight as me saying "I fought little green men in your moms bedroom last night."

Can you actually contribute to the thread for gods sake?

I have contributed. I've pointed out that a lot of people on this thread have no idea what a communist is. And I did fight real communists in college. I was on the Student Union in Wales in 1988 and you should have seen some of the idiots who would stand up to speak and praise the Soviet Union. So I have fought communists, both in speech and in one case in a bar after he made some derogatory comments.
Oh and by the way I actually went to Russia when it was still the Soviet Union. So I've seen what communism is like in practice and I don't recommend it. At all.
It is very easy to say that someone is a communist. It has to be backed up by proof. I have lost count of the number of times that someone on ATS has claimed that Obama is a communist based on absolutely no proof. It's a lazy claim made by people who have been badly educated. Such people tend to think that all Democrats are communists. Which is a moronic statement.
Happy now?

....................................................................................................
So you "fought" commies in the student union and also at a bar because of derogatory comments......wow sounds bloody. You are a true soldier. My grandfather on Omaha beach has nothing on you

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

AngryCymraeg

UxoriousMagnus

AngryCymraeg

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

The Stock Market is an Illusion . You obviously don't see that . My Condolences......

www.shtfplan.com...
edit on 31-12-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

Thank you for the link. It gave me a great laugh. In fact the entire website gave me a great laugh. And I understand the stock market just fine thanks. I read a lot of books.

Angry"C",

I don't understand people like you. You come into a thread like this one and call everyone idiots and make fun of things they say, then you make fun of links they post, then you make fun of references they make. You have yet to make one interesting statement backed by proof, references or material.

"I fought real communists in college".....WTF does that even mean and how does that statement make you have a better understanding of communism than any of us? That statement holds about as much weight as me saying "I fought little green men in your moms bedroom last night."

Can you actually contribute to the thread for gods sake?

I have contributed. I've pointed out that a lot of people on this thread have no idea what a communist is. And I did fight real communists in college. I was on the Student Union in Wales in 1988 and you should have seen some of the idiots who would stand up to speak and praise the Soviet Union. So I have fought communists, both in speech and in one case in a bar after he made some derogatory comments.
Oh and by the way I actually went to Russia when it was still the Soviet Union. So I've seen what communism is like in practice and I don't recommend it. At all.
It is very easy to say that someone is a communist. It has to be backed up by proof. I have lost count of the number of times that someone on ATS has claimed that Obama is a communist based on absolutely no proof. It's a lazy claim made by people who have been badly educated. Such people tend to think that all Democrats are communists. Which is a moronic statement.
Happy now?

....................................................................................................
So you "fought" commies in the student union and also at a bar because of derogatory comments......wow sounds bloody. You are a true soldier. My grandfather on Omaha beach has nothing on you

I am no such thing as a true soldier and I fail to see your snarky point.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Comparing Russia and it's current state to the US is pretty ludicruos but funny. I guess the guy in Russia who wrote the article enjoys pulling the wool over peoples eyes! Anyway, I'm not sure which NWO Putin has been so successful at "keeping out" of Russia. I mean, I get Obama is a communist, so what? The important point that was left out is that he is a STUPID communist.
Anyway, this is the new normal. Thanks 50 years of public education !

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
What's unfortunate about this is that people think the kind of statist/totalitarian mindset that created Soviet Russia will always look exactly the same wherever it arises. Which creates a false sense of security. People think they would recognize it instantly and would be able to stop it before it went too far.

Unfortunately, the basic desire to dominate and control that drives this kind of a state has proven itself to be quite resilient and almost infinitely malleable. It has to be remembered that people learn from the past. But ordinary people like us tend to lack the creativity and imagination of the people who undoubtedly are determined to make such things happen in the future.

They can look back and see the mistakes that were made by people like Stalin. They can change tactics and find new ways to conceal oppression and keep people asleep.

The real fear is that they may eventually refine their methods (through trial and error, if nothing else) to the point to where it is not even obvious to the average person what is happening. A ruthless dictatorship like the one Stalin created could probably not last indefinitely because sooner or later, people are going to get tired of being brutalized and openly oppressed.

It becomes obvious that what is necessary for oppression to survive indefinitely is to keep people under the illusion that they are safe and to keep them reasonably comfortable and not to set off too many alarms.

The real fear I have is a dictator who doesn't have to force his subjects to obey unquestionably. One who is loved not because he is feared but because people just don't know any better. And such a dictator does not have to be a single person. A collective dictatorship is worse than a Stalin type dictatorship. It fits right in with the mentality of the collectivist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join