It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man complains to Jetstar over obese seatmate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
au.totaltravel.yahoo.com...

A disgruntled traveller has penned a droll open letter to Jetstar after being seated next to a person he referred to as “an infant hippopotamus”.

Travelling from Perth to Sydney, blogger Rich Wisken said he paid $25 for the space of an exit row seat, but was instead pinned to his seat by his fellow passenger

Pinned to my seat by a fleshy boulder

"Pinned to my seat by a fleshy boulder, I started preparing for a 127 Hours-like escape. Thankfully though, the beast moved slightly to his left, which allowed me to stand up, walk to the back of the plane and politely ask the cabin crew to be seated elsewhere”, he wrote.

Despite pleas of relocation to cabin crew, who informed him that seats at the rear of the plane were reserved for crew, Mr Wisken returned to his original seat.

“It was then I realised that my fate was sealed. I made my way back to Jabba the Hutt and spent the remainder of the flight smothered in side-boob and cellulite, taking shallow breaths to avoid noxious gas poisoning.”

Just before landing, Mr Wisken made his way to the back of the plane to find the reserved crew-only seats occupied by non-crew members.

He penned the letter seeking compensation for “physical pain and mental suffering caused by being enveloped in human blubber for four hours”.

Two days after his nightmarish flight, Mr Wisken was due to travel from Sydney to Melbourne but the connecting flight was cancelled due to engineering requirements. His rescheduled flight the following day was also cancelled.

On the third day, his flight was delayed by two hours, but ultimately departed.

Jetstar emailed Mr Wisken offering a $100 voucher as compensation. He posted a response on the Jetstar Facebook page, but it was removed by the company.

In a follow up email to Jestar, Mr Wisken wrote:

“Awesome work, Jetstar! Two of my flights in the past two days have been cancelled. You're so lucky that my favourite pastime is wasting both time and money getting to and from airports. Imagine how annoyed someone who doesn't LOVE wasting time and money would feel about this situation. Man, I'd hate to be that guy...”

Mr Wisken has vowed never to fly Jetstar again.

Hhahahahahahha Fricken brilliant!

I Personally despise that particular airline. Last time I used them (3 weeks ago) we were met at the check-in by what looked like a 11 year old Asian boy with a massive attitude. Very odd.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I did laugh. At least he had a minute amount of humor left to discuss it, instead of being "that guy" who just reached his breaking point.

I have never flown, but am constantly amazed at the stories and nightmarish experiences I hear of. I catch myself wondering why anybody would fly... then I realize some must do so and I then feel sorry for them. It seems like a wretched experience for almost everybody.

I hope he gets to use his voucher in a way that makes him happy soon.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Never flown?

Gosh, you are missing out! Imagine all the beautiful places you could go and see if you did?

Don't get me wrong. Not all airlines are like this. (I have worked for a few)

Life at the pointy end is a little cramped but at least I didn't have to put up with human paper weights!

Happy New Year! Only 9 and a bit hours to go here (Perth Australia)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Nope. I have never flown. I am terrified of it to begin with, but have never had a reason to do so or the funds even if I wanted to.

I have always wanted to go to Ireland since that is part of my heritage... I may have to bite the bullet on it one day. A bucket list kind of thing maybe.

Happy (early for me, almost on time for you) New Year to you as well CaptianBeno.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Believe it or not I first flew to get over my fear! (A long time ago!)

However, a trip to your local small airport will be worth it's weight in gold. Go for a trial flight! The cost is small, well, compared to a transatlantic flight anyway.

You will get to fly the aircraft (usually a Cessna 152 or 172) on your first go, maybe even land it!?

Fear = Gone, instantly.

You will love it, plus you will have a smile on your face for weeks!!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I've been pinned in by one of these flesh boulders on a flight. it's very uncomfortable.
I couldn't even get out to go to the washroom. I asked for her to let me past and she said "climb over me I can't get up" I had to straddle this woman to escape. Talk about humiliating with everyone staring. After that I held my bladder the rest of the way. I had to babysit her drinks and food on my drop down tray, she couldn't lower hers because her belly was in the way, so I had to share but couldn't put my tray back up out of the way until she finished her cans of coke. She was a very inconsiderate flesh boulder .
edit on 31-12-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I had an experience at the very back row of passenger seats once. The 'lady' I was seated with was pretty upfront about it and said if I was bothered she'd simply catch another flight. I told her as long as she didn't mind neither would I. She was actually one of the most pleasant flight companions I've ever been paired with.

top topics

join